Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I have noticed a certain 'evolution' among PFA members since joining 6 months ago ;)

disgust

denial

disbelief

reluctant discussion

gradual acceptance

new level of shock

"I'll sell my ___ (insert any old aircooled car) and get my self a turbo or a GT3 at these prices!!"

And some of us are perfectly happy with the current girth of our biceps :) It's how you use your Porsche that correlates most closely with contentedness, eh lads?

This one? http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale 

I think it is the same one that has been advertised for some time now, appears to have removed the BBS wheels and listed through AH... am I wrong? 

yep, it had gold BBS on it - didn't know it had been listed before though

yes was listed at close to 100k for quite a while. Beautiful looking car that seems to have had all of the right jobs done.

So on cabs. I've yet to see someone build a hod rod cabriolet with a full cage yet. Might be the next big thing :) 

a bit of singularity here bringing a few threads together - mysoginy, halo- hero and the colour grey  

but for comparisons 

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/05/14/cool-hand-hot-rod-paul-newmans-1963-vw-bug/

I have noticed a certain 'evolution' among PFA members since joining 6 months ago ;)

disgust

denial

disbelief

reluctant discussion

gradual acceptance

new level of shock

"I'll sell my ___ (insert any old aircooled car) and get my self a turbo or a GT3 at these prices!!"

Love it!

Porscheaholics Anonymous 7 step programme 

disgust

denial

disbelief

reluctant discussion

gradual acceptance

new level of shock

Love it!

I think I came in right at the disbelief.   The reason I bought my car when I did was because I could see the market getting away from me as it was. I do feel for the guys arriving now only to find that their plans have come to nothing because the market jumped quickly.  It's not like you can just settle for a mid-year or Targa anymore, either.

I did find an identical car to mine, down to color, options and mileage advertised for $80k in the UK, so I wasn't far off.

[obligatory] Worlds gone mad [/obligatory]

Speaking of settling on a Targa anymore

Did anyone see the 2.7 Targa that was advertised on Saturday from the Healey Factory circa $49K ? Apologies for the sketchy details as when I came back in the afternoon, it was no longer available. Do I take from that, this is where the market is content to purchase a Targa?

The mind still boggles with the lack of stock and how lightning fast it moves!!

the healey factory sold the targa for 49k + change.

Michael my good man, you must be the most in the know / finger on the pulse <insert any other description> Porsche aficionado there seems to be on this forum

How the heck do you do it?!!!

Michael my good man, you must be the most in the know / finger on the pulse <insert any other description> Porsche aficionado there seems to be on this forum

How the heck do you do it?!!!

Conceived on a showroom floor and regularly changes his oil. + not a lot going on in Canberra