Has the air cooled market cooled ?

21 hours ago, wangan said:

Was more referring to general information on the car. I have another post which I update with details on G50 cars. 

Always makes me cringe.....

No wonder there are so many "its not worth that / this / XXX / not worth half" comments.... you are all going off cars you couldn't afford / justify to the wife/ partner/ mistress in the first place!!

Or looking for validation / justification of overpaying for a POS. 

Each to their own i guess?

4 hours ago, on_booost said:

Always makes me cringe.....

No wonder there are so many "its not worth that / this / XXX / not worth half" comments.... you are all going off cars you couldn't afford / justify to the wife/ partner/ mistress in the first place!!

Or looking for validation / justification of overpaying for a POS. 

Each to their own i guess?

This is the whole fun of the ‘General Marketplace and Values’ threads such as this one. No point coming here if you hate this kind of discussion! And just because you’re bagging a car or a price, it doesn’t mean you can’t afford it

18 hours ago, JLD said:

This is the whole fun of the ‘General Marketplace and Values’ threads such as this one. No point coming here if you hate this kind of discussion! And just because you’re bagging a car or a price, it doesn’t mean you can’t afford it

General Discussion is (well as far as i am able to read english) well, general - not specifically how much did you pay for your car.....?

Maybe i'm old / was brought up differently -  but I was taught it was rude to ask that sort of SPECIFIC (not general - see what I did there?? ) question.....

But like i said - WTF would i know - I still believe in old fashioned values of Respect etc.

36 minutes ago, on_booost said:

General Discussion is (well as far as i am able to read english) well, general - not specifically how much did you pay for your car.....?

Maybe i'm old / was brought up differently -  but I was taught it was rude to ask that sort of SPECIFIC (not general - see what I did there?? ) question.....

But like i said - WTF would i know - I still believe in old fashioned values of Respect etc.

In my case its not a maybe, I am old, and if I have been interested enough in a car I will certainly ask how much it cost, and more often than not I will get an answer, but would also respect someone not wishing to disclose.

Only last week I had the audacity to ask a chap how much he had paid for his French Bulldog puppy, and for the record, he was happy to spill the beans.

Although rereading the last few posts, it seems I am agreeing, as I wouldnt ask on this thread.

7 minutes ago, 9er said:

In my case its not a maybe, I am old, and if I have been interested enough in a car I will certainly ask how much it cost, and more often than not I will get an answer, but would also respect someone not wishing to disclose.

Only last week I had the audacity to ask a chap how much he had paid for his French Bulldog puppy, and for the record, he was happy to spill the beans.

Although rereading the last few posts, it seems I am agreeing, as I wouldnt ask on this thread.

How much for a French Bulldog ? 

59 minutes ago, on_booost said:

The title definitely includes the word 'Values', so it is an apt arena to discuss. But it's not compulsory to divulge prices! Some don't like to, others don't care. I for one definitely don't care as it helps others to gauge a ballpark to aim towards. Each unto their own as they say!

11 hours ago, Mike-S said:

This thread has confirmed I really need to have a chat with Shannon’s about the agreed value of my 87 Targa, it would appear to be woefully underinsured….

Had a conversation earlier this week with Shannon's on the insured value of my two cars. I suggested figures higher than I thought they would agree to, but after a ten minute referral there was no further negotiation needed. Seems they are right on the market at present.

8 hours ago, Dalai said:

Seemed outrageous at the time it was listed but doesn't look as extreme with the tide rising around it...

Still crazy money for a G series, but the whole market appears to have gone crazy the last couple of years!

If they hadn’t have touched the price it would have sold!

On 24/12/2021 at 10:30, Burgerman said:

Had a conversation earlier this week with Shannon's on the insured value of my two cars. I suggested figures higher than I thought they would agree to, but after a ten minute referral there was no further negotiation needed. Seems they are right on the market at present.

It’ll be interesting to see where they would place it to be honest. Still only done 135k, Aus delivered, one of only 81 911’s that year and possibly the only targa, with the original books but a gap from 1992-2015, when I came across it in the owners warehouse. He’d bought it from Hamilton’s after the previous country NSW owner traded it after a service, never registered it here in VIC as he was a trader himself so ran it on trade plates. 3-4 years and 5k later it wouldn’t start one holiday, so he left it in the corner of the warehouse under curtains and it didn’t move again until I turned up in 2015. Other than having the front painted, it’s still original, plenty of stonechips so we’re not afraid to use it 😁

1 hour ago, Mike-S said:

Other than having the front painted, it’s still original, plenty of stonechips so we’re not afraid to use it 😁

Reckon I may have contributed to those stone chips, as I distinctly remember you and your mate close behind us in the Adelaide hills 😅

2 hours ago, MFX said:

I had a chat with Shannons the other day and we have an agreed value on my Orange car of $150k. Not that I would ever sell it but if I did it would need to be for a lot more than that ;)

Wait for the private messages mate 😅