Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

When I purchased the Box back in 2008 I stupidly made the comment, "I won't ever want another car once I get this one" 

I am reminded of that comment every time my eyes stray.... :(

Who here hasn't dropped that one and lived to regret it?

push on young man, just wear them down.  that's always worked for me.  :ph34r:

You know the saying "Happy wife,  happy life?"

Well my version is "happy husband , happy wife, happy life"

My wife is happy supporting what makes me happy..and vice versa

Just don't take food away from the kids' table  ;)

This one has been on the market for a while.  

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1998-Porsche-911-Carrera-Ocean-Jade-Metallic-5sp-A-Cabriolet-/351114726844?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item51c0118dbc&_uhb=1

When I first started looking for a P about 18 months ago this is one of the first I spotted. I love the colour.  Anyway it was $42,000 and slowly dropped to $38,000 over about 3 months.  I still couldn't bring myself to even look at it due to the k's.  Anyway it disappeared about 6 months ago and has turned up again today on evil bay with a body kit, a few more k's and over 10 K added to the price.  Still love the colour though.

Cheers Steve

That's the car with the new engine in it right? So they've tarted it up thinking that might help it sell at $10K more = NUTS!

When I purchased the Box back in 2008 I stupidly made the comment, "I won't ever want another car once I get this one" 

I am reminded of that comment every time my eyes stray.... :(

Who here hasn't dropped that one and lived to regret it?

Yep, you just continue to drop hints.. like all the time. Until it comes out like it was her idea.

A week ago we were out driving around and we saw an IB 911 and I made some oohs and ahhs like I do with every P car I see. I suddenly heard this "is that like the burgundy one we drove" me - yes yes it is "do you wish you bought that one?" me - yes I do sometimes because I'd still have it as I'd have not lost $$$ on SLK then I hear "maybe you should get a classic one next and do some courses to learn how to do basic maintenance on it"

And bingo! There we have it - future permission to buy a brightly colored Targa with tartan cloth seat inserts :D

edgy,

The one in your link has "issues" I think. This one might be a better prospect:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/AGC-AD-16040971/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

That is quite nice! 

Like a lot of older cars, you could daily drive it but would you? Maybe I've got soft due to running late model daily cars but I don't reckon I could have lived with my 964 24/7. Would be a pain in regular traffic, heavy clutch/gearbox at low speed, a/c was crap, sound system crap. A 997 might be doable and no doubt for many a 964 would be fine, just too much of a compromise for me. Weekend car to use as intended. Great cars though!

With regards to living with old cars, I'm stupid for them and I think as long as you have that one new car in the household its bearable ... I have a 87 W124 Estate that I just love... but she loathes it and cant wait to get rid of it! It's gone once the renovations slow down... that's what she thinks  :lol:

For the foreseeable future, we'll always have one relatively new car in the household for those trips where its needed, my daily commute is 4.5 km's each way to the office so no traffic battles to be had for me, also the fact our office is in a semi industrial area means cars get filthy there's fallout in the air, another reason I won't drive the 996 here, the other place I park is at the airport.

It will depend what car we end up with next for my partner, we've been looking to get an SUV for her so we'll just see how that goes... I'm no different to any other tragic on this site... one will never suffice :ph34r:  

I have a 87 W124 Estate that I just love... but she loathes it and cant wait to get rid of it! It's gone once the renovations slow down... that's what she thinks  :lol:

Ha ha my daily is a W124 300TE. My wife's is a W124 230E. Both S2 blue 1990 models. We love them.  

0 -100 in 48 seconds....... nice :)

A friend of the family once bought a mint W... before the 124 300TD.  This was in the 90s I think.  It was bright orange so it was nicknamed the jaffa.  This thing was slow.  Unimaginably slow.  But there was no missing it with the bright orange paint.  I always thought the reason it was so mint was that whoever bought it couldn't stand driving it but couldn't admit their mistake.  He sold it pretty soon as well - too slow.

My mum rolls in a 180E.  She loves it - you couldn't get her out with a crowbar.  I can barely fit behind the wheel.  I do love the mini-s-class feel of them, it's a 2/3rd scale model of a proper merc, rather than the cheap-with-a-badge build of new small mercs.  It is also v-e-r-y slow.  But the 180/190E has the greatest turning circle of anything short of a London cab.  There is no suburban street so narrow you can't execute a U-turn perfectly.

Yep, you just continue to drop hints.. like all the time. Until it comes out like it was her idea.

A week ago we were out driving around and we saw an IB 911 and I made some oohs and ahhs like I do with every P car I see. I suddenly heard this "is that like the burgundy one we drove" me - yes yes it is "do you wish you bought that one?" me - yes I do sometimes because I'd still have it as I'd have not lost $$$ on SLK then I hear "maybe you should get a classic one next and do some courses to learn how to do basic maintenance on it"

And bingo! There we have it - future permission to buy a brightly colored Targa with tartan cloth seat inserts :D

Amanda, at the risk of offending you, sometimes you are such a bloke!