Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Heads up Pcar fans, off market sale has just come up, a mate of mine is going to sell his 996 Turbo.

2004 996 Turbo, Porsche melb history, black on black, original Mickey Mouse condition, 6sp manual, awd, 28000km, message me if anyone is seriously  interested, don’t ask me about price please, message me and I’ll pass you his mob in Melbourne and you guys work it out.  Real nice car. Happy to email picks. 

13 hours ago, symsy said:

Better be quick.  You've been warned - buy now at the fire sale price or if no one wants it, he'll put the price UP $20k+ to reflect market value.   Yeah, that will work.....?

16 minutes ago, DJM said:

Better be quick.  You've been warned - buy now at the fire sale price or if no one wants it, he'll put the price UP $20k+ to reflect market value.   Yeah, that will work.....?

Whilst colour combinations are really a personal choice and Porsche allow you to come up with some “special” combinations I can’t help feel that you can really do a good job of devaluing your car aggressively from the beginning. 

If it was a white on black combo would this generous discount be on the table :)

4 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

Whilst colour combinations are really a personal choice and Porsche allow you to come up with some “special” combinations I can’t help feel that you can really do a good job of devaluing your car aggressively from the beginning. 

If it was a white on black combo would this generous discount be on the table :)

24 minutes ago, DJM said:

For god sake if your gonna shit stir chaps this early in the morning  atleast ring before 9 am and offer the man 110k cash. I dont have any traffic issues .. or I might.  PS White is a dream colour..

The other white turbo at 160k has been pulled from the market , that dealers fed up with the lowball calls this dude has caused

5 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

As you said, personal choice.....

Just find someone with a Seal Grey 997 or 987 with a black interior and arrange a swap.  I reckon our Seal Grey 987 with the Terra Cotta interior is a superb combination:D

12 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

I love seeing something other than boring black for an interior choice, well done to the original owner! If I was in the market this colour would entice me....... in a world of black and greys this is refreshing..... :)

5 minutes ago, ANF said:

I love seeing something other than boring black for an interior choice, well done to the original owner! If I was in the market this colour would entice me....... in a world of black and greys this is refreshing..... :)

Wonder how hard and how much it would cost to get this back to stock without the mods? 

6 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Wonder how hard and how much it would cost to get this back to stock without the mods? 

Everything appears to be "bolt on" items, so assuming the original parts are still with the car, would be very simple. The only visible mods should be fairly easy to "restore" save some $$ for wheels, if that's what you like (if parts not with the car). Could you not tune the module to a more "mundane" setting if wished?

18 minutes ago, turboT said:

Can you imagine how good this thread would be if we lived in the US (ignoring Trump and Guns naturally)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911t-13/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-01-09

we would actually be buying and trading cars instead of talking shit and taking the piss out of @symsy

32 minutes ago, turboT said:

Can you imagine how good this thread would be if we lived in the US (ignoring Trump and Guns naturally)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911t-13/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-01-09

you might need the guns to fight off other ownership contenders.....

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

As you said, personal choice.....

Just find someone with a Seal Grey 997 or 987 with a black interior and arrange a swap.  I reckon our Seal Grey 987 with the Terra Cotta interior is a superb combination:D

I have most of the interior parts to make it black if anyone is interested.

Seats, carpet, door trims, lower dash parts, glove box, console ect......

22 minutes ago, ANF said:

Been on the market for a few weeks now. Surely if you had the coin (and brains) to afford this you would import your own and save about 1 mil........

Given what has otherwise been written about them, not sure if you'd be buying from that particular dealer either .........

Hi Guys

That red 928 was recently sold here in Adelaide (sorry I haven't figured out yet how to quote previous response. Be gentle I'm nudging 60 and I still don't know how this infernal contraption works:Chuckle2:). Here is a link. http://collectableclassiccars.com.au/sold-cars/just-arrived-1982-porsche-928

Looks like a quick flip.

Alex

18 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Hi Guys

That red 928 was recently sold here in Adelaide (sorry I haven't figured out yet how to quote previous response. Be gentle I'm nudging 60 and I still don't know how this infernal contraption works:Chuckle2:). Here is a link. http://collectableclassiccars.com.au/sold-cars/just-arrived-1982-porsche-928

Looks like a quick flip.

Alex

Hey Alex,

Yep that's the one. Wonder when it sold.... may be not a flip I have heard a genuine reason for sale.....

BTW you just press the little "QUOTE" button at the bottom of the post.... :lol: