Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Maybe it will be used for rebirthing a stolen car?? Don't know. But high prices in auctions for wrecks just doesn't add up

Yea you could be right... I bet it will re-shelled with the numbers transferred over 

After all its a complete car & Aus delivered matching numbers (i checked with PCM) email below 

Hi James, 

The Porsche you enquired about with the VIN: 91ZFS102647 and engine number: 63F10544 is a Guards Red (G1G1) Australian delivered 911 Coupe. 
It was sold from Melbourne on 10th August 1985 and the engine number matches the VIN supplied, at production. 
It had the options fitted Electric mirrors, Central Locking, 16" forged alloys, Electric Sunroof & A/C.

Kind regards,

Yea you could be right... I bet it will re-shelled with the numbers transferred over 

After all its a complete car & Aus delivered matching numbers (i checked with PCM) email below 

Hi James, 

The Porsche you enquired about with the VIN: 91ZFS102647 and engine number: 63F10544 is a Guards Red (G1G1) Australian delivered 911 Coupe. 
It was sold from Melbourne on 10th August 1985 and the engine number matches the VIN supplied, at production. 
It had the options fitted Electric mirrors, Central Locking, 16" forged alloys, Electric Sunroof & A/C.

Kind regards,

or it could be the auction house running up their car, they have been known to do it... time will tell if its pops up in the next auction run....

quick update as I couldnt talk to much prior until my porsche was picked up. Most of you are familiar with it as I posted some pics a while ago and asked some advice. so  as there never appears to be much feedback from people who sell their car and thought I would share. I was quite surprised the number of people interested in the car even though a deposit was taken. Site unseen and sold money in the bank within a few days fully paid for. The owner has 2 other porsches and not sure if mine will be kept or flipped. He did say it would be painted the original color as most people here did comment it would look magic if it was.

so if anyone has any question feel free to ask

on another note I have found this car recently and curious if anyone knows anything about it and if its worth investigating a little more.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3608093?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert

Also keen to hear other peoples thoughts on low km late 996s if manual is hard to come by what's the downfall if its a tip? thoughts on a standard 996 vs a 4s seem to be quite cheap or can they drop some more before they could become desirable?

Edited by Spike0761

on another note I have found this car recently and curious if anyone knows anything about it and if its worth investigating a little more.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3608093?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert

Also keen to hear other peoples thoughts on low km late 996s if manual is hard to come by what's the downfall if its a tip? thoughts on a standard 996 vs a 4s seem to be quite cheap or can they drop some more before they could become desirable?

The car is currently owned by a PFA member, worth giving him a call to discuss. 

Having gone down the Japanese route, yes they do get very pricey as the Japanese themselves have woken up to the 911 and prices are really climbing there.  I know this is history but the one in the link below sold the week after I got my 928 in Tokyo.  It would give you an idea of what the upper end of their market has been doing.

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/stock/show_car.php?id=1892

time to start bringing in some usa cars and getting used to LHD... or does the exchange rate stuff it up too much?

Bit late for that one as well....exchange rate and the yankees seem to have discovered that their cars were cheap and marked up the price for all the foreigners trying to drain their abundant supply.  Still, you can still get a nice 3.2 in for 35-45 k US, which is about $50-$70k AUD...then add about $10k or so to ship and register.  But you'd pick up a roughy for less than that.

I remember the days when shabby cars were $12k US which was $11k AUD :(

quick update as I couldnt talk to much prior until my porsche was picked up. Most of you are familiar with it as I posted some pics a while ago and asked some advice. so  as there never appears to be much feedback from people who sell their car and thought I would share. I was quite surprised the number of people interested in the car even though a deposit was taken. Site unseen and sold money in the bank within a few days fully paid for. The owner has 2 other porsches and not sure if mine will be kept or flipped. He did say it would be painted the original color as most people here did comment it would look magic if it was.

so if anyone has any question feel free to ask

Congrats on the sale.

It really is interesting to hear from sellers in the current market. I know as a 2 time buyer early this year, I've had to be quick and willing to commit virtually on the spot. That's a bit of a daunting prospect but has so far worked out well - I'm loving both the cars. I'm still looking out for something special so it's nice to know that if I stumble across the right opportunity, I could likely move one on pretty promptly.

And the Shannon's car was bought in May... Sold in September.. 

....:ph34r:

I'm assuming you are referring to my car, sorry to disappoint you but I decided to keep the car and pulled the ad. I listed it because I bought another toy and it was just taking up garage space. It was certainly an interesting experience trying to sell a classic Porsche. I've bought and sold several other classic cars but this was different. Only a few phone calls, two inspections and two genuine offers in the 75-80k range but countless dumb emails from lowballers to the point it was comical, lol. I really like the car and when it came to the crunch, didn't feel right selling it, so hanging onto it for now and the daily driver parks outside. I have my eye on something else (non Porsche) that I hope the owner will want to sell soon and then I will probably put it up for sale again. My own view is that there is still some growth left in the market based on buying and selling classic cars for a few years now. I'm not a dealer but purely an enthusiast that buys cars i like and then moves them on when I want to have fun with something else. We seem to lag behind what's happening OS by about 18months and although we've entered a buy cycle we ain't at the peak now. Some here lament the rising prices but I've seen this before with classic Ferraris I've had some of which have ended up overseas. Classic Porsches are world cars and they aren't making them anymore, the world population is increasing and new players are entering the classic car market (eg China - the last classic Ferrari I sold went to Hong Kong). So do the maths and get over it. Cheers

image.jpg

I'm assuming you are referring to my car, sorry to disappoint you but I decided to keep the car and pulled the ad. I listed it because I bought another toy and it was just taking up garage space. It was certainly an interesting experience trying to sell a classic Porsche. I've bought and sold several other classic cars but this was different. Only a few phone calls, two inspections and two genuine offers in the 75-80k range but countless dumb emails from lowballers to the point it was comical, lol. I really like the car and when it came to the crunch, didn't feel right selling it, so hanging onto it for now and the daily driver parks outside. I have my eye on something else (non Porsche) that I hope the owner will want to sell soon and then I will probably put it up for sale again. My own view is that there is still some growth left in the market based on buying and selling classic cars for a few years now. I'm not a dealer but purely an enthusiast that buys cars i like and then moves them on when I want to have fun with something else. We seem to lag behind what's happening OS by about 18months and although we've entered a buy cycle we ain't at the peak now. Some here lament the rising prices but I've seen this before with classic Ferraris I've had some of which have ended up overseas. Classic Porsches are world cars and they aren't making them anymore, the world population is increasing and new players are entering the classic car market (eg China - the last classic Ferrari I sold went to Hong Kong). So do the maths and get over it. Cheers

image.jpg

I think they were referring to F40's yellow car. Similar story though. Good on you though (and F40). Anyone that bought a car early this year would have done well on paper but most are having too much fun in them to want to move on. From what I understand F40 wants to trade up to something special - nothing wrong with that - a mans garage has limits ;) 

blue ZAG backdate no longer online...sold?

Another very nice SC at Autohaus: http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

About 200,000km, recently rebuilt engine, new AC and $95k.  Though the other blue SC is still for sale at the same price.

Sadly notice "my" unusually low mileage silver manual 996TT they had for $104k is gone before I could win the lottery.