pre rant: if you are going to sit below the speed limit on the single carriageway , don't hit warp speed when you hit an overtaking lane / dual carriageway.

About to take the family up the Pacific highway to Brisbane tomorrow.

Good luck with that

Try coming up behind the doddlers with your car on the trailer and watch how they go when you get to the overtaking lane.  It is my pet hate.

Perhaps have a look at Thunderbolt's Highway as an alternative route

You might want to try

Getting a face full of cigarette smoke when you are casually strolling along behind someone - bleurgh!!!!

People fagging on outside airports, the sliding doors allow  the smoke to blow into the terminal as well. Shouldn't be allowed with all that avgas in the atmosphere...

Calling out for the karma bus.

Newly repaired R36 hit.today at.chadstone shopping centre where very unlucky daughter of mine works.

No note,number or thank you.

Just a bloody great dent in the rear side panel

Cops and video being reviewed. Hoping that someone gets a knock on their door from MrPlod

Calling out for the karma bus.

Newly repaired R36 hit.today at.chadstone shopping centre where very unlucky daughter of mine works.

No note,number or thank you.

Just a bloody great dent in the rear side panel

Cops and video being reviewed. Hoping that someone gets a knock on their door from MrPlod

I feel for you, that is downright dishonest and disgusting. 

Ok I have a vent for today,Why is it you can no longer walk through the Sydney CBD without being accosted every 10 steps by a group of people trying to sign you up for something or another. It's the way they try and step in front of you and force you to shake their hands or try and make you feel guilty for not stopping... expecting you to provide them with a reason not to stop.If I stopped everytime it would take me hours to walk from one end of the Pitt Street Mall to the other. I do understand some of the people are there for various very deserving charities but I question the logic of having these guys and girls on the street and trying to market in such an agressive way, I doubt that they have a very good response, it may even go so far as to put people off.Surely there must be better ways of raising awareness (and money) than sending a bunch of kids on the the streets and purposly disturbing people as they are just going about their daily business. I'm just tired of every minute saying 'no thank you' or having to lie by claiming 'I'm already running late' or 'I'm on my way to a meeting'. Would having some form of stand where you can choose to donate be more effective and less confronting?.Oh and number 2... I hate losing to the Aussies in the Ashes.... That really hurts, not that I expect ANY sympathy from my fellow members here :-)Have a good day.

You really need to work on your thousand yard stare. Spruikers work by leveraging your politeness back on you by triggering social norms such as a 'handshake' or 'hi'. Just walk with a determined look on your face and suspend any reaction. It's like those steering wheel lock things...the idea is not to prevent the thief, but to get them to choose a different car. Sunglasses help, too, becaue when they aren't sure they had made eye contact their heart goes out of it. Theyll abandon you as a mark and look for the next one.

You really need to work on your thousand yard stare. Spruikers work by leveraging your politeness back on you by triggering social norms such as a 'handshake' or 'hi'. Just walk with a determined look on your face and suspend any reaction. It's like those steering wheel lock things...the idea is not to prevent the thief, but to get them to choose a different car. Sunglasses help, too, becaue when they aren't sure they had made eye contact their heart goes out of it. Theyll abandon you as a mark and look for the next one.

Or alternatively, embrace your inner nutcase and look unhinged!  They won't come near you.. Oh and wearing massive headphones with the sunnies help.  I just point at the headphones and say 'i cant hear you' and keep walking!

---------

My VENT -  TAXIS!

So I'm at the parents on Sunday. My brother is wrecking an AU Falcon former Taxi. I'm looking at the shell of the car and noticed multiple rust spots developing in what look like splits in the metal, near the rear guard and another one over the rear passenger door... then look inside and can see metal that has been melted and is all wrinkly.  So I said to him  erm  is this a cut and shut?  He says proudly, sure is Sis and wow I'm impressed you picked that (thats the good bit)  he then tells me how this car passed a RWC just 3 months before he bought it.

Isn't that a disgrace? This car had such obvious structural flaws that I was able to pick them and it was deemed safe to carry passengers. Not too mention it was clearly written off in a nasty accident and cut and shut without the authorities knowing.

Really is a disgrace.

Isn't the beauty of a review that the salary point can go down.... Or at least not move anywhere.

I have a flip side vent though, bosses that claim the company didn't do so well so no bonuses and then goes out and buys massively expensive toys with the healthy profit they made.....

Employees who demand salary reviews every 6 months.... I'm ready to cut loose and give some people the flick!

Isn't the beauty of a review that the salary point can go down.... Or at least not move anywhere.

I have a flip side vent though, bosses that claim the company didn't do so well so no bonuses and then goes out and buys massively expensive toys with the healthy profit they made.....

Yeah been on both ends of it! And you are right reviews can go both ways! I try to review only once a year and that is around the financial year.... I do not appreciate employees putting their hands out when you've just won new business and won't see a profit from it for at least 12 months! And believe me, I got more senior people to look after first..

Idiots in wrx's that are cruising under speed until they spot the porsche overtaking them before the lane ends and they speed up beyond the speed limit to make sure you slot in behind them.. Idiots

Change the WRX to anyone on the pacific highway today when dual lanes end... 

