Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Looks a bit cartoonish. That's what I say if anyone cares.

Lots of money chucked in but that does not g/tee its kind on the eye or even true to its ambition as stated. 

Price, come on, some fool will though.

4 hours ago, Arnage said:

Looks a bit cartoonish. That's what I say if anyone cares.

Lots of money chucked in but that does not g/tee its kind on the eye or even true to its ambition as stated. 

Price, come on, some fool will though.

massive wheels never suit these cars IMO.  Smaller wheels and chubby tyres needed.  While it’s a cool thing I feel like everyone follows the same formula, same seats, same wheel, same wheels, IROC body kit……….cool motor but who wants to spend 360k only to rock up at cars and coffee alongside another 3 similar replicas.  Damn it…….😂

It must be worth 360k just for this alone…….🤔

shifting up through the gears feels like winning the Soccer World Cup

21 minutes ago, AMG said:

Hi all

A friend is interested in this Cayman S - would welcome your opinions on it:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-cayman-2014/SSE-AD-5478556/

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,

I’ve been eyeing the photos of that car, it has some very nice options and presents well. The only thing I noticed was some paint has been rubbed off on the lower section of the front bumper otherwise it appears to be a nice car that is well priced compared to the other 981CS’s on the market. No mention of service history so I’d be asking about that and I haven’t heard of a PDK or sports edition and couldn’t find any information on this. 

Cheers,

Leon

I'm not sure if this is the right place as I did a forum search and nothing came up.

Always been merc/bmw owner and looking at a new macan when they come back in stock. Rationale is wanted a smaller car to drive around but need the suv component due to working in an industrial area with lots of trucks and every other car being a ford ranger suv so don't want to become road kill - plenty of truck accidents. 

~Just looking at a base model macan - I know literally it's RRP now but I don't think people even got much off porsches even before covid, whereas with a merc or bmw there always was $20-40k leeway. 

Anything inparticular I should get with the macan? Normally we just buy the demonstrators.

8 hours ago, jacksparrow said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place as I did a forum search and nothing came up.

Always been merc/bmw owner and looking at a new macan when they come back in stock. Rationale is wanted a smaller car to drive around but need the suv component due to working in an industrial area with lots of trucks and every other car being a ford ranger suv so don't want to become road kill - plenty of truck accidents. 

~Just looking at a base model macan - I know literally it's RRP now but I don't think people even got much off porsches even before covid, whereas with a merc or bmw there always was $20-40k leeway. 

Anything inparticular I should get with the macan? Normally we just buy the demonstrators.

The things I love in mine are the panoramic roof, heated seats (I’m in Melbourne), roof rails. Sunroof is a must for resale apparently.

I wish I had the Smokers Package, and if I didn’t have to pay for it the sports exhaust. I don’t have a towbar either, probably with hindsight would have for a ‘just in case’. You’d be lucky to get anything off in this climate. 

I recommend driving the base then driving an S. If you can get a demo GTS for the same money as a new base then I would go that direction. I have an S but wish it had a little ‘more’

13 hours ago, jacksparrow said:

I was looking at " which Macan " awhile ago and found this youtube from a Kiwi dude who lives in the US now.  His review and assessment is pretty good IMO, notwithstanding the quirky aspects which are pretty amusing.  Good comparison of all models.  In a nutshell - the GTS seems to be the sweet spot, even if it's pre-owned.  

14 hours ago, jacksparrow said:

Take a look in this thread, recently asked by another member whom ended up ordering one I believe? 

8 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

What's peoples thoughts on Pasha material for the seats?

I was looking at Pasha inserts from a US based supplier to fit my GT4 Recaro fixed back seats. I like them but I'm a little wary of the $US1,800 cost and the possible polarisation when I come to sell the car...

Love it . I am thinking doing some Pasha inserts in my GT3 . I used P1in the US  for some hounds tooth inserts in my 991

I’ve just ordered new Pasha seats from Germany. Not the actual seat itself, but pre-made covers for the frame.

Admittedly it is for a 1980 car so is within the original period of release, but personally, I love it and can’t get enough ... 😍