Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I wonder if porsche dealers really know anything about old porsches...probably not

Yeah they do.

My 356 goes to Parramatta for servicing as Remo down there looks after it (he spanners on Ron Goodman's race cars), when I bought it I sent it to Porsche Melbourne so Peter Bowen could go over it.  Peter is the only Porsche technician based outside of Germany authorised to work on cars from the Porsche Museum.

cool!  I look forward to seeing what happens!

i hope you were happy with a description of 'seems tidy'?

mike - you were parked right in front of him, should have checked it out then and there.

So you posted this on PFA a few hours after we were chatting and TE911 bought it the same day?

Edited by Cal

So you posted this on PFA a few hours after we were chatting and TE911 bought it the same day?

yeah- lots of coincidences.  I walked up the road to look at mikes car - I recognised the wheels, then saw the yellow one so I took a photo thinking I might post it.  Got home after lunch and had to wait for a guy to pick up some racks I sold on ebay.  Because I was sitting there waiting I decided to post the pics up.  I would normally have left it until night or the next day.  By the time I checked back in next day to see if anyone had said anything, te911 posted it was already in Sydney !

looking back, a registered running 911 coupe for $35k...good buying in today's market.  Never found if it had the magical Australian compliance plate.

This looks suspiciously like the Shannons 911s that sold for 71k earlier in the year. Now supposedly $18k later wants $130k ! I guess its a nice car but I would not be willing to pay that for it. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1975/SSE-AD-3522722/?Cr=11

cp5330453864053102302.jpg

This looks suspiciously like the Shannons 911s that sold for 71k earlier in the year. Now supposedly $18k later wants $130k ! I guess its a nice car but I would not be willing to pay that for it. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1975/SSE-AD-3522722/?Cr=11

cp5330453864053102302.jpg

see other thread by f40-r 'selling some Porsches' 

Any idea how much that sold for... Darn that 3.2 looks nice in pictures... :(

That sold first through RSR for 75k. I could've got it for 68k but didnt meet my expectation after the flight. A guy in Melbourne bought and flipped it with asking price of 85k.

That Turbo 996 we were discussing sold. Hard to say how close he got to the $125 asking price but it sold pretty quick so you'd imagine close to it?

Yeah they are light on the ground.  No one wants tiptronics on the second hand market and it had <20k on the clock.  Good buying when you consider it amounts to less than 2k per year.

That sold first through RSR for 75k. I could've got it for 68k but didnt meet my expectation after the flight. A guy in Melbourne bought and flipped it with asking price of 85k.

the RSR car was bought and sold by the guy who was also selling a silver 930 (orig brown), I believe

i may be wrong

Edited by GUT
deleted incorrect info

Fibreglass and sunlight , i just dont like the mix , but looks good

yeah... That part of me agrees! 

Genuine Porsche coupe done outlaw style sounds like the right balance to me. :)  Must rat research this 911 4 cylinder contraption.... 

well that was a change of pace (literally). Saw a black (very rare apparently) 356 at CTS today. They had just sold it for $500,000....

that is no surprise... Speedsters are right up there in value, makes IB 911's look like chump change in comparison! 

Still looks the part! :) 

RSR has had a few bites of that 3.2 cherry. I owned that 3.2 a couple years ago bought from RSR for less than $50k. :(