Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Don't recent trends suggest, that first of all, the cashed up buyers will realize that there was initially a generation of G series with narrow bodies....bang....they are a must have!

Until they run out,and then it works its way up the chain.

Until they remember that they weren't galvanised but still have the impact bumpers.

Who knows?  Maybe all the chrome trim and narrow arches is the main thing.

How far north?

anyone want to make me an offer on my C2 manual? 92000kms.. aus delivery...:o

Stick it on car sales and see. Every time you get an offer, up the price and make sure there are no photos

Last one I know sold for $100k but that was at least 6 weeks ago ;) Now Duttons is wanting $110,000 for a C4

Fabulous looking! Saw the same on car sales this arvo  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-550-1955/OAG-AD-3037170/?Cr=0 after searching for one, coz I actually saw one in person in Box Hill this morn, my head nearly did a 360, double bootlid humps and chrome wheels was what stood out to me and geez it looked sensational, absolutely iconic, so small and lightweight looking.... Now if I could only con my girl to cough up an extra $30000 over the 993 cab we are after I'd be in heaven in that - even with a VW motor in it, well maybe not...... Seriously, you would have to put a Porsche motor in one of these if you went to the trouble and expense of building one??

Fabulous looking! Saw the same on car sales this arvo  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-550-1955/OAG-AD-3037170/?Cr=0 after searching for one, coz I actually saw one in person in Box Hill this morn, my head nearly did a 360, double bootlid humps and chrome wheels was what stood out to me and geez it looked sensational, absolutely iconic, so small and lightweight looking.... Now if I could only con my girl to cough up an extra $30000 over the 993 cab we are after I'd be in heaven in that - even with a VW motor in it, well maybe not...... Seriously, you would have to put a Porsche motor in one of these if you went to the trouble and expense of building one??

They don't weigh much, you'd be surprised. 

I am not entirely sure, but I think this 550 rep is the same car that was for sale in Perth a few months ago. I nice fella was selling both his 550 and his LHD 964 manual C4 (guards red). I think the 964 was for sale for mid 40's and he was asking high 40's for the 550....

I am not entirely sure, but I think this 550 rep is the same car that was for sale in Perth a few months ago. I nice fella was selling both his 550 and his LHD 964 manual C4 (guards red). I think the 964 was for sale for mid 40's and he was asking high 40's for the 550....

High 40's for the 550 would be a bit of a bargain? I mean I know it's a kit car sorta format and in other makes I think kit car replicas can swing wildly on price from one to the other ( cobras??) But there cant be hardly any of these around can there? and if done right would be worth comparable to a high end cobra? Or more $$$? Just out of interest what is a real one worth and how many are the in existence, anyone know?

High 40's for the 550 would be a bit of a bargain? I mean I know it's a kit car sorta format and in other makes I think kit car replicas can swing wildly on price from one to the other ( cobras??) But there cant be hardly any of these around can there? and if done right would be worth comparable to a high end cobra? Or more $$$? Just out of interest what is a real one worth and how many are the in existence, anyone know?

Real ones $$$ - not many - fox has one in captivity 

value proposition for a replica is deeply subjective at best. Andrew who has website typ550 has likely one of the more fastidious 550 replicas - find a  mcrae

Definitely well priced compared to this 993twin turbo 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-993-Twin-Turbo-1997-/191639745231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2c9e9e72cf

$300,000.00 really?? Surely it couldn't sell for that much?? For $300,000.00 I would want it to have been owned by Steve McQueen!

Actually Coastr I think you may be right, the $110k Autohaus car is a 95 percentile car due to its mileage and condition.  The $85k red '86 car at CTS is a 50 percentile car asking for slightly greater than median price.  Hence that's why it hasn't sold.

has anyone had a decent look at the garnet red car. Apart from the colour, what makes it a 50 percentile car? Interior looks very smart for age.

has anyone had a decent look at the garnet red car. Apart from the colour, what makes it a 50 percentile car? Interior looks very smart for age.

I agree it looks a nice car and actually like both the exterior and interior colours.  Not fussed on the colour of the carpets though but that can be easily changed or got used to. I'd take the Carrera scripts off the sides.

I reckon its a 50 percentile car because it in good condition and it has 200,000km.  If you pay a bit more you'll likely get a car with less km and better condition.  Pay a bit less and you'll likely have more km and lesser condition.  I'm trying to use a bell curve analogy here to model pricing based on condition. 

Some people have said they don't like the two screw repair in the glove box cover and being an '86 it will have the 207hp engine.  Both of which don't add up to anything in practice. 

Being "average" isn't a bad thing!

I just suspect it's over priced by $10k or $15k and that's the likely only reason why it hasn't sold yet.  

I agree it looks a nice car and actually like both the exterior and interior colours.  Not fussed on the colour of the carpets though but that can be easily changed or got used to. I'd take the Carrera scripts off the sides.

I reckon its a 50 percentile car because it in good condition and it has 200,000km.  If you pay a bit more you'll likely get a car with less km and better condition.  Pay a bit less and you'll likely have more km and lesser condition.  I'm trying to use a bell curve analogy here to model pricing based on condition. 

Some people have said they don't like the two screw repair in the glove box cover and being an '86 it will have the 207hp engine.  Both of which don't add up to anything in practice. 

Being "average" isn't a bad thing!

I just suspect it's over priced by $10k or $15k and that's the likely only reason why it hasn't sold yet.  

I saw it the other day. Nice looking car. I quite like the colour. Sounded good. I didn't look really closely. $85k is a lot of money. There'd be a few people who would gladly take $85k for their cars that aren't on the open market I'm sure. :)

Values again ……  What kind of ticket price would you put on a 993 S - TIP under 50,000kms , great condition , silver / blue interior   1996 ,   A person to person price rather than a top of town dealer price?

Values again ……  What kind of ticket price would you put on a 993 S - TIP under 50,000kms , great condition , silver / blue interior   1996 ,   A person to person price rather than a top of town dealer price?

autohaus just sold a manual s for $159k. This seemed like good value with others wanting closer to $200k. The question is what does tip do to the value. Very low kms and good colour combo though

In  regards to the Garnet Red Carrera it has been for sale twice at 65k and failed to sell.

Each time it was listed it seems to have been made to look like a different car

I remember this one before it had the script on it,  was listed in the mid to high 50s as I remember

had a quick look at it last week when I went to have a closer look at the 904

the colour is not that great, but it looks straight and original ....  did not look at any details, but if it had engine work done, the kilometres should not be a big issue ...  $85k is on the high end for this one and there may be better cars out there to throw this much $$ into  ....   

I remember this one before it had the script on it,  was listed in the mid to high 50s as I remember

had a quick look at it last week when I went to have a closer look at the 904

the colour is not that great, but it looks straight and original ....  did not look at any details, but if it had engine work done, the kilometres should not be a big issue ...  $85k is on the high end for this one and there may be better cars out there to throw this much $$ into  ....   

I liked it and would have gone over to nsw for a look but a car came up through word and mouth in melb which i bought.