Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The owner has a thing for grey if you check his house/garage. Not a Mr Happy colour is it?

no wonder we're nearly at 500 pages of this thread, we're now commenting on house colours BEHIND the car photos.....seriously?  I hope you are comforted to know there's some spotted gum and stone cladding out the front.....

Edited by DJM

I've heard the dealer in Hobart has a 12 month old v low km ex non-smoking dr's 911 that's got 78k of accessories and is 100k off the original price; just 225k. Could be a bargain/investment ; you don't see many yellow ones around and low numbers = collectability I believe. 

A Sydneysider got a bargain by travelling to country Tas and picking up that white vintage AC 911 last weekend.

http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-356-Pre-A-Outlaw~10865

So whats the measure of OUTLAW… I think Im looking for a the wildest of the west outlaws...

Not sure this one has any spurs and a big enough gun belt .

Lets not forget the single shooter tucked down the boot and a flick knife

This car seems to invite you to dinner , not a fight ;)

So whats the measure of OUTLAW… I think Im looking for a the wildest of the west outlaws...

As the Emory's wrote the book on outlaw 356 lets cross check it with one of his

outlaw

13-emory-356-outlaw-1.jpg

Special 

10-emory-356-special-1.jpg

I struggle to see how this Dutton car is either, could be the case of bitsa = Outlaw 

Nothing wrong with that ^^ cos = guilt free modding :D The basis of an Outlaw is generally a basket case car.... 

Edited by edgy

An outlaw is when you can't afford the genuine parts to make it 100% original. As we know , these are drug money to restore , even if you don't overrestore them like the concoction depicted. 100s of people poring the web everyday looking for obscure worn switches and the like...

emory might have wrote the first chapter...duttons added another

3922.jpg

3918.jpg

3920.jpg

3914.jpg

3906.jpg

3904.jpg

3900.jpg

I got a blood nose Michel for sure..

Good outlaw discussion , I reckon I can see one of those 356's with a big metal slash across the bonnet and call it Zorro or Zapata or something..and a wrap of bullet shells like the old western movies .. real Outlaw

Maybe like that dude on Barry Weiss on Storage Wars 

I gotta compete with the other bandit in town… Lock up your daughter's Aka the  Bandit Byron Bay Chris 

Rod Emory (as amazingly talented as he is) seems to sprout a lot of 'We did that first' kinda thing.  I reckon Porsche were modifying their cars before his grand dad was. Gmund anyone? Funny, as he just restored the original one, and called it the ultimate Outlaw in an interview. A bit like ol MW and his signature touches. Been done for years mate!

Rod Emory (as amazingly talented as he is) seems to sprout a lot of 'We did that first' kinda thing.  I reckon Porsche were modifying their cars before his grand dad was. Gmund anyone? Funny, as he just restored the original one, and called it the ultimate Outlaw in an interview. A bit like ol MW and his signature touches. Been done for years mate!

I don't know mate, his grandad was modding cars in the 40's and although they may not have adopted Porsche till the 60's/70's Rod is far from the "Johnny come lately". As the 3rd generation to continue the family tradition it is pretty damn impressive & inspiring to me!

They're not riding the coattail of a self made, viral, indie video!

Hell some car manufacturers haven't lasted as long! 

Having seen Gmund in the flesh, Porsche certainly built the ultimate outlaw for its time.