Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

No sour grapes - I sold out for a 20% profit after 4 months and moved on to a car that better suits my needs.

I drove the 964 hard on SMTs and elsewhere, didn't float my boat. I've had other cars before and since that were a lot more exhilarating to drive.

Obviously there's a subjective element to preference -

I've owned a 2.7 and driven SCs, and found the driving feel and steering feedback to be fantastic, but felt that they ran out of puff too early.

Obviously with the 3.2 and 964, there wouldn't be as much issue with running out of puff, but the driving feel would be diluted somewhat by the weight, and in the case of the 964, the power-assisted steering.

I've driven later cars, and found the power phenomenal, but the driving feel to be clinical. And having owned a string of turbo'ed cars (non Porsche), I have no interest in owning one ever again.

So it's really horses for courses, the 964 hits the sweet spot for me for a 911.

What air-cooled ones have you driven that did float your boat? I must admit I've never driven a long-hood, that's on the bucket to-do list. Although the long-hood folk seem to appreciate the virtues of the 964 -

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?60034-90s-R-Gruppe-911

Obviously there's a subjective element to preference -

I've owned a 2.7 and driven SCs, and found the driving feel and steering feedback to be fantastic, but felt that they ran out of puff too early.

Obviously with the 3.2 and 964, there wouldn't be as much issue with running out of puff, but the driving feel would be diluted somewhat by the weight, and in the case of the 964, the power-assisted steering.

I've driven later cars, and found the power phenomenal, but the driving feel to be clinical. And having owned a string of turbo'ed cars (non Porsche), I have no interest in owning one ever again.

So it's really horses for courses, the 964 hits the sweet spot for me for a 911.

What air-cooled ones have you driven that did float your boat? I must admit I've never driven a long-hood, that's on the bucket to-do list. Although the long-hood folk seem to appreciate the virtues of the 964 -

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?60034-90s-R-Gruppe-911

964 motor in an sc is the sweet spot for me :)

Would love to know more about this one. I would have expected an extra $20k on the asking price! It doesn't have an Aus delivered rear bumper so may be not all as described??? Great buy at that price either way.

Yea, something not quite kosher with that one.

Anyone know anything about this car? I have given up on getting a coupe and now looking at 2nd best.http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/SSE-AD-3420969/?Cr=6

Atleast its a wide body

Deposit has be paid, subject to PPI.

"Why only 1 911"

Mate, This is what happens. I think most coupes have past the point of (real) affordability, let's face it $50K plus is a lot of money to spend on a toy. That is if you intend to drive it like it was meant to be. Not stash it in the shed as an "investment" (please, no self respecting carguy/girl can do that) or you are a dealer riding the bubble holding it for a few months then flip it.

Naturally buyers will accept that one model is out of their reach, its called price creep. Happens with suburbs in real estate.

Same deal with muscle cars. Mock up GTs will now cost you $40K plus, for god sake a dirty old kingswood or Prem is $15K.

The Targa's are now on my Radar too.

Anyone want their 911 sold quick? Send me your number and within a couple of hours of me calling you and trying to get details, you will have sold to someone else before I get a chance to buy it.

Welcome to the current air-cooled market .....

BTW .... it will be quicker than a couple of hours ....

964 motor in an sc is the sweet spot for me :)

That would do because an SC is sub 1200kg, about 200kg lighter than a 964C2(!!) Massive difference with 250hp. A 964C2 is nearly 1400kg and C4 is nearly 1500kg, almost as heavy as a 996 Turbo (1540kg) which has 420hp. No wonder the 964 felt a bit doughy. Anyway doubt my rant will hinder the current crazy 964 inflation.