Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I just stopped by to post that one up... What a car! Must be difficult to know how to value something that rare?

cp4973509596080196569.thumb.jpg.59dfcacc

CTS got around 200k for one of these about 12 mths ago--and it was a sub 30k very straight car.  I wonder if it is the same one that CTS sold. I know 911 prices have got crazy on 911s lately, but if this is the same one that CTS sold then that is some price increase!

CTS got around 200k for one of these about 12 mths ago--and it was a sub 30k very straight car.  I wonder if it is the same one that CTS sold. I know 911 prices have got crazy on 911s lately, but if this is the same one that CTS sold then that is some price increase!

+ 1.

Agreed. Same with all Hotrod/backdates etc etc.

I reckon mine would come close to bucking the trend, not that I'm planning on selling of course :)

With the price of donor cars doubling in the last 12-18 months and the AUD going from $1 to $0.73, doing the project again would cost 1.5 times as much.

Given the market has gone nuts in the meantime I don't think it would be a stretch for me to recoup what I spent (or for anyone who has done a project in the last few years)

DEPOSIT TAKEN - PLEASE NO ENQUIRIES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Is this the first $100k+ C3.2?

Will be very interesting to see what the arrow blue SC goes for

I think you have to be a GT kind of guy. 

5atHU1Nwjro6Q8k8XnzU_ESJeTGGLDp_dS74UPrp

That non RS 911s are no longer pure sports cars is borne out by their inability to beat 944s in different disciplines at PCNSW trackdays. 

But we won't go there ;) Let's talk about repair bills and how that money invested at the trots or in spec apartments can bring better returns eh.

With all the 911 hysteria lately, did I miss the part of the story where good 356A coupes went north of $250K or does George have a hell of a hydro setup? http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3542588&Cr=2

Edit: I see this car was mentioned a few pages back, but there was little discussion on the price. 

Edited by Cal

I reckon mine would come close to bucking the trend, not that I'm planning on selling of course :)

With the price of donor cars doubling in the last 12-18 months and the AUD going from $1 to $0.73, doing the project again would cost 1.5 times as much.

Given the market has gone nuts in the meantime I don't think it would be a stretch for me to recoup what I spent (or for anyone who has done a project in the last few years)

Will be very interesting to see what the arrow blue SC goes for

5atHU1Nwjro6Q8k8XnzU_ESJeTGGLDp_dS74UPrp

Who knows you may be correct JV. Although it seems that what you are saying about recouping what you have spent has more to do with the rise in the market rather than your improvements increasing the cars value.

What us nay sayers mean by hotrods/backdates not being worth more than a standard/original car is just based on the following: Spend $40k on engine upgrades, spend $20k on special paint/panel changes & another $20k on other non factory stuff, therefore my car is worth at least $80k more. Really? I'm less than convinced.

I think any car will be worth more after this money has been spent & possibly more desirable (to a limited market) but not a direct uplift on what was spent = what its worth or more. 

Ian

Cant see the Arrow Blue SC on Carsales anymore.

I agree - 99% of the time people will lose money on a project. I guess I'm lucky to have been in the right place at the right time...a perfect storm if you like of a falling dollar and crazy market 

give yourself some credit JV911. You have created a 'unique porsche.' Now often this goes horribly wrong, but you pulled it off mate. The press coverage alone you have had massively protects/increases the value of your car. Then add in reputable mechanic/builder with an ever increasing profile like Autohaus and some collector would snap it up in a heart beat. 

Interesting... The profile of my cars creator has come under much scrutiny lately..... Yet values are not affected? They're increasing. 

Something like a phenomenon? 

Thank you AP! You're a legend... ? 

Edited by edgy

give yourself some credit JV911. You have created a 'unique porsche.' Now often this goes horribly wrong, but you pulled it off mate. The press coverage alone you have had massively protects/increases the value of your car. Then add in reputable mechanic/builder with an ever increasing profile like Autohaus and some collector would snap it up in a heart beat. 

Thanks for the kind words Tom :D