Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Garnet red Carrera

Is this the same car the Autohouse sold a year ago minus the Carrera stickering?  yes I agree with most of the posts. Hard to gauge 'by how much it is overpriced' , depends if you are comparing to 9 months ago when a good straight 200,000 km Carrera was going for $60-65k. In the current market I am not seeing these cars (frustratingly). 

Silver Carrera 1989

What does all that relativity that make of the silver 89 Carrera at Autohouse at $110k?

Edited by 550Spyder

I reckon that would be a great buy to do just that.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1971/SSE-AD-3415484/?Cr=72

The line about upgrading to a 996 made me smile.

you going to give him the heads up on IMS issues?;)

I called - seems like a good guy.

Being far away in VIC, I've got no hope, but I'd happily swap out of my 3.2 and into that one as a driver. 

has he been on the phone all day and rethinking his price?

has he been on the phone all day and rethinking his price?

He's had a lot of interest. I told him I thought it was too cheap (mind you, I haven't seen it). But he seems like a genuine guy and realistic about what car represents.

It appeals to me as being something that's not too precious and can be enjoyed. I'm just too far away and other people are in line ahead of me. So be it.

I hope it goes to the right home.

Edited by GUT
spelling

But he seems like a genuine guy and realistic about what car represents.

the previous 390 pages of this post are not exactly littered with statements like this. 

unfortunately seller is an only child....

Edited by 550Spyder

i wonder which other brand, has SO MANY cars with non-original engines... 

lots and lots of them.  Most cars engines aren't worth rebuilding if you can swap another straight in.  Any jap car older than 15-20 years is probably ona new engine for performance or replacement reasons.  Which VW is still on the original?

The matching numbers thing came mainly out of muscle cars because of the options sheets..from there it spread everywhere else.

993 C2 manual coupe Aussie delivered $115k

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3523245

with some 3.2 Carreras asking 100+ it seems like an easy decision..... 

Very, very, very, early 993. Carries over 964 blower motor and audio system, but in this case non original radio and rear speakers.

Call me anal, however this is a pet hate of mine when it comes to these cars. Nothing beats the period correct look of the audio.

At $115K with a few miles it is certainly up there......which makes me really happy.

OK. I'll bite.............Seriously? 

i'd have to agree about the 3.2 .....

value for money, the 993 wins ....

but who the hell buys a porsche that's value for money .... it's about the passion.

The G series are the quintessential Porsche to many enthusiasts and it doesn't matter that a later one can be bought cheaper or is better value for money .... the heart wants what the heart wants.

Yeah, I'm aware many people (most maybe?) consider the 993 the pinnacle of air cooled Porsche but for me it deviates too far from the original shape.  If I could afford it I'd be in a pre 74 911.  Next best thing for me is anything 74-89.

Edited by JD86