Butt Shot

Very very lucky to have been a passenger in this this morning. How do you explain it????

AWSOME is probably the only word that comes close. Did not break any speed limits, didn't have to, the car does not have to prove a thing. What a great feeling to know that you are in a car that has very few cars in the same class. This thing is a predator, "the great white of the roads".

The noise...not deafening or irritating, ....."Rolling Thunder" is apt.

While sitting on the limit on the freeway we were passed by a couple of other P cars...cars that I used to admire fully...Now I think...I still admire them but they are no comparison to this beast.

The smile stayed on the dial for the entire drive, then back into the CX7 to head to the airport to pick up my wife, and I noticed I was still smiling.....hope no one was looking at me.

Such a special car, my Thanks to David for letting me share in this experience, truly the best car I have ever had the pleasure to be in.

Thanks to Chris for inviting me along. I am still smiling as I write this 7 hours later.....

18112012076.jpg

sorry photo quality crap, from my crap phone.

Very cool. Hope to have a refresher experience with the car sometime, been a long time since I have seen the car. FYI a 993 GT2 sold at auction in London last month:

http://www.rmauction...=3&Collection=#

Very valuable cars, sold for more than a 959 with only 651 kms on the clock.

Very cool. Hope to have a refresher experience with the car sometime, been a long time since I have seen the car. FYI a 993 GT2 sold at auction in London last month:

http://www.rmauction...=3&Collection=#[/

http://www.rmauction...=3&Collection=#

Very valuable cars, sold for more than a 959 with only 651 kms on the clock.

WOW! From my very limited knowledge on P cars, the one I was in yesterday is identical to the auctioned car, excepting the colour and actually has less K's on the clock.

20 hours later and the smile is still reappearing.

(Quick calculation = about 17 Boxsters of my vintage, give or take 1 or 2.)

Very envious indeed Niko. That is like the pinnacle of 993s!!!

yes T man, I have been completely spoilt now. I have sampled the best.

The worst part is I have also just worked out where my Boxster stands in the pecking order.....and it aint pretty.

desismileys_4529.gif

The worst part is I have also just worked out where my Boxster stands in the pecking order.....and it aint pretty.

desismileys_4529.gif

Niko, at least you can drive it and push it - if I had a car like that I would be locked away!

desismileys_4529.gif

Don't be so sad Niko.

Your Boxster shares the same genetic DNA mate.And let's face it. He can't even put the top down!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed it as I was leaving the 356 display. I have just zoomed in and definitely has the RUF on the back on what I would say is CTR on the bottom right of the engine lid. I have just wikapediaed (is that a word) the YELLOWBIRD as it is new to me.

All I can say is CHEESUS

Bugga, I should have gotten more shots and had a talk I do have the unaltered photo showing Historic plates and the face of the chap squatting next to it if you need to see more in a PM or email

Also found this: I know it's not the right post for it but if we are talking YELLOWBIRDS....

Got me thinking actually.... I wonder if my 85 BLUEBIRD is part of that family????

• 3 weeks later...