Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Anyone in Melbourne know this car? https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/prahran/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911/1151590028

Spoke to owner last night - didn't get much beyond "it's really good" - and I was at a State of Origin function...  More to follow up today.  Something feels NQR, but worth checking out if body & engine are good and WOVR-free.

Tried doing a REVS check last night, but system was down??

Keen to hear if someone has time to check it out.

yellow911.jpg

REVS check came thru this morning - all clear WOVR, not stolen, not encumbered. Good so far...

Engine number is 639xxxx which Google tells me is for a 1979, whereas this car's a '78?  Does this suggest engine swap?

Edited by flamingporsche
added picture, added PPSR search info.

Engine number is 639xxxx which Google tells me is for a 1979, whereas this car's a '78?  Does this suggest engine swap?

What is the chassis number, that will help to determine model year.

He says "Factory Wide Body", but I didn't think that was an option until ~1984?

Yep, I give that about zero chance of being factory wide body.  A Pelican search of factory wide body is always entertaining - every seller/new owner insists their car is but cant quite prove it...

Doesn't mean its not a good car - Targa's are fun - but don't attach a premium to the factory WB aspect.  And ditch those wheels pronto.

Edited by OBRUT

Anyone in Melbourne know this car? https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/prahran/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911/1151590028

Spoke to owner last night - didn't get much beyond "it's really good" - and I was at a State of Origin function...  More to follow up today.  Something feels NQR, but worth checking out if body & engine are good and WOVR-free.

Tried doing a REVS check last night, but system was down??

Keen to hear if someone has time to check it out.

yellow911.jpg

REVS check came thru this morning - all clear WOVR, not stolen, not encumbered. Good so far...

Whats the full engine number? Look similar to something floating around a little while back.

s-l500.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Go to a Porsche dealer and ask nicely if they can print you the original delivery paperwork from when it was sold - they'll still have the car on file, I guess you just have to find the right person to ask. They did it for me when I bought my car - lists everything from date of delivery to engine number to chassis number etc.

Go to a Porsche dealer and ask nicely if they can print you the original delivery paperwork from when it was sold - they'll still have the car on file, I guess you just have to find the right person to ask. They did it for me when I bought my car - lists everything from date of delivery to engine number to chassis number etc.

Thanks Russ - will try that

s-l500.jpg

What type of car is this you ask?    Would I be out of line in thinking the owner / restorer was a Muppets show fan.  In terms of nostalgia, it would be more at home on the TV set of the Muppets  i.e Giant sized mockup of a car cockpit for Ernie, Elmo and the gang to take it around the block and do a skit in.

Thanks Russ - will try that

otherwise i know of a targa you might be interested in, but i'm pretty sure it's off to a new home next week

What type of car is this you ask?    Would I be out of line in thinking the owner / restorer was a Muppets show fan.  In terms of nostalgia, it would be more at home on the TV set of the Muppets  i.e Giant sized mockup of a car cockpit for Ernie, Elmo and the gang to take it around the block and do a skit in.

if it was cheaper we should do what PF did to this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2VhZ0FLL0 (even narrated and starring a couple of PFA members)

getting back on track, this has been for sale for ages, a real GT3 kit has to be worth something? https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/OAG-AD-14502663/?Cr=2

cf66167c5232b9cd3615db39df980176.jpg?asp

Rear reflector looks to have been replaced with a US one maybe...

That rear reflector is from an '87 - '89 impact bumper.

When they changed the gearbox to a G50, they must have thought " how will everyone know it's got a G50? Let's put on a different rear reflector" ..... :wacko:

getting back on track, this has been for sale for ages, a real GT3 kit has to be worth something? https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/OAG-AD-14502663/?Cr=2

cf66167c5232b9cd3615db39df980176.jpg?asp

It does look nice but I feel you would be forever explaining to people that it is not a GT3..... :blink:

maybe if it lost the rear wing? I do like the interior though!

It does look nice but I feel you would be forever explaining to people that it is not a GT3..... :blink:

Yup that does happen a bit although the question I get asked the more about my C2 with an aerokit is: "is it turbo" haha. 

Lose nothing , just get a GT3 motor .. the chassis might flex a little but in straight line off the lights you will be fine and its will sound an look proper.

Lateral thinking just maybe not test the lateral G forces of the handling .  GT3 motors straight swap.. no compliance or registration issues ;)

I know where there is GT3 996.1 Gearbox if needed 

Lose nothing , just get a GT3 motor .. the chassis might flex a little but in straight line off the lights you will be fine and its will sound an look proper.

Lateral thinking just maybe not test the lateral G forces of the handling .  GT3 motors straight swap.. no compliance or registration issues ;)

I know where there is GT3 996.1 Gearbox if needed 

GT3 motor defiantly not straight swap... but I'm interested in the GT3 box