Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Good buying   https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-4780025/?Cr=1  189k for 997.1 GT3 …and you havent negotiated yet 

Is my thinking correct in that the 997.1 GT3 was the last of the Metzger engine? Seems to me that we are beginning to see the odd 7 GT3 drop below the $200k mark. Wonder how long this one will take to sell?

997.2 also had Mezger.  The cheapest I've seen recently was the White 997.1 GT3 CS (Porsche approved used car) which sold as soon as it listed as $179k.  Seemed very cheap at the time with next cheapest being the White CS RSR car at $195k which also sold soon after.

I suspect the yellow is not as popular as white and non CS is less sought after.  But you'd have to think it's on the money to sell now.

Edited by DJM

Given it's from the US I'd say it's about 20k overpriced as you can import a better one for a lot less

This ones on its way to Australia and with shipping etc will come in around 60k AUD I reckon

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/966439-1969-porsche-912-coupe.html#post9735168

Minty 912's can definitely be picked up for $40kUS - $60kUS (I might have a couple :ph34r:). You can expect a pretty decent car with a recent engine rebuild. Approximately another $10k-$15 costs on top to get it here 

Does make this one look a little pricey...

#onebetterthan911

Vaucluse James .. hence the price..  Dodgy colour hey .. the garage space its parked in, is probably only worth 3 mil , better be carefull if you want it , Tom might tell you its over priced and snap it up , hes got the 912 addiction and the realestate passion and he might build a high-rise on that garage site 

Minty 912's can definitely be picked up for $40kUS - $60kUS (I might have a couple :ph34r:). You can expect a pretty decent car with a recent engine rebuild. Approximately another $10k-$15 costs on top to get it here 

Does make this one look a little pricey...

#onebetterthan911

Tom you going weak on us .. 4 cylinders , you struggling with the power of that 930, its 300+ BHP or nothing my man 

Given it's from the US I'd say it's about 20k overpriced as you can import a better one for a lot less

This ones on its way to Australia and with shipping etc will come in around 60k AUD I reckon

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/966439-1969-porsche-912-coupe.html#post9735168

I don't mean to get into any kind of good, bad or ugly conversation but I'm sure some will place a premium on originality ...

The one in the link has been repainted the wrong colour and is non-matching numbers.

I know nothing about 912's and their pricing, but in the 911 world, those 2 x points would devalue it considerably .....

I don't mean to get into any kind of good, bad or ugly conversation but I'm sure some will place a premium on originality ...

The one in the link has been repainted the wrong colour and is non-matching numbers.

I know nothing about 912's and their pricing, but in the 911 world, those 2 x points would devalue it considerably .....

Ugly conversation … what you doing picking on that colour .. that im pretty sure is Four Cylinder Ford White or a BMC Old English White as on MGB's  . ;)

Ugly conversation … what you doing picking on that colour .. that im pretty sure is Four Cylinder Ford White or a BMC Old English White as on MGB's  . ;)

Hey ..... I have no problem with that colour.

My "modified" 911 should be close to that colour ... I guess the green eyed monster is rearing it's ugly head over the fact that the car is closer to what my car should be than my car is ... :lol:

That might have been a bad example but I still think 89k is just plain rude ^_^

Hmmmm -  the  "Must be sold within 7 days" comment seems a bit ominous! Bit of desperation? That price and the deadline dont match.

My first impression on this 912 is that it started as a Euro car before USA. The luggage rack looks particularly teutonic (picnics in Bavarian foothills).

Vaucluse James .. hence the price..  Dodgy colour hey .. the garage space its parked in, is probably only worth 3 mil , better be carefull if you want it , Tom might tell you its over priced and snap it up , hes got the 912 addiction and the realestate passion and he might build a high-rise on that garage site 

Tom you going weak on us .. 4 cylinders , you struggling with the power of that 930, its 300+ BHP or nothing my man 

sent to me this morning from a closet 912 fan called bRyan ?

http://jalopnik.com/why-the-porsche-912-has-its-own-cult-following-1807563500

Something new forsale

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-4980900

Not a car for me it's missing 2 cylinders 

Now I finally understand why you "palmed off" the other "so called Porsche" to me ....

Meh! .... I'm good with that .. :Beer:

Its defiantly a Porsche & it has a turbo that = respectable :o

I know your enjoying it so id call that a good purchase.. you just need to return the favour & sell me that junior thing :):)

Its defiantly a Porsche & it has a turbo that = respectable :o

I know your enjoying it so id call that a good purchase.. you just need to return the favour & sell me that junior thing :):)

Enjoying it, I am!!!

As for returning the favour .... I'd be happy to sell you "that Junior thing" ... the only problem is that you'd be unhappy that it's worth more than that real "turbo thing" that you sold me ....