Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm a fan and about to embark on my own build with all the repro 914/6 parts arriving in a container end of the month (less P motor at this stage). 

A lot of money for this one though but appears well set up

Here's a nice yarn about a local guy doing exactly that - holiday in Europe and return with a Carrera 3.0.

http://911carrera3.com/article-from-wheels-magazine/

I doubt tourist delivery would have much of an effect on rust.  No more than one drive along the great ocean road on a rainy day.  I also don't think that back in the day you had to wait 12 months.  I think it was 3 months which was reasonable for tourist delivery.

shame about the wing on that c3 though.  The original is hard to replace. 

Ok that article says 15 months but that was to avoid duties (98%!)

so technically I think you could bring it in sooner but you'd have to pay duties.

Now you have to pay duties no matter how long you've had it but you're not allowed to bring it in without 12 months ownership.

I doubt tourist delivery would have much of an effect on rust.  No more than one drive along the great ocean road on a rainy day.  I also don't think that back in the day you had to wait 12 months.  I think it was 3 months which was reasonable for tourist delivery.

shame about the wing on that c3 though.  The original is hard to replace. 

I am curious, what is wrong about the wing?

I'm not so sure it's the wrong wing....there are few different wings that came with the C3.0's & I seem to recall the solid black number being one of them.  There has been a fair amount of discussion on a UK impact bumper forum around wings and there are definitely a range out there that seem to have arrived with the cars.  I know there are non genuine numbers (mine has an sc wing on it) but that grill pattern on the red one looks correct to me....lets see what others think.  

First in Best Dressed.. really …. https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1971/SSE-AD-4891756/?Cr=2

That looks like a long journey back home to originality and shit load of cash to get you back to realistically what .. a 100k car?

How much to get there ...

what a shame... the original red car looks great!!! Agree, a lot of pesos to get it back. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1994/OAG-AD-14997794

I know it's a cab, but this seems to be very good value for money (note I also know it's not a 964 Speedster)

edit: just realised it's not manual either

Looks like the original purchaser got lost on the way to the Jaguar dealership...

0481507afe77ad07d3e6d117f62ae21c.jpg?pxc

I'm not so sure it's the wrong wing....there are few different wings that came with the C3.0's & I seem to recall the solid black number being one of them.  There has been a fair amount of discussion on a UK impact bumper forum around wings and there are definitely a range out there that seem to have arrived with the cars.  I know there are non genuine numbers (mine has an sc wing on it) but that grill pattern on the red one looks correct to me....lets see what others think.  

I'm not ssure there's such a thing as a correct c3.0 wing. There's plenty of examples of incorrect wings.  A sales brochure or options list from the period might answer the question, but they would differ from the UK to Aust.  There are quite a few release reviews on line and most of the cars in these reviews dont have tails.  

Looks like the original purchaser got lost on the way to the Jaguar dealership...

0481507afe77ad07d3e6d117f62ae21c.jpg?pxc

Might be the reason it was subject to a "malicious interior fire"?

It probably wouldn't be too difficult nor expensive to remove the wood panelling if you're also happy to live with the repairable write off smirch.

Might be the reason it was subject to a "malicious interior fire"?

It probably wouldn't be too difficult nor expensive to remove the wood panelling if you're also happy to live with the repairable write off smirch.

i think it's pretty good dollars considering it was written off due to interior damage 10 years ago. A 993 for $65k is cheap these days 

realistically it's too far gone.  Finding the Targa glass, stainless bar, original interior, period correct engine etc etc.  someone should just buy the car as is and enjoy.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/newcastle/cars-vans-utes/1972-porsche-911-targa/1156115083

in what can best be described as restoration fatigue i have decided to move my targa project on.

not included in the sale but also available is a complete rebuilt (Mark Jung, Supertec) 2.4 S spec (originally T/E) MFI system- pump, TB's and stacks

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/newcastle/cars-vans-utes/1972-porsche-911-targa/1156115083

in what can best be described as restoration fatigue i have decided to move my targa project on.

not included in the sale but also available is a complete rebuilt (Mark Jung, Supertec) 2.4 S spec (originally T/E) MFI system- pump, TB's and stacks

Hi Craig, you may want to update your membership. :)