Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I've started a conversation on this topic over in the four-door section hoping some cayenne peeps might chime in on running costs for older models. Agree on the fuel thing, daily V8 shopping trolley would be a killer. I'm crazy but I ain't no fool!

My brother had the first gen GTS and was lucky to get 450km a tank around town (100 litres I think) 

The new turbo diesel V8 not only goes harder but gets >900km. Sounds tough too! 

Ive had two diesel v10 Touaregs, run them both to 100,000. Zero issues. Averaged 12.5ltrs/100kms as I recall.

Ive got a 2011 Cayenne S V8 petrol. 50,000kms. Zero issues. 11.8ltrs/100kms.

I love them, but Id be wary of a lanky mileage early big engine Cayenne for electrical issues.

jesus h christ.

$68k...

come on... really?

i dont think i can afford to be a member of the porsche forum anymore...

I hear you Mike.

I get the whole "air cooled" thing but you're right it's getting ridiculous.

Early 997s are getting.... Well "very" attractive I must say..... Price overlap on cars that are 20 years apart is crazy.... I know what I'd buy.

jesus h christ.

$68k...

come on... really?

i dont think i can afford to be a member of the porsche forum anymore...

It's the old adage, you ask whatever you want, but something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it.

What would be very interesting is the actual prices people are paying for air cooled..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221683978518?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

I know this 74 Sporto was discussed a few pages ago, but $25k no reserve, Aussie delivery seems like a good daily drive?? No interest it seems? 

I'm not clued up on IB cars, so aside from the listed rust and widebody issues.. whats wrong with it? 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221683978518?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

I know this 74 Sporto was discussed a few pages ago, but $25k no reserve, Aussie delivery seems like a good daily drive?? No interest it seems? 

I'm not clued up on IB cars, so aside from the listed rust and widebody issues.. whats wrong with it? 

rust

history of modified body (has its own set of questions/issues)

sporto with "clutch problems"

+ those wheels...............

Probably priced about right, you wont find a sub 30k 911 without issues so its to be expected that you'll be needing to throw some $$$ at it to get things sorted. 

rust

history of modified body (has its own set of questions/issues)

sporto with "clutch problems"

+ those wheels...............

Probably priced about right, you wont find a sub 30k 911 without issues so its to be expected that you'll be needing to throw some $$$ at it to get things sorted.

I reckon it's bloody cheap and an absolute bargain .... If I had the money spare I would pay up to $30k in a heartbeat.

Drop the gearbox and convert it to manual ... keep the gearbox for "authenticity" sake and sell with the car.

Fix the rust in the engine bay while engine is out ...

All up $10k - $12k spend with tops of $37k invested ... and thats getting a mechanic to do the work .... cheaper if you can do the work yourself.

Flip for minimum $45k as an Aussie delivered matching numbers car.

Absolute win, win ....

And as for you Edgy ..... you keep your bloody mitts off it with your 3.6 and G50 .... we don't need another original car disappearing with your mods .... (yeah, yeah ... bloody purists ...)