Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I have seen this car , fibreglass wings and a lot crazing of the body work , motor goes well and has done a professional job rebuilding it , very very nice guy . The motor probably needs to come out to stop minor oil leaks and tighten up after original build.  It was a bit on the high side for me in terms of dollars , but handled and drove well.

A good conversion as it compared to a TT , just not so sure on the fibre glass and how its bonded to the metal , the glass lets it doewn to be honest , interior good , chassis seems ok etc etc 

Edited by symsy

I have seen this car , fibreglass wings and a lot crazing of the body work , motor goes well and has done a professional job rebuilding it , very very nice guy . The motor probably needs to come out to stop minor oil leaks and toghten up after original build.  It was a bit on ythe high side for me in terms of dollars , but handled and drove well.

A good conversion as it compared to a TT , just not so sure on the fibre glass

Yeah, symsy have to agree, Like the 993 motor but not to keen on f/glass, be a good jigga with original tin work B) and besides I hear the sc comes with free beer :D

Edited by tomo

And this is how I find out one of my mates is selling his car. Really nice car too and Justin rebuilt the engine himself too so he knows the car inside and out. His focus is now on his track built MR2 which I think he will be taking to the new World Time Attack

Looks like a great white shark. Snap it up.

215000km is low , unlike the same in a 911 ;)

Does look good and the price looks right. 

Taz,

I thought the '85's went DOHC? 

Pete could get a few of these for his beer money

I think one 928 would be plenty and probably much better for my waistline than the equivalent in beer!

Edited by Peter M
some say spelling, I just forget the odd leter..

Seems about right, not sure they are really dropping that much more - high kms, very early 996, auto and no RWC; good later series 1 manuals with lower kms can be had for 10-12k more

My series 1 Carrera 4 manual that I traded sold in 4 days...

Seems about right, not sure they are really dropping that much more - high kms, very early 996, auto and no RWC; good later series 1 manuals with lower kms can be had for 10-12k more

My series 1 Carrera 4 manual that I traded sold in 4 days...

But lots sold and 997's also on the way down. $20k pricing probably going to be more common in the next 6 months. 996's probably the first P-cars to be proper daily drivers so higher km's will be normal

But lots sold and 997's also on the way down. $20k pricing probably going to be more common in the next 6 months. 996's probably the first P-cars to be proper daily drivers so higher km's will be normal

That's certainly possible; totally agree on the numbers, huge output compared to the air cooled cars and 997s are still dropping. 

I think that 996s are getting to the age that older, poorly maintained cars are getting taken off the road and thus culling the numbers now -  better, well maintained low km cars have the ability to hold the value they are at today

I am no expert but im still convinced air cool hysteria has the ability to hold or even drag up some of the water cooled cars incl. 996s, 944s and 928s - time will tell

Edited by Ozvino (Dave)