Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Flippers are getting out of control. 

Well at least on the unlikely chance someone is interested in paying 500k for it, at least the collecting cars link has some very comprehensive photos. 

If anyone wants to pay $300k for my 3.2 let me know. I'll be waiting here.. 

47 minutes ago, wangan said:

Same one from collecting cars UK. 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1989-porsche-911-carrera-32-club-sport

I guess after shipping costs and LCT, if the full amount was declared that's a 100% premium lol. Not bad at all. I doubt the markets that hot though. 

A mate with a lot of Porsches (at least 15) leant me his rhd 3.2 Clubsport for a weekend and have to say it is a special car to drive and be in. Really enjoyed it. Suspect it will only keep going up in value too. 

22 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

A mate with a lot of Porsches (at least 15) leant me his rhd 3.2 Clubsport for a weekend and have to say it is a special car to drive and be in. Really enjoyed it. Suspect it will only keep going up in value too. 

You didn’t offer to buy it before prices went nuts……?  A cool companion for the CSL and GT3

4 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Cool car but $500k cool?

20 hours ago, Coastr said:

Cool car but $500k cool?

Was interesting @DJM but Nah honestly 993 is ‘fun, fast and old enough’ for me, and after a few days this wasn’t it.  Went ok, looks cool. Not a shade on how fun a csl or 993 c2s is on a road trip mate.  I think around 993 and 964 the 911 just leapfrogged ahead in terms of engineering …the 1990s .  My hankering for anything older has therefore faded.  😢 

$500k - Not a chance. At that money @Coastr a 993 RS would do it more for me.  

11 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

If I may be so bold as to ask why?

6mths or so after I looked at it, someone bought it so I’m not keen to critique someone else’s purchase on a public forum but let’s just say the ppi was not  enough for me to proceed to hand over my Aussie pesos...

here’s a pic I took when I was perusing  Duttons 4-5yrs ago....

51286962967_0a07904ae1_b.jpg

Looks the same to me...

I like everything about that 73 RSR rep except the 18 inch wheels, but they can be changed , would be interested to know what the PPI issues were on the car , and I suspect duttons will be asking $200K for it ..

Also digging this 934 Replica at the moment , priced well , good mechanicals , some TLC on paint and finish as I like things shinny and new, this would be a something I could really enjoy "What a beast" 530 HP in 1200kg 

Certain a member owns it as I have seen it on the site before 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-7301580/?Cr=3

2k85tll2g8uki465lqp8crvwo-2.jpg

1977 Porsche 934 Replica - Ex-Porsche Cup Australia car Was built and raced by Greg Lovett in the 1990's with great success. 3.4 Motor built a few years back but has not had much use since then. IPEC V88 ECU with 12 individual coils with Motorsport quality rear loom. Heads ported with twin plugs 3.2 Alloy inlet manifold. 3.2 crank Carillo rods and CP pistons. SC camshafts GT35 Turbo. No lag and just pulls like a rocket from low revs. New highflow fuel pump and hoses. New factory oil piping to the front oil cooler, just fitted. Custom 3 into 1 headers off each bank 934 style. Comes with 3 exhaust options. Freshly fitted TurboKraft Intercooler to fit under the 3.0 RSR type rear wing with all new piping. Just dyno tuned at Chequered Tuning. Making a safe 530BHP. Gearbox is a G50 with billet side plate, oil cooler, LSD and custom gear set. Spare gears and spare clutch come with the car. Tuned to run on E85 fuel which is available at nearly all United servos. Could be retuned to run ULP if you wanted to but not really necessary. Running 18in Wheels on Semi slicks Several sets of quality 3 piece wheels including some very rare and very expensive BBS E50 motorsport wheels. Front brakes are GT3 and the rears are front 930. Has bias control in the cabin. The body is an Australian delivered 1977 911. Bonnet, doors, rear guards, rear lid are composite. Rear windows are plastic/lexan. . Full CAMS approved steel roll cage Comes with two normal race seats and one Blackwatch tartan GTS Classics Lollipop period race seat. Has replica Autoflug period 4 point race harness for both seats Momo Prototipo steering wheel. Car was registered in Queensland so could be registered here with some mods. Just had lots of electrical work with large parts of the loom updated by Chris Coulson. Also had lots of work and servicing just done by Auto Coupe. Lots of other parts but too many to list. Regrettable sale. I have two other race cars so one needs to go to fund a new business project.

