Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Well, there's one for sale in the UK with 78,725 miles (126,695km) for £165k.  That's about A$307k. 

Someone smart on this forum must be able to come up with a good estimate of customs, GST, luxury tax, agent fees, etc.  Would it reach $400k? 

On 21/07/2021 at 14:16, crsedge said:

You need a 914 in your life Marty, come and join me :) 

Would love one, but already enough projects and next car needs to be a Datsun 1600 coupe. Keep saving for it and get distracted with other cars and tempted by cars like 9fans 968! 

23 hours ago, npvpositive said:

Well, there's one for sale in the UK with 78,725 miles (126,695km) for £165k.  That's about A$307k. 

Someone smart on this forum must be able to come up with a good estimate of customs, GST, luxury tax, agent fees, etc.  Would it reach $400k? 

got a link?

4 minutes ago, rminc said:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1989-porsche-911-carrera-32-club-sport

Just over $200k car price in the UK. Very ambitious.

I think that's the exact one. 

He's getting warmer. Another $100k drop and he might get a few bites I think. 

no i mean a link to the one that is currently for sale in the uk

6 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Looks like this didn’t meet the reserve 

B7ED55FF-995F-440F-98B4-EE5C3AD07F83.jpeg

Do you know if the roughy blue SC missed reserve as well?  Not appearing in sold. It’s a shame they delete everything when no sale - BAT leaves all the comments and bidding up as a good data point. 

13 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Do you know if the roughy blue SC missed reserve as well?  Not appearing in sold. It’s a shame they delete everything when no sale - BAT leaves all the comments and bidding up as a good data point. 

No it didn’t, I’ve watched 3 auctions for P Cars this week and none of them sold

13 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

So 165k gbp equates to roughly 307000 AUD and using this calculator, assuming you paid ZERO for shipping, your cost landed would be

307,000 + 111752 = 418,752. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 8.30.07 pm.png

Of course, that's IF it sells for 165k GBP. 

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

So 165k gbp equates to roughly 307000 AUD and using this calculator, assuming you paid ZERO for shipping, your cost landed would be

307,000 + 111752 = 418,752. 

Of course, that's IF it sells for 165k GBP. 

The best low mileage 3.2 Club Sports have been changing hands in the UK for £150k+ for about three years now.  That amazing 6,000 mile one that sold as part of the Leonard Collection went for £220k.

So, given the market boom, that UK seller may well get the £165k he is asking (subject to condition, accident history, etc.).  Much as I hate to say this, the car up in Brisbane may be fairly priced at $395,000.  After all, the vendor could presumably just ship it back to the UK for ~$10k and sell it there.

12 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Looks like this didn’t meet the reserve 

B7ED55FF-995F-440F-98B4-EE5C3AD07F83.jpeg

Car was on carsales maybe 12 months ago. 

Owner may have overpaid for an import. 

At $135,000. I think that's a good price at the moment. 

Looks very clean in the photos though and no mention of rust. 

Anyone have the direct link to it on collecting cars? Wouldn't mind a closer look. 

Screenshot_20210724-081418_Carsales.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I love a silver 911 :)

Makes it a bit hard to justify the Clubsport at $135k. You could basically buy 3 of these. 

Then the other question is how much is an Aussie CS worth. I know of 3 in existence. 

1 hour ago, rminc said:

Car was on carsales maybe 12 months ago. 

Owner may have overpaid for an import. 

At $135,000. I think that's a good price at the moment. 

Looks very clean in the photos though and no mention of rust. 

Anyone have the direct link to it on collecting cars? Wouldn't mind a closer look. 

Screenshot_20210724-081418_Carsales.jpg

It looked to be a very nice example. I had the link on my home screen to watch the auction but then deleted it after it ended. Unfortunately the cars disappear from their website once the auction ends but it may get listed as at a Buy It Now sale. 

I think the car for sale at Autohaus is a good comparison point.

https://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

UK car, higher km at 173k, but at some point you're buying for condition not km.  Benefit of buying from a reputable dealer who has maintained the car for years versus all the risks/unknowns of buying from Collecting Cars.

Autohaus are asking $159,900.  Assume you could negotiate some discount . . . $155k?  $150k?

Feels like the silver car vendor should have taken the money at $135k.  $135k plus $10k CC fee = $145k.  Surely buyers on CC are going to expect at least a $10k "discount" compared to buying from Autohaus, Duttons, CTS to reflect the uncertainty of buying sight unseen, online.

1 hour ago, aircooledfanatic said:

I just learned something new. I didn't realise the 3.2 CS was released in Aus.

As far as I know there were 3. 2 white and 1 black. This is one of them. Could potentially be more. Someone on here would know more. 

FB_IMG_1619428294135.jpg