• 2 weeks later...

Know what I hate?

When I watch far too many video's of the magnificent Singer cars, got to sleep and have such a realistic dream that I actually own one, and wake up the next day expecting to see my Slate Grey Singer in the driveway.

Then depression sets in!

I hate that

Had to pick up some tools from work today and seeings no one is there over the break I thought I'd take the Porka (staff at work don't know I have one).

So on the way back I'm at the round-about from hell, waiting to negotiate the traffic and pick the appropriate gap. To paint the picture, left lane must turn left, centre lane may turn left or go straight and right lane...........

I'm sitting in the centre lane, clutch depresses and ready to pick the gap to turn left. In the left lane there is a Corolla, driven by a young girl, who surprisingly was not texting or using the phone. Something however made me feel a little uneasy and I paid particularly more attention than usual as we both lunged forward into the round-about. Being the expert that I am in negotiating this particular intersection, I pushed off a little quicker than her and planned on using the full width of the road to keep my left turn as late as possible, And thank God I did!!!

Corolla girl ain't turning. I see her eyes and they are fixed dead ahead, and I wonder at what point she will see me turning in front of her? At this point i'm about 10 degrees into my turn and I figure that I'm also about half a metre clear of here. If I continue the turn she will T-bone me.....no question about it.

Plant the right foot and correct what was going to be a left into a squiggly straight. Gotta love the power and nimbleness these cars can deliver.

So the Porka remained unscathed and Corolla girl got her Maccas!!

Hate this time of year, People tend to put their brain on holidays also!!!!!!!

Had to pick up some tools from work today and seeings no one is there over the break I thought I'd take the Porka (staff at work don't know I have one).

So on the way back I'm at the round-about from hell, waiting to negotiate the traffic and pick the appropriate gap. To paint the picture, left lane must turn left, centre lane may turn left or go straight and right lane...........

I'm sitting in the centre lane, clutch depresses and ready to pick the gap to turn left. In the left lane there is a Corolla, driven by a young girl, who surprisingly was not texting or using the phone. Something however made me feel a little uneasy and I paid particularly more attention than usual as we both lunged forward into the round-about. Being the expert that I am in negotiating this particular intersection, I pushed off a little quicker than her and planned on using the full width of the road to keep my left turn as late as possible, And thank God I did!!!

Corolla girl ain't turning. I see her eyes and they are fixed dead ahead, and I wonder at what point she will see me turning in front of her? At this point i'm about 10 degrees into my turn and I figure that I'm also about half a metre clear of here. If I continue the turn she will T-bone me.....no question about it.

Plant the right foot and correct what was going to be a left into a squiggly straight. Gotta love the power and nimbleness these cars can deliver.

So the Porka remained unscathed and Corolla girl got her Maccas!!

Hate this time of year, People tend to put their brain on holidays also!!!!!!!

Cars are too safe nowadays, even shitboxes have 57 airbags, ABS and ESP,You should have to earn the right to drive amongst us 

First year,No safety measures and a six inch spike in place of the airbag

Second year, you get ABS

Third year you get  ABS and ESP

Fourth year. If you have made it this far all safety equipment installed and spike removed 

Cars are too safe nowadays, even shitboxes have 57 airbags, ABS and ESP,You should have to earn the right to drive amongst us 

First year,No safety measures and a six inch spike in place of the airbag

Second year, you get ABS

Third year you get  ABS and ESP

Fourth year. If you have made it this far all safety equipment installed and spike removed

You're a hard man Porter......but I like the way you're thinking.

People walking on the cycleways (shared pathway) taking up the whole space with a lane divider just like a roadway, I'm riding my deadly treadly and ring the bell to alert them and no response, ring it again and who cares, no-one, thought these pathways were for everyone to share, please get out of the way.

Red P platers who get up my arse in traffic whilst texting who think they can drive, no you can't drive well at all girlie and you haven't earnt the right to get that close to me.

Apologies in advance to anyone who resides in QLD, or more specifically the Gold Coast, you are terrible road users. Driven close to 3500 kilometres in the last 3 weeks and on the end of the Newcastle to Brisbane run for the second time with the family these holidays. Within a minute of cross the QLD border I get cut off by crazy person in a four wheel drive weaving in and out of traffic, plus the standard I can't let you overtake me even though I am sitting 10ks under the speed limit unless there is a car beside me.

I ended up just sitting in the left hand lane at 110 undertaking everyone the in the fast lanes. This is why I drink, :)

Red P platers who get up my arse in traffic whilst texting who think they can drive, no you can't drive well at all girlie and you haven't earnt the right to get that close to me.

Yes, yes, yes.   Man I hate this.  Just the other day on the freeway this exact thing happened to me.  You're forced to drive defensively assuming responsibility for the person driving irresponsibly.  I was leaving like 5 car lengths from the car in front of me so that if traffic suddenly stopped I could slow down progressively giving the lunatic behind plenty of warning.

Of course, leaving 5 car length space in front simply exposed me to other obvious problems ..........