Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Despite being an import, looks very good value for an early 928.....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/summerland-point/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928/1086085140

Worth investigating ; looks very clean and yes the early (& late) cars are the collectible ones FWIW. Wonder why the trans went? The autos are bulletproof , good for 4-500,000km if looked after - and this car's only done 78k! $5500 for trans recon - yikes, someone got fleeced.

Should not be shy of making reasonable comment irrespective of provenance 

that blue 912/6 frankenPorsche abomination immediately above is... What it is.. A blue 912/6 frankenPorsche...the owner Michael would likely agree. To be fair it does hide an early vin ...come on 13 bids , hands up. the odds are someone here is bidding RAF? Mr fish?

I mean no disrespect to the owner (Michael). I have spoken to him over the phone and he seems to be a genuine honest person. My opinion is this car is being sold online so likely the new owner will buy sight unseen. So a major mod like removing half the room should be disclosed otherwise this is likely to end up in a sticky situation for both buyer and seller

Sorry, but thats ridiculous

Maybe same issue with the 914/6 I was in process of buying - it seems the sweet spot was around 40k not the 65 or 55 the seller had it advertised for..  Perhaps the C3 may sell for 120 or 125? What's the sweet spot for a C3 these days?

In original condition the yellow turbo could be worth $250k++. Modified as it is  - less than a third, but to be honest this has been for sale for a while so you could probably pick it up for a lot less. I actually thought about buying this one to return to stock but its way too far gone as very little is original. 

cd5753464590103199082_zps0xq9zway.jpg

My impression of the yellow peril from the wording in the ad is it's actually a 1976 911S with a 930 Turbo engine fitted.  Did you think it was worth returning to orig thinking it was a 930 or a 911S?