Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Did you mean me?

I'm not a fan of red....

But I was checking out another car yesterday..

Shame your not open to the colour. Make sure you drive a manual before you go and buy a tip, just so you can make up your own mind.

I've ready a few comments about red 964's not being popular.

Is it red 964s, or just red in general?

I think red is a good colour for P-Cars.  Add black wheels for a more aggressive/track style look.  IMHO.

i think on IB cars it works because you have plenty of black trim, stone guards etc that breaks it up.

a red 964 is a whole lot of red..

the one in the ad still looks nice though.

In the current 964 climate I think colour should probably be the last consideration.

Actually in the midst the recent drought here we have two rare and desirable birds, an Oz delivered manual C2 coupe (holy grail) for $78K (Amazon Green) and a completely sorted C4 for $65K (Guards Red) -

Assuming they both check out on PPI, I'd have a hard time choosing.

I don't know how 'bad photos' are anything apart from good when buying a car. Means that most people won't bother going to look at it (and you get it all to yourself to look at/buy)

only a bad thing for the seller really

I agree Russ, for some reason nowadays there is an expectation to have photos (and good ones at that) in your ad, what happened to the good ole days where you used to just call an ad in the trading post that had no photos at all! it was like roulette....  :lol: 

I love red aircooled 911s. The best thing about early p cars is that people still took risks with their colour selections. Now its just a race to see who can spec their car the blandest.

If I was in the market for a c2 964 though I'd just take whatever colour came up (dependent on mechanical condition) and respray it if it was that much of an issue.

I love red aircooled 911s. The best thing about early p cars is that people still took risks with their colour selections. Now its just a race to see who can spec their car the blandest.

Yes , "I've bought a Porsche but I don't want to stand out"

Conservative chaps , love 'em!

Yes , "I've bought a Porsche but I don't want to stand out"

Conservative chaps , love 'em!

I'm a bit Jekkyl and hide on that,    one day I'd love a Viper green car with tartan inserts,  next day, something understated in blue on black