Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Love it . I am thinking doing some Pasha inserts in my GT3 . I used P1in the US  for some hounds tooth inserts in my 991

This was the company's Pasha seat inserts that I was originally looking at.  How did you find P1 - the guys on Rennlist love the quality and service provided with the inserts - I've just got to convert Mrs T that +/- $3000 for 4 small pads are worth the same as a small lounge suite here in Aus.... 

8 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

This was the company's Pasha seat inserts that I was originally looking at.  How did you find P1 - the guys on Rennlist love the quality and service provided with the inserts - I've just got to convert Mrs T that +/- $3000 for 4 small pads are worth the same as a small lounge suite here in Aus.... 

@Stephen Tinker it's still cheaper than changing cars 😉

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Stephen they are a great company to deal with quality is excellent and communication 

E5A16C0C-3FDA-4AFB-B031-DA93BEF315F9.jpeg

B0BA0A63-CED0-4B15-B278-C7EEB7DBB679.jpeg

Hi - P1designs was a 10/10 experience for me too. Superb quality and service. You get what you pay for type decision.  Note it’s not a recover - its second set of seat inserts. Kim also gave me some good advice and tweaked the material to better suit the white - they have plenty of options / shades etc. 

721911FC-1FA5-42A8-AD03-E982291988FE.jpeg

AAF0405B-4DF7-4BE1-86BD-E2EA35213281.jpeg

I have driven the car and it’s a bit better than nice. Very good build with everything done - nothing to spend. If you can buy it for $250k the owner should be happy with his profit for ownership time. It’s very good.

13 hours ago, Turra said:

Was $389k before from memory. Lovely Zag car and likely would sell around $250k

Even at $250 I would want to see bespoke touches, neat as it is, its a real paint by numbers backdate using cheap new parts easily bought over the counter with no attention to detail or regard for textures or finishes and heritage.

3 hours ago, 9er said:

Even at $250 I would want to see bespoke touches, neat as it is, its a real paint by numbers backdate using cheap new parts easily bought over the counter with no attention to detail or regard for textures or finishes and heritage.

Perfect analysis 9er👏

6 hours ago, 9er said:

Agree at $250k you’d want something pretty good but zag don’t sell them at 250..(I think)  Only idiots trying to sell them for 3-400k making out zag are  some special singerclone...

but they’re a 100s basic road car. And to be fair “no attention to detail” is a little harsh I feel...they do a pretty good job overall I reckon... it ain’t no singer and it’s not a new car or track ready race car that’s for sure. It’s certainly not a hack or is it period correct either, it’s a bitsa for sure. But if you specify it to be  exact this n that it’ll get done you just pay the upgrade option. 

mine came with a new clutch new seats and had a particular look, that’s what the original buyer wanted. Zag have a set menu but if you want a pink  dashboard they’d probably do it, so the finish and textures are often customer selected although zag gives a basic set of options to keep the price down. Like my muffler was off an old beetle I reckon... so I  upgraded that.

In five years  I’ve only had a starter motor replaced and a minor oil leak, everything else going great.

54 minutes ago, Philbee said:

In five years  I’ve only had a starter motor replaced and a minor oil leak, everything else going great.

And happens to be one of the best looking and sounding 911's in Oz 👍

I personally can't see how anyone can ask even $250k for a backdate, but stranger things have happened in Porsche world 😁

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

And happens to be one of the best looking and sounding 911's in Oz 👍

I personally can't see how anyone can ask even $250k for a backdate, but stranger things have happened in Porsche world 😁

Reminds me of an old Marketing story I recall at Uni which was when Ralph Lauren figured out that young snappy dressers were buying their Polo shirts and as such becoming too mass market instead of where their wealthier target market was.  Where sales started dropping off.   So ,  they hiked the prices up to make them less attainable and perceived as even more rare and valuable !  .... really ?? 

5 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

So ,  they hiked the prices up to make them less attainable and perceived as even more rare and valuable !  .... really ?? 

You're right, its exclusivity mate. RL is a smart cookie, same as most of the fashion industry 'names' (Patek Philipe, $150k for a watch?? Jean Paul Gaultier, Cartier, Alex Perry etc...). I'd buy a wardrobe full of Peter Morrisey clothing, but sadly I'm on a Kmart budget 😥 

I know a Zag car that was bought a couple of years ago for around $200k, and although its a very nice car, it's really just paint and a nice interior. There was also a backdate at a particular shop that sold for bloody good money (over $150k), yet when I looked at it closely and nothing fitted right, panel gaps that were horrendously large, all the fibreglass panels were twisted and very badly fitted and had wooden sticks to hold the hood and decklid up, paint was 'ok', interior was a little above average and I gave it an overall 5-6/10. My backdate is nice to drive and makes all the right sounds, yet needs some paint and interior TLC, so would that be a $200-250k car if I spent just $10k and tarted it up all nice? If so, then sign me up for that thanks! I'd even lower my standards and take a GT3 as part trade. Just leave $20-50k in cash in the glovebox too 👍 

Just because anything has a 'name' to it doesn't justify a heavily over inflated price, yet people will pay it

4 hours ago, CarreraG50 said:

Doesn't look bad at all. Just wish Presleys wouldn't post other irrelevant cars in the title when posting his ads... I have a search saved for Datsun 1600's and the number of cars advertised that are emailed that I have no interest in is high!

20 hours ago, Dalai said:

Doesn't look bad at all. Just wish Presleys wouldn't post other irrelevant cars in the title when posting his ads... I have a search saved for Datsun 1600's and the number of cars advertised that are emailed that I have no interest in is high!

You need a 914 in your life Marty, come and join me :)