Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Very, very, very, early 993. Carries over 964 blower motor and audio system, but in this case non original radio and rear speakers.

Call me anal, however this is a pet hate of mine when it comes to these cars. Nothing beats the period correct look of the audio.

At $115K with a few miles it is certainly up there......which makes me really happy.

I win - mine is older than this by more than 200 cars.   Would have been on the first shipment to Aus and sold at a premium.    $115k - $20 for tip......$95 for my tip ???

November 1993 build.  Probably came on the same boat as ByronBayChris's and Luke's!

Theo,

3.2's have a certain charm that is missing from more modern cars. 

Although I admit that charm dissipates quickly in heavy traffic, at slow speed and in 35 + degree  temperatures so I avoid the first two.

The answer actually may be similar to the reason why you have a 993 rather than a 996!

...$95 for my tip ???

Unfortunately only if you have Dutton's selling it!

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/AGC-AD-18170864/?Cr=7

I have to conform to this too. 

I was once looking for 'almighty, last of air the cooled 993'.. Got the chance to drive a 964 and then a 993 later. No more hunting for a 993 for me.

Quite scared about experiencing older Porsche's because my mind AND heart might go astray again...

I have to conform to this too. 

I was once looking for 'almighty, last of air the cooled 993'.. Got the chance to drive a 964 and then a 993 later. No more hunting for a 993 for me.

Quite scared about experiencing older Porsche's because my mind AND heart might go astray again...

keep going ;)

that 993 is brilliant. Great colour, hate the wheels though.

Excellent write up, good history.. sounds like a car that is well sorted and ready to enjoy.. 

Wonder if he would swap with me..

Hey Mike that is the second time in this thread that you ave wondered aloud about swap or an offer for your 964.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/SSE-AD-3413900

Fresh service, rego and new photos for the only 964 on carsales.

Certainly looks pretty good...

think hes been reading PFA..

"Very few manual 964's come onto the market, and on the internet everyone has an opinion and everyone is an arm-chair expert,"

also looks like he has fixed all items that were an issue when it was last listed

Yeah, I'm aware many people (most maybe?) consider the 993 the pinnacle of air cooled Porsche but for me it deviates too far from the original shape.  If I could afford it I'd be in a pre 74 911.  Next best thing for me is anything 74-89.

throughput the history of 911's evolution has meant there will always be a last of, whether it be last of the torpedo tube wings, air cooled motor, etc.  The 'quintessential' 911 has different meanings for different people.  Take your pick...

- 1967 the last SWB

- 1973 the last long hood

- 1989 last IB / torsion bar suspension

- 1993 last of the classic torpedo tube front wings

- 1998 last air cooled

- 2012 last non electric steering 

Me, I'll take one of each thanks.

throughpout the history of the 911's evolution has meant there will always be a last of, whether it be last of the torpedo tube wings, air cooled motor, etc.  The 'quintessential' 911, has different meanings for different people.  Take your pick...

- 1967 8 the last SWB

- 1973.5 the last long hood

- 1998 last air cooled

Edited by michel
pedant

1998-2004 (First and) Last of the Scrambled Eye head lights.

even rarer (desirable?) - only available 2002-2004. Before that was the 'boxter light'

throughput the history of 911's evolution has meant there will always be a last of, whether it be last of the torpedo tube wings, air cooled motor, etc.  The 'quintessential' 911 has different meanings for different people.  Take your pick...

- 1967 the last SWB

- 1973 the last long hood

- 1998 last air cooled

these Moderators are over paid ;)

think hes been reading PFA..

"Very few manual 964's come onto the market, and on the internet everyone has an opinion and everyone is an arm-chair expert,"

also looks like he has fixed all items that were an issue when it was last listed

Now just need to take some pre load off the front springs and add some to the rear.

the whole issue has been difficult for the seller, and a possible wake up call for all buying a car; as there is, are and will be more of this VIN duplication 'discovered' out in P world. This example has nothing to do with the last few owners , so likely to have occurred back in the good ole days and wasn't just the preserve of backyard privateers…in resolving this VICroads et al have looked at this car and have no issue with it.

However and despite a possible stigma attached for some, a police VIN would likely allay the jitters of any would be buyer. its a more than tidy car and the seller a straight up guy.

Edited by michel

Original RHD 3.0 Carrera 3.0 at Ecurie Bowdens:

http://ecuriebowden.com/1977-30-carrera-talbot-yellow

Rob

Yes I spoke to Steve about this car, 135k, it's got high Ks  and paint is not perfect. Looks nice in the pics but as we all know you can't tell from pics.

Edited by Spannerhead
Bad form