Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 hours ago, mrar said:

When I see the wrong speedo face to start with for a 79, makes me think what happened there...maybe just dedication to make it look like a later model back in the day or something like that.

I remember that for sale for 210k at start of 2020. Great colour.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-porsche-911-turbo-964-manual/OAG-AD-21805849/?Cr=2

What do the brains trust think is a reasonable price for this one? I owned it for five years or so from 2010 to 2015, was a great car back then. Sold her to a MEL based Singaporean property developer who was on a buying spree at the time. I believe has been sold at least once since his ownership.

Not collector grade however - non standard exhaust, brakes, stereo, and has a stubby antenna at rear of the roof. Unsure whether these wheels actually match the model year. When I owned it had Eta Beta "turbo twists" which looked great but have since obviously been replaced.

On 18/04/2023 at 21:06, hugh said:

Yes, with the GT4 series it makes sense, don’t really see an incentive otherwise as if not, you’ll be in a field of GT3 cup cars that are generally more competitive. 

Well driven, they'd hose a few GT3's.

3 hours ago, Burgerman said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-porsche-911-turbo-964-manual/OAG-AD-21805849/?Cr=2

What do the brains trust think is a reasonable price for this one? I owned it for five years or so from 2010 to 2015, was a great car back then. Sold her to a MEL based Singaporean property developer who was on a buying spree at the time. I believe has been sold at least once since his ownership.

Not collector grade however - non standard exhaust, brakes, stereo, and has a stubby antenna at rear of the roof. Unsure whether these wheels actually match the model year. When I owned it had Eta Beta "turbo twists" which looked great but have since obviously been replaced.

I think you've got to ask yourself what you'd pay for it, you know the car and what it's like to drive and hopefully it's condition and build quality,  balance that against the current price hype of aircooled stuff and go from there. I'm an aircooled guy but would now consider a 997 manual Turbo over that. I would have put RHD 3.3 ltr 964 Turbos at $350-400K max and still wouldn't go there.
The blue 930 that's just popped up for $505k is puzzling when there are others as good sitting there, not going anywhere, for around the $360k mark, yes it comes with nice matching luggage but that should be offset buy the fact that it states it was a bit of a hairdressers car (not that there's anything wrong with that though).
No, the value is what you would pay for it, I would dearly love to scratch my 3.3ltr Turbo itch (930 or 964) but the money required to do so doesn't add up to the experience of driving one any more, for me anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bugs77 said:

The blue 930 that's just popped up for $505k is puzzling when there are others as good sitting there, not going anywhere, for around the $360k mark

This seems repeated for any type of car you care to search for - prices all over the place yet none of it is moving. Many are just on fishing expeditions I think…

"With a genuine RSR being upwards of $2m..."

Does my head in when they say that sorta thing, when it's just a big dollar backdate that identifies as an RSR.  🙄 No doubt a nice car, but that's some serious coin if you ask me

And that 912 that's a lefty and needs a paint job for $157k...Wwwwhat?? 

48 minutes ago, crsedge said:

Advert says 18"s- reckon it would look better with 17" rims

WOW bigger still (no surprise I'm not a read the manual type guy :Chuckle2:) - then that definitely explains the stance 'look'

5 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

WOW bigger still (no surprise I'm not a read the manual type guy :Chuckle2:) - then that definitely explains the stance 'look'

I still wouldn't kick it out of my garage / bed (apart from having P Zeros.....)

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

"With a genuine RSR being upwards of $2m..."

Does my head in when they say that sorta thing, when it's just a big dollar backdate that identifies as an RSR.  🙄 No doubt a nice car, but that's some serious coin if you ask me

And that 912 that's a lefty and needs a paint job for $157k...Wwwwhat?? 

Makes mine worth $!00K woo hoo

37 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I still wouldn't kick it out of my garage / bed (apart from having P Zeros.....)

Any tyres you do like ? 😆

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Radial T/As??????  Wouldn't have thought any self-respecting Porsche would ever wear those........

Just a last note from me on the 964 Turbo price question, a quick check over the ditch has a very very nice RHD 3.3 964 Turbo with only 40k on the clock for sale at NZ$370k
Why do they want AUD$600+ here?