Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I commented on these in another thread but wonder what peoples thoughts are on Hotrod values

So im guessing this car is still available as hot as it is ??

I guess Hotrods aint so hot , when it comes to resale and the Autohaus one is just under offer , which i guess means it didnt sell for the price?

The Blue STR

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3503781?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

I commented on these in another thread but wonder what peoples thoughts are on Hotrod values

So im guessing this car is still available as hot as it is ??

I guess Hotrods aint so hot , when it comes to resale and the Autohaus one is just under offer , which i guess means it didnt sell for the price?

The Blue STR

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3503781?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

Seems to be the case doesn't it. Mess with what the Germans did and you lose money

Isn't the Autohaus car sold? Perhaps the seller of the blue meanie needs to go online and wank about a bit and then knock out some t- shirts? ;)  Make it better? 

Theres been some hotties selling lately - matter of devilish detail and pricing both the orangeade car  and the blue meanie above are sweet but don't go the whole banana - tasty though 

this one a converted LHD 912 almost topped $100k month or so ago

image_139.jpgURL]

image_138.jpg

image_140.jpg

image_141.jpg

image_142.jpg

Edited by michel

Isn't the Autohaus car sold? Perhaps the seller of the blue meanie needs to go online and wank about a bit and then knock out some t- shirts? ;)  Make it better? 

Theres been some hotties selling lately - matter of devilish detail and pricing both the orangeade car  and the blue meanie above are sweet but don't go the whole banana - tasty though 

this one a converted LHD 912 almost topped $100k month or so ago

image_139.jpgURL]

image_138.jpg

image_140.jpg

image_141.jpg

image_142.jpg

there seems to be a lot of cars trading hands that never make it to carsales and the usual haunts. 

I am looking for a Carrera 3.2 or well executed backdate to use as a daily driver. How does one go about "getting plugged in" to this secret society of decent cars for sale but never listed. 

Easy buy the one on car sales...or get up real early drink crap coffee and  put up with people like me and keep your eyes open 

The other pearler  was the 69t-st up in QLD that sold on car sales 6-7 weeks ago. 

That particular car belonged to a well known member on typ 901 forum and that's where I believe it's availability was made public. 

Agree, not many cars reaching the more open/public/ mainstream advertising methods - porsche community is where it's at. 

That particular car belonged to a well known member on typ 901 forum and that's where I believe it's availability was made public. 

Agree, not many cars reaching the more open/public/ mainstream advertising methods - porsche community is where it's at. 

my top tip is look closely at everyone's signature 

November 1993 build.  Probably came on the same boat as ByronBayChris's and Luke's!

Theo,

3.2's have a certain charm that is missing from more modern cars. 

Although I admit that charm dissipates quickly in heavy traffic, at slow speed and in 35 + degree  temperatures so I avoid the first two.

The answer actually may be similar to the reason why you have a 993 rather than a 996!

Unfortunately only if you have Dutton's selling it!

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/AGC-AD-18170864/?Cr=7

Peter, mine is November 93 build and an earlier vin.  Bizarrely, my adr compliance plate states 2/94 compliance whereas this one is 1/94 compliance.  Chris, is yours Nov build and what compliance date?

Could have been Bill.  While the frameless doors indicate "yes", I guess we would need to check the VIN to know for sure. 

I was hoping you were going to say you had a spare roof you wanted to give away!

From the photos it looks fantastic for the price, roof or no roof.

I'm liking the blue 930 converted to RS speck, would be a great hill climber. Alas the price 145k a little rich for me. As Symsy says they are not selling very quickly .Has Autohouse sold the Orange one ? 

A few have pointed out you can't build a hot rod today for less than 100k , doner car prices have sky rocketed. So perhaps anything around a 100 is worth considering.

I think the term 'hot rod' is getting used and thrown around a little too loosely..................

The scale of modification can vary so much in terms of the scope, depth and quality of the build - its not a case of comparing apples with apples. The orange Autohaus car looked like a nice quality restoration/back date with a worked motor, price was obviously right as it has now sold. 

The blue RSR rep on the other hand has had a whole heap more in terms of $$$ and development thrown at it - impossible to comprehend or appreciate without viewing the car or taking it for a drive. I believe its currently second in the overall WA Porsche championship (open) but am happy to be corrected on that, either way properly fast car even when compared to current GT3's etc. etc. 

Anyone serious about buying or building a 'hot rod' needs to get a handle on the varied degrees that this can be executed and understand what's involved prior to making generalisations about 'value'. Hard to find any decent air cooled car for less than 100k currently so finding one that's had another 100k+ thrown at it for less than 200k is still good buying any day of the week.................

Sorry for the rant but there just seems to be a lot of 'talk' on this particular 'hot rod' topic and I feel the need to give it some clarity. We are taking Porsche and modifying them does not come easily or cheaply and if anything they will be less and less of it as a result. 

Peace. :)

I think it might be the same car I spoke to him about buying nearly a year ago. He's on here too I believe... e72phil