People who turn left from the right hand lane. Almost T boned two morons this week on separate occasions. Both were last minute decisions that they would get Hungry Jacks and McDonalds at the very last second as they were driving past. Smoke off the front tyres on both occasions.

Edited by Mike737
Just noticed this was my 901 post!!! Such a good number

You know what really really peezes me off???????

e1cbd3e3-6159-447e-92fe-f36b88476610.gif

I'm talking for the mid engined topics....

When someone comes on to the forum, normally newbies and that's great, asks a question or seeks help then is given all the assistance known to man....(woops and woman)

Then they never come back and give a result of either the assistance or what the outcome to the problem was.....

That's what really really peezes me off.

Am I expecting to much???...

maybe old skool old farts sort of expect a response to some things...

When someone comes on to the forum, normally newbies and that's great, asks a question or seeks help then is given all the assistance known to man....(woops and woman)

Then they never come back and give a result of either the assistance or what the outcome to the problem was.....

Am I expecting to much???...

add to this.....when a young work experience teen starts an email to me addressed as "Hey Dude" or "Hey Man".  I just don't get it.

Ps.....nice selfie mate.

Am I expecting too much???...

It's not only the mid engine topics Niko.  Yep…no result and no thanks :angry:

the latest with gen z is when you're expecting them
 and you get a text "hey man out the front of yours"

wtf happened to knocking on the door?

Just went to Europe where everyone has free WiFi in their restaurants & I was heartened to visit one that had a blackboard out front proudly announcing " we don't have WiFi, talk to each other". There is hope for the human race!

Meh  - that's how I feel about the 911 market.  I keep toying with removing myself from this forum altogether, reading all the posts feels like torture sometimes.  But then I remember that I have some awesome friends on here and it's not just about owning a P car.  I think I prefer the MINI over another Boxster to be honest - I have spent over $5500 on it in 18 months and only put 16k on the clock. All wear and tear stuff.  It's a reliable car (touch wood)   I can park it anywhere and not stress about it (I always worried about the 987 parked)  and its just a hoot too drive.. it sounds great with its pops and crackles, delivering a similar smile on the dial that the 987 did ( I do miss the roadster aspect).  The MINI is now a daily driver too, getting me to and from work.

The market has moved beyond me.  I missed my chance, and whilst they are just  objects, it just PISSES me off no end that I didn't have the guts to buy one when I had the chance!  The days of $32k 964 Cabs is way gone...   the days of Targas under $40k way gone.

Sigh...   am I the only one that feels like this?  Left behind :( 

It's just a car! 

The 911 has been out of the realm of possibilities for a while for me, plus I really like the 928 anyway. You could move to a 996 cab or even go for a 968 or you could jump onto the 928 bandwagon as well :)

Does not matter whatever you get as long as it puts a smile on your face - most of the time my ML does that (for now anyway....) :D

Meh  - that's how I feel about the 911 market.  I keep toying with removing myself from this forum altogether, reading all the posts feels like torture sometimes.  But then I remember that I have some awesome friends on here and it's not just about owning a P car.  I think I prefer the MINI over another Boxster to be honest - I have spent over $5500 on it in 18 months and only put 16k on the clock. All wear and tear stuff.  It's a reliable car (touch wood)   I can park it anywhere and not stress about it (I always worried about the 987 parked)  and its just a hoot too drive.. it sounds great with its pops and crackles, delivering a similar smile on the dial that the 987 did ( I do miss the roadster aspect).  The MINI is now a daily driver too, getting me to and from work.

The market has moved beyond me.  I missed my chance, and whilst they are just  objects, it just PISSES me off no end that I didn't have the guts to buy one when I had the chance!  The days of $32k 964 Cabs is way gone...   the days of Targas under $40k way gone.

It's just a car! 

Buy a new F56 JCW, seriously good bang/$ ratio.

It's just a car! 

Amanda,

Don't go, we like you & your Mini. Yes the market has gone nuts but the wheel always turns.

It's just a car! 

I'm happy your mini gives you pleasure! I think about selling mine to get a Cayman.  Then I drive it and forget the Cayman for a few more weeks...

Amanda,

Don't go, we like you & your Mini. Yes the market has gone nuts but the wheel always turns.

+ 1   This forum isn't just for P car owners.  You're  a true enthusiast.  Even if you don't have your very own Porker right now, just slap a PFA sticker on the Mini and I'm sure the SMT P-car only rules could be waived for such a valued contributor.

Cheers Guys... yes have thought about a 968 Cab on a few occasions actually.. but then isnt the boxster the better buy?  See I get all confused again :P

Tit - yeh these minis are just so much fun eh

KGB - Yes must say that has crossed my mind multiple times or even a new S  :)

Harvs - Cheers, although the rule is there for a reason and I wouldn't feel right doing that.  I have my clubMINI peeps I can go on drives with and my PFA mates that are happy to have me as a passenger if I do ask :)

Anf - the ML350 is no slouch and a nice ride :) 

Vent/Smile

Rang a blaster to strip my engine tinware last week. 'How much mate? Whats it for? 'A 912 Porsche'. $300 bare, $330 black etch primed mate.

Rang same bloke 2 days later. 'Theyre for a VW Beetle, how much mate?

$120, and I'll prime them up so they don't rust. 

Just got them back. Saved $210 and a great job. No P tax!

The Boxster may be a better buy because they are cheaper (986 non S) but I am not so sure that it is a better car? The 968 is heralded for it's handling ability and may well show a non S Boxster which way to go?

The 968s certainly are holding their value quite well and it also has the bonus of 2 + 2 seating (the 2 + 2 seating would be the clincher for me).  A CS would be very nice thankyou :)

Letters from school saying they have increased fees yet again but it is ok because we still are comparable to other schools. It's like saying enjoy the pineapple but it's ok as we aren't inserting it sideways. (Apologies for the visual reference)

I'm referring to a Cabriolet 968, not a Coupe.  Also, its highly subjective as to which is the better car.  From a mod cons and maintenance standpoint - the Boxster (987 I'm talking about to be clear) is the better car for ME :)  its newer.

I should stick to waiting for what I really want which is the Targa.  I have to do it at some point in my life, if it turns out the car isn't for me - at least I've tried it out and will learn :D

There has been 1 968 Cab on the market for more than a year.. it was at $32k  didnt sell, so he moved it to the $35k mark, didnt sell and of course the next best thing to do is move it to the $40k price range.. which happened this week. So if its the better car, the  market doesnt think so cos its still for sale :)  just sayin!