Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

I have to say I love the classic look of this 996 with it's ducktail, Fuchs & retro interior, I just can't come at the Tiptronic but maybe it's exactly what someone on here is after.

2002 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA - healeyfactory.com.au

I like it! I don't, however, like the lack of the third peddle or the price tag.

2 hours ago, JLD said:

There’s definitely a lot to love about that car except for price and transmission 

I want that gorgeous duck tail for 997.1 C2 😍. Struggling to find a right lead. !!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Watch out people, scammers are alive and well on this forum.

Report anything you feel is dodgy 

I keep seeing these kind of posts and can only be thankful that I am seeing them after the fact knowing that the mods are keeping the place clean. I've been involved in a lot of car forums over the years and I feel this one is by far the most civil. Great job!

21 minutes ago, Schnell said:

I've been involved in a lot of car forums over the years and I feel this one is by far the most civil. Great job!

Steady on mate 😁

Thanks, we do try to be ontop of the scum known as scammers, yet there are also members who are quick to report anything they see which might be dodgy. They're usually right, so it helps mods and admin out too 👍

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Steady on mate 😁

Thanks, we do try to be ontop of the scum known as scammers, yet there are also members who are quick to report anything they see which might be dodgy. They're usually right, so it helps mods and admin out too 👍

Listen, forums in general can be a cesspool and I have been a part of a few that attract an undesirable crowd. Nice to know there's a place just for enthusiasts.

24 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Anyone after a 944 Turbo (after the article in this months Wheels Mag.) there is a nice 1988 manual for sale at Richmonds in SA at a good price.

Just went on again.  Sorry under offer.  Someone else must have thought yes like me.

Just my speculation, but i think the window is quickly closing on undervalued 944s, i'd love to get into one in the next few years.

1 hour ago, JGTC said:

Just my speculation, but i think the window is quickly closing on undervalued 944s, i'd love to get into one in the next few years.

A few years might be too late to catch the boat.  The Richmond's one is a nice clean example.  Someone is going to get a nice car for only $59,000

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Wasn't that a PFA members car? Mega bucks was thrown at it if I recall correctly. 

Would be a fun car to drive

That's the one. 

But it still doesn't have air conditioning...  I'm not being flippant either - the 944 cannot be daily driven in Australia with that glass hatch and no AC.   It was a big mistake to delete it from the build.

I think the zeal to delete AC, heat and radios from cars because 'it's a racecar' type comments are misguided.  It takes time to build these things in but it's not rocket science and components are pretty cheap.  Otherwise your driving season is pretty short in a lot of australia.

Anyway, off the couch and onto my AC project...

27 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

the 944 cannot be daily driven in Australia with that glass hatch and no AC.

Mate, driving 9 hours in an old 911 from Adelaide to country Victoria in 42° heat without a/c isn't much fun either I can assure you! 

48 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Wasn't that a PFA members car? Mega bucks was thrown at it if I recall correctly. 

Would be a fun car to drive

Yes it was. I went for a test drive in it here in Melbourne when it was more recently for sale. 

Very loud, very fast, very stiff suspension.

Wouldn't be a comfortable daily driver, that's for sure! But was a rocket!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Mate, driving 9 hours in an old 911 from Adelaide to country Victoria in 42° heat without a/c isn't much fun either I can assure you! 

I get to say, "Been there, done that" :D  My old 69 was a daily driver in Townsville and Nth Qld - regular drives to Cairns etc... 30º+ AND 60-70% humidity (which is a real killer!). 

It reinforces my comments about AC if you're building something to really enjoy all year 'round - the cabin is super important.  I've no doubt the subject car could have it engineered in by a pro.