Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Advertised at $135,000

I was the first to call the guy. Aussie delivered, matching numbers, full documentation from new, nut & bolt resto & mods 10 year old, engine with 20K kms and fresh tranny, I was really tempted. But with 4 P-cars in my garage, couldn't bring myself to splurging on 1 more 😕

1 hour ago, njb said:

Just curious, or naive, why do people say “p-cars” rather than “Porsches”?

Probably the same reason us Aussies say “Shazza” and “Dazza” and “Macca’s” etc .. just a lazy shortcut / nickname .. 😅

4 hours ago, Coastr said:

It avoids the porsh/ porsha religious wars.  Plus you can talk about them in public without people thinking you just want to name drop.

I don't know if anyone else has heard this from the dealers, all SAs and dealerships are supposed to use the Porsha version from now on. 

That was the message I got in my latest interactions anyway.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

I don't know if anyone else has heard this from the dealers, all SAs and dealerships are supposed to use the Porsha version from now on. 

That was the message I got in my latest interactions anyway.

As they should! I just refer to it as the 911 now, as my mum who is German born admonishes me anytime I slip up and say Porsch...  :unsure:

On 22/07/2021 at 19:22, Dalai said:

Would love one, but already enough projects and next car needs to be a Datsun 1600 coupe. Keep saving for it and get distracted with other cars and tempted by cars like 9fans 968! 

Did you see this?

https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/CP-12-70--Built-01-70--Datsun--1600--Sedan--5-Seats--4-Doors/1090044240

16 hours ago, Fishcop said:

I know it would hurt now, but I bet it rewards later...

The. Real. Deal.

https://www.ecuriebowden.com.au/inventory/1976-934-turbo-rsr-porsche

My dream machine.

I remember seeing it for sale at Brents motors on Princess hwy Melb. $125k. They had a new Ferrari Boxer for sale as well that I think was about $70k.

I had my good mate and former owner of my 996 around recently.  We were talking Carerra GT and he mentioned seeing one for sale in Australia, maybe around 2012 ish, and it was around $150k.  He remembers thinking it would probably be a good buy.  If it was all as recalled, reckon he was right!

Did they bring any to Australia back in the day?  It was only LHD correct?  How does it get registered?  I suppose when you have CGT money laws are quite flexible.  :D

45 minutes ago, st3ve said:

I had my good mate and former owner of my 996 around recently.  We were talking Carerra GT and he mentioned seeing one for sale in Australia, maybe around 2012 ish, and it was around $150k.  He remembers thinking it would probably be a good buy.  If it was all as recalled, reckon he was right!

Did they bring any to Australia back in the day?  It was only LHD correct?  How does it get registered?  I suppose when you have CGT money laws are quite flexible.  :D

There is at least 2 here that I know if. Neither registered, moved on trade plates etc. 

48 minutes ago, sleazius said:

There was one at PCP in June, didn't think I'd ever see this pair here in Australia, much less at Parra. There was some event out at Eastern Creek.

Same owner supposedly. Note the 4.0 RS in the background too. It was quite a collection of rare p-cars.

2031051153_unlikelypair.thumb.jpg.7ab69867a8969e551a47b09f74341fc5.jpg

They originally came from the Gosford collection , the owner of that collection got into Tax problems with the ATO and many of the cars were sold through Sydney Classic throttle shop to cover the Tax issue ...No certain who owns them now ....