Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Still has a sad face :(

Yes I noticed the face too.  To me this is the first thing I look for. now  If sad, then I think owner not as fanatical as I would like so I skip to the next one.  Your mates car up the street still seems to be the better buy just cannot see the face though to see if its happy or sad

Yes I noticed the face too.  To me this is the first thing I look for. now  If sad, then I think owner not as fanatical as I would like so I skip to the next one.  Your mates car up the street still seems to be the better buy just cannot see the face though to see if its happy or sad

Yes the red 964 C2 has a sad face, I fixed it once for him, he still owes me a slab too, guess he's not my mate. As I said before, it just needs some TLC and a good detail. Has to be the high mileage that turning buyers off but I think that's compensated by the price. Who knows, all the 964s have now been sitting for ages. 

Can someone please hurry up and buy this...it's a friggin' manual C2 coupe for 29k for chris' sake. Can't remember it being 25k as alluded above, but blimey if you could get it for that you've got 10-20k play money.

Beggin to be Jethrodded (apologies, recently posted by Lee but worthy of another showing to motivate hesitators):

Hey this was 25K yesterday!!! This caryard is keeping the Flipping within the family.

Yep it was 25K for LESS than 24hrs.

I wondered how much it cost to transport it from WA to Melbourne ???

Was a bit suspicious & when I saw the price hike, I thought "Bait & Switch" .   So not a lot of trust left for this car & sellers.

Anyway, its less than 30K - SO HOW LOW CAN THEY GO?

Will take your word for it, but I posted the link to it in the 996 C2 values thread when the ad went up on Wednesday, it was definitely 29,999 then, as it is now.

Not to be confused with the black cab that's 25k.

Hey this was 25K yesterday!!! This caryard is keeping the Flipping within the family.

Yep it was 25K for LESS than 24hrs.

I wondered how much it cost to transport it from WA to Melbourne ???

Was a bit suspicious & when I saw the price hike, I thought "Bait & Switch" .   So not a lot of trust left for this car & sellers.

Anyway, its less than 30K - SO HOW LOW CAN THEY GO?

Look how bent up that front number plate is.  It's had a decent hit in the front.

Look how bent up that front number plate is.  It's had a decent hit in the front.

Looks like an errant tow bar parking hit to me, doesn't take much to fold a number plate, particularly as it looks like the plate is mounted proud of the bumper. The bumper's probably unscathed underneath.

No affiliation to the seller... just wanting it to go to an enthusiast.

Talking of cheap 996's what are the thoughts on this 996 turbo for $89k anyone seen it? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-4823028/?Cr=5

Over 200,000 k's so do you think its shagged? looks rough & one new headlight would suggest a hit in the front

That cheap red 911 had an engine rebuild and bored out to 3.6 Litres for $35K according to dealer. Tempting proposition this one!

Have you got a link to it?

Talking of cheap 996's what are the thoughts on this 996 turbo for $89k anyone seen it? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-4823028/?Cr=5

Over 200,000 k's so do you think its shagged? looks rough & one new headlight would suggest a hit in the front

Here you go: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1159514538?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

That cheap red 911 had an engine rebuild and bored out to 3.6 Litres for $35K according to dealer. Tempting proposition this one!

Hmmm sounds like it had piston scoring &/or DChunk (needing a resleeve), not just everyday common IMS failure! So it is important to know who actually rebuilt it. A place with a good reputation or a "european mechanic" ??

Nice colour though so should sell quickly. 

might just be shadows but the driver's side tail light looks more faded than the passenger. So could be the case of it always being parked outside in a particular way so one side is in the sun and one not. Seems unlikely though as you'd expect some fade in the other headlight

Edited by D2000

i googled the dealer and saw a few bad reviews. they don't appear to have a web site. most of their stock seems to be in the $2-$3k region. 

i will give them credit for the intro to this video though :D

https://www.facebook.com/108860199149156/videos/968570393178128/