Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

32 minutes ago, Bugs77 said:

Just a last note from me on the 964 Turbo price question, a quick check over the ditch has a very very nice RHD 3.3 964 Turbo with only 40k on the clock for sale at NZ$370k
Why do they want AUD$600+ here?

They want to make coin, if anyone pays it they acheive their aim.

But yes NZ pricing would be sweet🙂

3 hours ago, crsedge said:

Advert says 18"s- reckon it would look better with 17" rims

The 18” wheels & headlamps look weird. I’ve never seen an exhaust like that before I’d imagine it would sound pretty angry.

31 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

The 18” wheels & headlamps look weird. I’ve never seen an exhaust like that before I’d imagine it would sound pretty angry.

There appear to be exhaust pipes seem to be under the car?

Is that some sort of bypass valve where at certain revs they exit under the car for more noise and at lower revs they continue out the back to the standard exhausts?

6 hours ago, micknine01 said:
22 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

Is that some sort of bypass valve where at certain revs they exit under the car for more noise and at lower revs they continue out the back to the standard exhausts?

Yes some sort of by pass valve there for sure, Hard to say but it looks like heater boxes are not hooked up.

6 hours ago, micknine01 said:

Agreed, looks weird 

Wrong guards, Look like 930 not RSR.

images.jpeg.f64d51a713b2401c7cf2238bd1e378ad.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

https://www.cargraphic.de/en/your-vehicle/for-porsche/for-911/for-911-g-model/cargraphic-tuning-program-for-porsche-911-g-modell-27l-carrera/exhaust-systems-2-flut-manifolds-heat-exchanger-for-porsche-911-carrera-27l/exhaust-systems-with-cargraphic-heat-exchanger-for-porsche-911-carrera-27l/carp11fkh4063etfk/

6 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

Just a last note from me on the 964 Turbo price question, a quick check over the ditch has a very very nice RHD 3.3 964 Turbo with only 40k on the clock for sale at NZ$370k

The NZ car looks great in the photos. I really struggle as to why the 3.3 964 T are at such high asking prices. Perhaps off the back of the 3.6 964 T prices. I think a couple may have sold in the $900's at the height of the Covid madness. 

There is a collector grade 3.3 for sale in WA at present (friend of mine) which is mint, and unmolested, unlike my ex car. Started at $650k, now down to $620K.

7 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

Every 911 (actually most cars) are worth less $$ in NZ than AU. 

Thats why all the Jap grey imports end up there too - no protective LCT or Import BS. Also NZ doesnt have  a car industry to protect..... wait.....neither do we in AU........?????? 

Import would be subject to LCT and GST. Prob end up same $$$$$$?

From the ATO:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Luxury-car-tax/Working-out-the-LCT-amount/Working-out-the-LCT-on-an-import/

Step 1: work out the LCT value:

1. Customs value of the car is $370,000
  2. Add GST applied at import is $37,000 (10% of $370,000)
  3. Add import costs (GST inclusive) of $2,500
  4. $409,500 (LCT value).

Step 2: calculate the LCT (LCT value − LCT threshold) × 10 ÷ 11 × 33%:

1. ($409,500 − $71,849) × 10 ÷ 11 × 33%
  2. $337,651 × 10 ÷ 11 × 33%
  3. $101,295.30 (LCT amount payable to Department of Home AffairsExternal Link).

So in this case.....based upon the $370K AUD purchase price - you end up at $409,500 + $101,295 = $510,795.00

Plus other AQUIS costs......

And we all know how "IMPORTS " are worthless here in Au...... Especially on here......

Hope that helps?

5 hours ago, tomo said:

Yes some sort of by pass valve there for sure, Hard to say but it looks like heater boxes are not hooked up.

I would agree with @tomo = No heater box hook up.....

I really don't get the hate?

I could pick the hell out of it too - but it was built by a guy (or Gal) to HIS taste.....

Would I do things differently? Sure - but I don't see it being advertised as a faithful replica (in which case they started form a car 12 years too new anyway)  so not sure why the hate?

Looks nicely done - with big brakes and wheels (too big for most pls taste) and big $$ spent. Zag to a pretty bloody good job and have been doing it for years..... so they should know their sh!t by now?

IMHO - yes the chrome lights + window surrounds and black everything else looks out of place along with the wheels (imagine some fat 16's>>>😍) but allows some scope for personalisation.

Most people dont like the stuff i do to my cars - but i gave up caring years ago - long before i decided to cut a 2 owner 993TT up into a track car ! 

I hope they get all the $$$$.

21 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Thats why all the Jap grey imports end up there too - no protective LCT or Import BS. Also NZ doesnt have  a car industry to protect..... wait.....neither do we in AU........?????? 

From the ATO:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Luxury-car-tax/Working-out-the-LCT-amount/Working-out-the-LCT-on-an-import/

4. $409,500 (LCT value).

So in this case.....based upon the $370K AUD purchase price - you end up at $409,500 + $101,295 = $510,795.00

And we all know how "IMPORTS " are worthless here in Au...... Especially on here......

Hope that helps?

No heater box hook up.....

I could pick the hell out of it too - but it was built by a guy (or Gal) to HIS taste.....

Would I do things differently? Sure - but I don't see it being advertised as a faithful replica (in which case they started form a car 12 years too new anyway)  so not sure why the hate?

Looks nicely done - with big brakes and wheels (too big for most pls taste) and big $$ spent. Zag to a pretty bloody good job and have been doing it for years..... so they should know their sh!t by now?

IMHO - yes the chrome lights + window surrounds and black everything else looks out of place along with the wheels (imagine some fat 16's>>>😍) but allows some scope for personalisation.

Most people dont like the stuff i do to my cars - but i gave up caring years ago - long before i decided to cut a 2 owner 993TT up into a track car ! 

