Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Continuing the recent trend of listing at one price and raising it the next day.

I'm sure this one started at $55k a day or two ago and has now been lifted to $60k.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3355052/?Cr=5

sc's in the 60k range, whats happening to this world!?

Continuing the recent trend of listing at one price and raising it the next day.

I'm sure this one started at $55k a day or two ago and has now been lifted to $60k.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3355052/?Cr=5

He could have at least thrown some meguires back to black on the exterior rubber bits....

It also means we all need to get an increase to our insurance valuations.

This is a really good point ....

I did this only 4 weeks ago from $45k to $60k with Ryno ....

My reasoning was that if something actually happened, I wouldn't be able to replace it under that amount ....

Ladies and Gentlemen .... if you haven't reassessed your insurance in the past few months, I suggest you do as you are probably underinsured ...

It actually started at $59,500 on Wednesday.......was dropped to $55 K that afternoon and has gone to 60 K today.........interesting marketing ploy???????????

Original car, desirable colour, in this crazy market you'd be stupid not to aim high!

Why do first owners spec up such awful colour combinations? Does the saying "Money can't buy good taste" hold true?

I've seen a Cayman in Basalt Black with a Maroon interior. Urgh. 

Don't they realise that such colour combinations will make the car less easy to get rid of later on?

Maybe they don't give a crap what the next owner will think of it.  Why would you order a brand new porsche not in the colour you like? It's not like they are buying a classic collector car as an investment and need to get the colour combo "right" for the "market"...  The 1st owner is gonna drop $50,000-$100,000 in depreciation on the car regardless...I think at that rate you've earned the right to enjoy the car however you like!  Ps.  Not saying I personally like some of those combos..but I get why they might do it.

This is a really good point ....I did this only 4 weeks ago from $45k to $60k with Ryno ....My reasoning was that if something actually happened, I wouldn't be able to replace it under that amount ....Ladies and Gentlemen .... if you haven't reassessed your insurance in the past few months, I suggest you do as you are probably underinsured ...

A month ago the policy came up for renewal and I argued that the value of 993s had gone through the roof and they were good enough to increase it to $77K and would not push a dollar more. I am obviously behind the eight ball and need to scheme a way for them to raise current value. But what would that be?

T man often ringing again and speak to another rep is all it takes.

Couple years ago shannons rep would only do 35k tops. I rang back spoke to another rep 55k

Point to another car of similar quality on the market and recent sales.

Knew I was about to be made redundant, wanted a break and car was financed. Now into seventh month if unemployment. Market is terribly slow. I made the right decision.

I see. Sorry to hear that. I hope you get another one soon. 

Maybe they don't give a crap what the next owner will think of it.  Why would you order a brand new porsche not in the colour you like? It's not like they are buying a classic collector car as an investment and need to get the colour combo "right" for the "market"...  The 1st owner is gonna drop $50,000-$100,000 in depreciation on the car regardless...I think at that rate you've earned the right to enjoy the car however you like!  Ps.  Not saying I personally like some of those combos..but I get why they might do it.

Believe it or not sometimes these are 'dealers getting creative' or ticking the wrong boxes. Years ago I was looking at a 996 in a dealership in parramatta, and there was another 911 there with this god awful yellow/brown interior. It was $20k less than the car I was looking at and I think I must have commented something like..'so no one likes that one then?'

Dealer: "yeh,...um, thought we were getting tan...nice car underneath though?"

Sure it is

A month ago the policy came up for renewal and I argued that the value of 993s had gone through the roof and they were good enough to increase it to $77K and would not push a dollar more. I am obviously behind the eight ball and need to scheme a way for them to raise current value. But what would that be?

A lot of insurance companies will argue the difference between 'insured value' and 'market value' being two very different things - especially when the increase in market values have increased so dramatically, insurance values can struggle to keep up.

Can depend on who your insured with, Shannons do offer inspections if your pushing them for a market 'agreed value'.

When I rang Ryno to up my insurance, I only asked to go to $55k ..... their range to insure went up to $71k .... the rep looked at the photo I initially sent them last year and said he would be comfortable to insure it for $60k .... I was good with that.

Only 2 weeks ago at a car show, I thought I would get a quote from Shannons at their booth ... after talking to their dude for a bit, he was surprised that it was insured for $60k .... his thought was $50k tops ....

I think it also might be an insurance company thing as well ..... maybe it's time to make a few more calls ....

Right. If you want to date a redhead, go right ahead. Who cares if all your mates prefer blondes or brunettes.

I would not order a new Porsche in silver/black so I could have a safe resale option.

Right. If you want to date a redhead, go right ahead. Who cares if all your mates prefer blondes or brunettes.

I would not order a new Porsche in silver/black so I could have a safe resale option.

Mmmmmmm, ............ redheads! ........ I'd leave my wife for one of those .....

(said out loud like Homer Simpson wanting a donut)

A purple 993 S Tip for sale at Duttons for $140k.    The colour does NO FAVOURS for the car - I dislike the mix of external purple and internal blue.

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/dealer/details/porsche-911-carrera-1997-26247594?base=1216+1841&vertical=Car&cr=3&page=5&eapi=2&__N=4294963765+1247+1282+1252+1246+1216&num=12&silo=Stock&sort=~Year

192287733.jpg?height=370&aspect=FitWithi

I could live with that.  I can't live with the $140k price tag tho :P :P :P