12 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

If I may be so bold as to ask why?

Some cars warrant a very close look. 

23 minutes ago, Raven said:

I like everything about that 73 RSR rep except the 18 inch wheels, but they can be changed , would be interested to know what the PPI issues were on the car , and I suspect duttons will be asking $200K for it ..

Also digging this 934 Replica at the moment , priced well , good mechanicals , some TLC on paint and finish as I like things shinny and new, this would be a something I could really enjoy "What a beast" 530 HP in 1200kg 

Certain a member owns it as I have seen it on the site before 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-7301580/?Cr=3

2k85tll2g8uki465lqp8crvwo-2.jpg

1977 Porsche 934 Replica - Ex-Porsche Cup Australia car Was built and raced by Greg Lovett in the 1990's with great success. 3.4 Motor built a few years back but has not had much use since then. IPEC V88 ECU with 12 individual coils with Motorsport quality rear loom. Heads ported with twin plugs 3.2 Alloy inlet manifold. 3.2 crank Carillo rods and CP pistons. SC camshafts GT35 Turbo. No lag and just pulls like a rocket from low revs. New highflow fuel pump and hoses. New factory oil piping to the front oil cooler, just fitted. Custom 3 into 1 headers off each bank 934 style. Comes with 3 exhaust options. Freshly fitted TurboKraft Intercooler to fit under the 3.0 RSR type rear wing with all new piping. Just dyno tuned at Chequered Tuning. Making a safe 530BHP. Gearbox is a G50 with billet side plate, oil cooler, LSD and custom gear set. Spare gears and spare clutch come with the car. Tuned to run on E85 fuel which is available at nearly all United servos. Could be retuned to run ULP if you wanted to but not really necessary. Running 18in Wheels on Semi slicks Several sets of quality 3 piece wheels including some very rare and very expensive BBS E50 motorsport wheels. Front brakes are GT3 and the rears are front 930. Has bias control in the cabin. The body is an Australian delivered 1977 911. Bonnet, doors, rear guards, rear lid are composite. Rear windows are plastic/lexan. . Full CAMS approved steel roll cage Comes with two normal race seats and one Blackwatch tartan GTS Classics Lollipop period race seat. Has replica Autoflug period 4 point race harness for both seats Momo Prototipo steering wheel. Car was registered in Queensland so could be registered here with some mods. Just had lots of electrical work with large parts of the loom updated by Chris Coulson. Also had lots of work and servicing just done by Auto Coupe. Lots of other parts but too many to list. Regrettable sale. I have two other race cars so one needs to go to fund a new business project.

Price is very sharp.  I like it. A lot. You should buy it. 

4 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Some cars warrant a very close look. 

Price is very sharp.  I like it. A lot. You should buy it. 

I think it is well priced a lot of performance for the asking price ,and all the hard work done , as I said some money spent on paint and cosmetic things only because I like things shiny and pretty , would be a fun and enjoyable car, real head tuner , unique and no doubt a beast with that power output ..wait and see what happens in coming months ..

22 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Was interesting @DJM but Nah honestly 993 is ‘fun, fast and old enough’ for me, and after a few days this wasn’t it.  Went ok, looks cool. Not a shade on how fun a csl or 993 c2s is on a road trip mate.  I think around 993 and 964 the 911 just leapfrogged ahead in terms of engineering …the 1990s .  My hankering for anything older has therefore faded.  😢 

$500k - Not a chance. At that money @Coastr a 993 RS would do it more for me.  

Not sure you’d find a 993RS for 500k now (AU, mint, <50k). I’ve been offered 700 and still said no.