No hate bloke just answered a question.

Imagine this:

16's with fatties + lowered stance + All black window surrounds + Black Mirrors + Black Handles.
Black headlight surrounds (or the all black versions) and no fake RSR badge.
Black Grill on the ducktail.
Rear seat delete.
Half Cage - painted in Yellow.
A few more Yellow niceties to brighten up the interior.

LOVE yet?
edit - Less offended?

53 minutes ago, on_booost said:

From the ATO:

4. $409,500 (LCT value).

Hope that helps?

No heater box hook up.....

Certainly get your point on the 964 pricing if you were to import one straight from NZ at this time but you could buy a 964 turbo in OZ and NZ for the same price back when they where in the $100-120K bracket, my point was anywhere else in the world they are almost half price, does your head in, but I certainly wouldn't bother importing one trying to save a buck. Mind you I could go hang out with that side of the family and annoy them for twelve months while driving that nice Turbo then bring back as personal import as you don't get hammered quite as much, still a bit red tape I couldn't be bothered with though.

4 minutes ago, Bugs77 said:

Certainly get your point on the 964 pricing if you were to import one straight from NZ at this time but you could buy a 964 turbo in OZ and NZ for the same price back when they where in the $100-120K bracket....

My time-machine is broken. Yours still working?
Id go back and buy SOOOOOO many cars.....

Or actually not sell a bunch of them:

R33 GTR x 2
'88 FACTORY RHD 930
'97 993TT
'75 RX3 Coupe (sold for $4500)

5 hours ago, mrar said:

"Starting with a straight and clean 1982 SC, this car was stripped back to a bare shell before a comprehensive rotisserie restoration and modification to the specification you currently see"

No mention of original Rhd, so guessing modded into the spec you see. Brakes look big maybe the reason for those big wheels.

I just got an email from Chrome Temple promoting the car and it mentions it's an import and most of the ZAG backdates I've seen have been from imported and converted cars.

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

My time-machine is broken. Yours still working?
Id go back and buy SOOOOOO many cars.....

Or actually not sell a bunch of them:

R33 GTR x 2
'88 FACTORY RHD 930
'97 993TT
'75 RX3 Coupe (sold for $4500)

I feel your pain:

84 Carrera 
81 930 
R33 GTR
MY99 STI

7 hours ago, tomo said:

Wrong guards, Look like 930 not RSR.

images.jpeg.f64d51a713b2401c7cf2238bd1e378ad.jpeg

The guards in the backdate resemble the 73 RSR they are going for. That pic is a 74 RSR.

Someone has spent a whole bunch of money on it, and it looks like another quality Zag job. I personally wouldn't have put the RSR stickers on it, and don't get me started on those hideous headlights! 18's make the car sit way too high and look weird. I have come to like the 17's I have now and I like the choice of tyres, but if I did it again I would possibly stick with 15's. 

The electric A/C and the exhaust are big ticket items although it is weird to spend so much on an exhaust with heat exchangers on that level of build and not connect them up. 

If it has been converted, they used a full RHD front end as it has a RHD smugglers box. 

Overall it looks like a pretty nice build and would cost at least that if you were paying someone to build it for you.

29 minutes ago, MFX said:

The guards in the backdate resemble the 73 RSR they are going for. That pic is a 74 RSR.

Someone has spent a whole bunch of money on it, and it looks like another quality Zag job. I personally wouldn't have put the RSR stickers on it, and don't get me started on those hideous headlights! 18's make the car sit way too high and look weird. I have come to like the 17's I have now and I like the choice of tyres, but if I did it again I would possibly stick with 15's. 

The electric A/C and the exhaust are big ticket items although it is weird to spend so much on an exhaust with heat exchangers on that level of build and not connect them up. 

If it has been converted, they used a full RHD front end as it has a RHD smugglers box. 

Overall it looks like a pretty nice build and would cost at least that if you were paying someone to build it for you.

I hear what are saying about the 73 rsr guards,They Still don't cut mustard Jeff, Personally  I have nothing against the car, the only thing I will say is that it's Stance needs a bit sorting, besides that it is a nice bit of Kit a bit pricey but.

It's a personal thing when it comes to rim sizes.

I much prefer the bigger look of 17's, and had the Speed line replicas on mine before I backdated it then fitted the 16in Ronal Pentas. From a performance point of view, 15's and sticky tyres transformed my cars handling into a nimble go kart, yet it bottomed out too much for my liking, so I went back to 16's purely to have it handle ok and aesthetically it looks better in my opinion. 

I've got no issue with the car itself, as I'd be a hypocrite questioning a modified 911, but it's the price that bothers me when it's not original and is a converted backdate. Yeah it'd cost that to build one properly and those who can afford it don't have to get their hands dirty and own a good car, but man that's nearly 300 grand 😳

The RSR guards are different in their arc around the front wheels but I think most of the problem is the optical illusion created by using larger diameter wheels on a backdated car.  The price you pay for having bigger brakes.  The larger the diameter of the wheel, the lower the tyre profile needs to be for the same rolling diameter. As well as this, the g series, impact bumper if you like, had sill panel extensions and thicker bumper bars, guard extensions and extended front and rear valance, which gave the cars  the “appearance”  of being lower. The addition of a black bump strip under the door helps with the illusion.

Singer uses the same “tricks”

17 hours ago, on_booost said:

From the ATO:

4. $409,500 (LCT value).

Hope that helps?

I would agree with @tomo = No heater box hook up.....

It's a banter forum, we all love to give our opinions 🙃🤣

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

OMG!  That's a $12,000 exhaust system!

That explains why the owner then couldn't afford to connect up the heater boxes....

C’mon Peter, they are not connected because of Global Warming.  He won’t need a heater !

😎