Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

84 Carrera 3.2 ragtop - $26k 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-2840778

At the current rate it's tempting to buy and hot rod, weld a roof on it.... Easy to install a full cage with the roof off too! 

or even just buy it and drive it around, enjoying the wind in your hair and the exhaust out the back?

What about a 1978 Arrow Blue SC for $94.9K? At the house of Hamilton.

Odd price in more ways than one.

Does the colour help?

Note the 89 is sold, asking was $109.9K

What is it with the 900 in loose change?

Edited by keg_guts

Does the colour help?

This one? http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale 

I think it is the same one that has been advertised for some time now, appears to have removed the BBS wheels and listed through AH... am I wrong? 

So what do the market gurus think that would that be worth in coupe form?

The trick with this is that it has to be a hot rod.  The vin will say targa or cab and common sense says to put some type of cage in if you're going to have a cut/shut roof.  So then the value will be related to how well the rest of the car is executed.  The question is, would the resulting car be worth more than the cab/targa it once was?  The market value for Frankenporsches is a very tricky one.  

So as the SC is often thought of as a good initiation to the 911 experience, does a SC at this price point raise the price bar?

I know it represents an asking price over a realised one and there is $$ work done but still a few years ago they were in the low to mid 30's.

Has the market moved that much? (sort of reflects Sydney real estate).

Does the colour help?

Note the 89 is sold, asking was $109.9K

What is it with the 900 in loose change?

the $100k SC is here

well, I'll be a monkeys uncle.  I'm speechless really.

The trick with this is that it has to be a hot rod.  The vin will say targa or cab and common sense says to put some type of cage in if you're going to have a cut/shut roof.  So then the value will be related to how well the rest of the car is executed.  The question is, would the resulting car be worth more than the cab/targa it once was?  The market value for Frankenporsches is a very tricky one.  

What I meant was , what is the $ difference between an original targa and a coupe of this vintage? In other words , what price for year round dry hair ? (Assuming hair in the average middle aged gent driving these)

Well ..... this feels like dejavu.  I feel like you and I have been here before Coastr and had this conversation before ....

Yeah but that was for 3.2 Carreras, wasn't it?  Or 964s or something?

I'll apply the customary $15k LHD and import discount and you can have mine for $80k.  Then you'll find me in a 993 cab and an m5.  Trading 6 cylinders and 200hp for 14 cylinders and 680hp.  Or maybe straight into a 996TT with a bit of loose change.

well, I certainly hope Autohaus have a quick sale on their hands.  Not that long ago I enquired about a $50k SC with them - maybe about page 200 in this thread.

i just don't know who is buying them at these prices.  You have to step past a very long queue of good cars at that price level to choose the SC.

I have noticed a certain 'evolution' among PFA members since joining 6 months ago ;)

disgust

denial

disbelief

reluctant discussion

gradual acceptance

new level of shock

"I'll sell my ___ (insert any old aircooled car) and get my self a turbo or a GT3 at these prices!!"

Love it!

Edited by turboT