Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Good luck with it! Also what's up with the revs?

If your looking for info on evaluating DME readout try this link

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/8801553-post60.html

I still don't understand how Porsche can't stop people over-revving their engines! in ye olden days it was a simple rotor button that would short out over certain revs, i'm sure they can use the crank angle sensor or something to work out what revs you're doing, and cut spark over a certain amount?

I still don't understand how Porsche can't stop people over-revving their engines! in ye olden days it was a simple rotor button that would short out over certain revs, i'm sure they can use the crank angle sensor or something to work out what revs you're doing, and cut spark over a certain amount?

even when the spark has been cut, the inertia of a fast spinning motor can carry through the rev limit momentarily on the way up through the gears, but if you select 2nd instead of 4th for example you end up with a mechanical overrev that doesn`t need spark or fuel to root your motor

you end up with a mechanical overrev that doesn`t need spark or fuel to root your motor

Which reminds me of a Ford Ranger crewcab sticker I saw on my way home yesterday. "If you want more grunt,  root a pig"

Or buy a porker  :)

Like whenever you see a young girl in a messed up state, you think 'someone brought her home from the hospital one day, proud as can be', so I look at that yellow abomination and think 'at some point, someone took delivery of that from a Porsche dealership and was proud as punch'.   From a pristine new porsche to a frankencar - I just hope the PO has passed on peacefully and could never come across what has happened to their former pride and joy.

Who does these things?  Where do they get their automotive tastes from?

even when the spark has been cut, the inertia of a fast spinning motor can carry through the rev limit momentarily on the way up through the gears, but if you select 2nd instead of 4th for example you end up with a mechanical overrev that doesn`t need spark or fuel to root your motor

Yep, the over rev on down shift will truly have the potential to "root" the motor.

Also known as "THE MONEY SHIFT"!!!

Who does these things?  Where do they get their automotive tastes from?

My three-year-old daughter would say: from their bott's daddy, from their bott's. But, currently that's her answer to everything, so I'm not sure whether it can be taken as the truth … 

I talked with the owner a while back, seemed to only be available for inspection at very limited times.  I liked the look of it,  but those clearly aren't 20" wheels,   it's not been registered since halfway through 2012, yet the guy said he drives it occasionally and the colour is listed as 'midnight royal blue',  there's a royal blue,  which is quite dark, but not 'midnight royal blue', The owner also didn't seem to know many of the details, I asked about the wide guards and he didn't know if they where steel or glass, between those little things I decided it wasn't worth taking the trip over the mountains to have a closer look, that said,  be nice to know if someone picks it up

it's only my opinion, but I'm pretty sure that Steve's car was almost the twin of that one, but with rose jointed suspension and coil overs etc, and didn't sell for anywhere near that price

but good luck to him if he gets it and manages to get some money back that was spent on it

I talked with the owner a while back, seemed to only be available for inspection at very limited times.  I liked the look of it,  but those clearly aren't 20" wheels,   it's not been registered since halfway through 2012, yet the guy said he drives it occasionally and the colour is listed as 'midnight royal blue',  there's a royal blue,  which is quite dark, but not 'midnight royal blue', The owner also didn't seem to know many of the details, I asked about the wide guards and he didn't know if they where steel or glass, between those little things I decided it wasn't worth taking the trip over the mountains to have a closer look, that said,  be nice to know if someone picks it up

Thanks. I've since established that it is an American spec car which has been converted. Unfortunately not what I am looking for as she does look neat!

this cars been kicking around the club sites for couple of years now - Im assuming peoples are reluctant to throw the money at what is a 912 with a 6 in it  - or is it a canny SWB buy in... been competitive in its class, tasty colour - fast road mods - good body good engine good buy?

or is there more to the story?