Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hi Ben, I know a fair bit about this car and have kept in contact with the owner over the past year. Nice guy. Happy to share the info I have with you, I have a large file of photos as well.

Roy

Met the previous owner about 3 years ago when he was selling his 912...

It's about the vibe.

Maybe I'm the odd one out here but I didn't get "the vibe" from my 964. It felt quite heavy, not like the lithe chuckable car I had imagined. I understand last of the "original" 911 shape and the air cooled thing is part of the appeal but $80k+ for a 25yo base model 911.....really? Must confess I haven't driven a 996C2/C4 but I'd expect to find similar driving enjoyment for $30-50k.

Maybe I'm the odd one out here but I didn't get "the vibe" from my 964. It felt quite heavy, not like the lithe chuckable car I had imagined. I understand last of the "original" 911 shape and the air cooled thing is part of the appeal but $80k+ for a 25yo base model 911.....really? Must confess I haven't driven a 996C2/C4 but I'd expect to find similar driving enjoyment for $30-50k.

probably not the odd one out, but certainly saving yourself some cash. This 'vibe' shit is costing me a fortune :)

I'm sort of with you. But until I confirm that my steering is functioning as the factory intended, I'm reserving my final conclusion.

I've actually been dreaming about 912's lately. 'Slow car fast' and all that...

C'mon cut the "got out too early" sour grapes! :D

Did you ever use your 964 in real anger?

Tit, on 24 May 2015 - 10:57 AM, said in response to DJM:snapback.png

I'm sort of with you. But until I confirm that my steering is functioning as the factory intended, I'm reserving my final conclusion.

I've actually been dreaming about 912's lately. 'Slow car fast' and all that...

To those that may have wondered, this post proves that we are indeed 2 separate individuals. :ph34r:

C'mon cut the "got out too early" sour grapes! :D

Did you ever use your 964 in real anger?:

No sour grapes - I sold out for a 20% profit after 4 months and moved on to a car that better suits my needs.

I drove the 964 hard on SMTs and elsewhere, didn't float my boat. I've had other cars before and since that were a lot more exhilarating to drive.

Would love to know more about this one. I would have expected an extra $20k on the asking price! It doesn't have an Aus delivered rear bumper so may be not all as described??? Great buy at that price either way.

Would love to know more about this one. I would have expected an extra $20k on the asking price! It doesn't have an Aus delivered rear bumper so may be not all as described??? Great buy at that price either way.

Simon,

Because I enjoy learning about these things, can you expand on the "Australian Delivered" rear bumper ... I'm not sure what the difference is ....

Are you referring to the rear reflector? If so then I understand .... also, I thought that style of reflector was only on the '88 / '89 models with the G50 gearbox ....

The two small reflectors on the rear bumper. If you have a look at the Aus '78 930 for sale, it has them. The '86 import 930 doesn't have them. I've seen an '86 M491 that has them.

The two small reflectors on the rear bumper. If you have a look at the Aus '78 930 for sale, it has them. The '86 import 930 doesn't have them. I've seen an '86 M491 that has them.

My 88 UK 930 4 speed has them