Has the air cooled market cooled ?

1 hour ago, rminc said:

I follow the 3.2 market heavily (aussie delivered in particular) and I can tell you there are only 2 coupes on carsales.

I'd be interested in your observations. I have upped my insurance a couple of times recently, but feel the agreed value is still under replacement cost . Mine is an AD 1984 Coupe with now just short of 194K...

871379281_911Marysville.thumb.jpg.d813f17be6013efd19fd704102883c14.jpg

Edit: And no polite stalking, it's never going to be for sale! B)

33 minutes ago, Dalai said:

I'd be interested in your observations. I have upped my insurance a couple of times recently, but feel the agreed value is still under replacement cost . Mine is an AD 1984 Coupe with now just short of 194K...

871379281_911Marysville.thumb.jpg.d813f17be6013efd19fd704102883c14.jpg

Edit: And no polite stalking, it's never going to be for sale! B)

I rememeber that car when it came up for sale years ago. Think it was part of a divorce in Porsche WA. Could be wrong though. 

Site unseen $150k would be the minimum I'd say. Unrestored. 

Depends on what has been rebuilt too. All adds value. Brakes, engine, suspension, transmission... 

Buyers will say market is flat (as per this topic basically). Sellers will say the markets hot. There's a midle ground inbetween. I'd say the days of buying 3.2s (Aussie delivered) at under $150k are gone unless there is a significant amount of work that needs to be done. I.e leaks, panel work, rust, electrical gremlins, or excessively high kms (300k plus).

They all have issues, some worse than others. I've seen oil leaks, torn seats, rust and missing bits and pieces. I was told for years, by sellers, they all leak (they don't). All these can add up very quick. I don't think you can buy these cars with PPI anymore unless you're paying top dollar, because there's always someone willing to risk no PPI just to get the deal and that's the easiest option for a seller. 

52 minutes ago, rminc said:

I remember that car when it came up for sale years ago. Think it was part of a divorce in Porsche WA. Could be wrong though. 

Site unseen $150k would be the minimum I'd say. Unrestored. 

Depends on what has been rebuilt too. All adds value. Brakes, engine, suspension, transmission... 

Impressive memory! Correct regarding the previous owners. Bought this February 2017 from Chellingworth Porsche in Perth where it was on consignment.

Gearbox rebuilt. Wevo short shifter fitted soon after purchasing. Motor strong. 9" Fuchs on the rear. Brakes about to  be rebuilt.

Interior with later model electric seats recovered in Porsche script cloth. I have the original radio and will refit; don't use it anyway so rather go back to original. Centre vent replaced shortly after that photo was taken as was bugging me. :)

$150 is the current agreed value.

252728570_My84PorscheInterior.thumb.jpg.2f9b9ba2385844f483c632c30d45417f.jpg

Cars are definitely selling off market, an 86 3.2 just sold for 180k through Nino with no PPI here in Tassie and was sold to the mainland.  Semi high kms (230k) unrebuilt but it pulled like stink. He also just sold an 85 to a doc in Wodonga too (but I have not been a busybody yet to find out price). He was saying he is getting weekly phone calls about cars for sale which is keeping him busy.

• 1 month later...

Another successful off market/word of mouth etc etc deal done!

Halfway between Brisbane and Sydney there is currently is a very happy fellow driving home in his new Aussie delivered G50 Carrera coupe.  Plus a happy seller who avoided the CS run around. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Halfway between Brisbane and Sydney there is currently is a very happy fellow driving home in his new Aussie delivered G50 Carrera coupe.  Plus a happy seller who avoided the CS run around. 

Great news! Glad someone got a deal sorted without rigmarole. 

If anyone is wondering if the market has 'cooled' this car went 11 months ago - rare carrera 3.0 'tourist delivery in a lovely spec, refurbished. What do you think it would go for now? I cry over missing out on it most days.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1976-porsche-911-carrera-3-0-targa

24 minutes ago, Schnell said:

Great news! Glad someone got a deal sorted without rigmarole. 

If anyone is wondering if the market has 'cooled' this car went 11 months ago - rare carrera 3.0 'tourist delivery in a lovely spec, refurbished. What do you think it would go for now? I cry over missing out on it most days.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1976-porsche-911-carrera-3-0-targa

Hard to call due to the WOVR factor. 

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Now I can stop thinking about it in the back of my mind. Very nice car, am sure the buyer will enjoy! 

On 19/12/2021 at 16:12, OBRUT said:

Any details on the car? Colour kms price? Ballpark even. 

40 minutes ago, wangan said:

Any details on the car? Colour kms price? Ballpark even. 

Described in an informal ppi as “an absolute peach”

Marine blue metallic over Marine Blue

Matching numbers and has its original books, tool roll, compressor, spare space saver, tyre pressure guage etc.

All service records from new until current.

All of the usual upgrades  like turbo tie rods, better bushings and shocks, Sports muffler

Highish kms (2xxxxx) but recent engine out top end refresh  

Compression and leak down really good

Paint great and mostly appears original  

Major service a week or so ago and full tank of gas before pickup. 

Price?  Both parties happy. 

1 hour ago, P-Kay said:

+ 20% at least!

Might be around $150k, based on the recent Shannon's sale of the Granite Green one. 

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2021-shannons-40th-anniversary-timed-online-auction/K5FX15019LS3U6H9/

This one attached may be the marine blue one that sold. I don't know of many that are around. 

Screenshot_20211221-121301_Gallery.jpg

3 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Are you going to you say what you paid for yours?  

I've openly posted in other threads what I've paid and sold for. Good to get some feedback as to know if I'm getting a decent deal, or paying too much. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't ask you either? 

Never understood why someone wouldn't share what they paid, unless it was too much... That's just me though. 

32 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

No worries, I must have misunderstood when you said “Any details … price?”

Ps. In this case, the price info is not even mine to divulge. 

Was more referring to general information on the car. I have another post which I update with details on G50 cars.