1985 Carrera 3.2 Coupe

Putting this out to the PFA community prior to it being listed elsewhere. Full disclosure It’s a friend’s car and he’s asked me to list it for him as he doesn’t have the time whilst running his business.

08/1985 Carrera 3.2 Coupe 

Australian delivered & matching numbers.

Delivered by Hamilton’s on the 6/08/1985 to a Doctor from East Melbourne and having 3 owners since (all in Victoria) with my friend owning the car since April 2004 when it had done 232,400km.

Paint Code L999 indicates PTS although the car is believed to be Garnet Red in colour.

Interior Code BZ indicates Black Leatherette with Striped Flannel inlays although the front seats were re-trimmed by Weltmeister in full leather in April 2004.

*Full history file

*231Hp Row spec engine 

*Top end rebuild by Weltmeister at 213,975km in October 2003

*Gear box rebuild by Spyder Automobiles at 236,854km in November 2005

*Turbo tie rod ends

*251,351km (18,000km since April 2004)

Currently on historic plates which are non-transferable so will be sold without registration or a roadworthy however the car easily passed a roadworthy check to obtain the club plates on the 16/3/2020 and has had minimal use since. 

Inspections welcome (the car located in Bendigo).

Looking for $160,000

Photos taken and added to the thread below, I have heaps more so please message me if you want to see anything specific.

IMG_4191.jpeg

IMG_4194.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4193.jpeg

12 minutes ago, mrar said:

I can't do direct debt payments on this site (old skool) so don't sell or post anything much anymore.

I find it interesting that people that have not even a membership can sell their car on this platform.

Busy or not, I answered a wanted ad and had that deleted.

The wtb was a fm in that instance. 

Double standards?

Moderate....delete, or pls explain?

Should this be in the rant thread.

If this isn’t allowed then I apologise & will delete the post. PFA is a great community of enthusiasts and I thought someone amongst us may be after a car like this.

24 minutes ago, mrar said:

I have read the forum rules and just don't get the bias, especially when wtb ads by financial members are deleted but wtb threads posted seem to be allowed by std members.

Glws.

There is no bias mate. Personal Wtb and sale ads do require the member to be financial. 

If you see an ad where the member is not financial just report it. We are usually pretty hot on deleting them, yet some do slip through to the keeper, and we are only aware when we either randomly see it, or its reported.

Can't say I've personally deleted any of the ads where the member is financial, yet we do delete quite a few from non FM's and new members who aren't aware of the forum guidelines. If a mistake has been made, don't hesitate to message a moderator 👍

I'll also add that if a member isn't financial, the post is hidden at first, as are ALL the replies. If they become financial all are unhidden

1 minute ago, mrar said:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply!

Don't mean to be a pain in rear, butt as an example.

Please see a snapshot of the last few wtb threads (red denotes members from quick search) .

20240207_185913.jpg

Crikey! 😳  I'll have a look mate

Cheers for that 👍

@mrar

I just hid 15 sale and wtb ads 😳

Methinks I need to be a bit more observant!

Cheers 👍

12 hours ago, mrar said:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply!

Don't mean to be a pain in rear, butt as an example.

Please see a snapshot of the last few wtb threads (red denotes members from quick search) .

20240207_185913.jpg

I'm confused, you're not a financial member either....

49 minutes ago, W18G said:

Hi mate What the paint work like? It’s it original or has it been re done? Cheers 

It’s very good, has been repainted during my friends ownership by a very reputable shop here in Bendigo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...