Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Cheap 964 c4 manual Cab on car sales it started at $38k now up to $42k http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-3484962/?Cr=5

I don't quite get how this works!!!!!!

How do you advertise at 38k & then the price keeps climbing.  Are interested parties calling saying, "Hey that looks great for 38k, I think i'll take it".   Seller - "Oh i'm sorry it has just jumped to 40k because you are interested in buying it at 38k".

Every time i've advertised a car it seems that people call & offer me the asking price & I say, "Great, thanks, sold".  They then pay me the amount agreed upon whereby the give me money & they drive away in the car. 

I assume it is something like the illegal real estate practice of price baiting where you deliberately advertise low to generate interest (among the sad, poor, empty pocketed bums like myself) then incrementally raise the price to stratospheric levels.

I'm going to advertise my MX5 for $18.30 & hope to get 74 thousand dollars.  Bids anyone??  ...........................anyone...........(insert sounds of crickets).  

Am i missing something at $200k... aren't there 3 or 4 others for sale at the moment at half the price?

There are 2 other E's I can see on Carsales but neither has the original engine.

Non matching '71 E at $90k

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1971/SSE-AD-3499293/?Cr=20

'70 E at $165k with Carrera motor

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-3517235/?Cr=37

What did this last, a day?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1971/OAG-AD-12205316/?Cr=3

UK, non OEM paint + interior, 200k. 

Just another typical Autohaus "lets advertise it for 10 minutes then mark it as sold and have everyone talk about it" advert.

Probably the best way to have on public record what they are selling cars for .... there is no way they sell cars that quickly

Just another typical Autohaus "lets advertise it for 10 minutes then mark it as sold and have everyone talk about it" advert.

Probably the best way to have on public record what they are selling cars for .... there is no way they sell cars that quickly

or maybe it goes like this......

buyer." We have a deal. $149,000"

Seller. ".   Leta run the ad at $199,999 to push the prices onwaeds and upwards."

Pretend converstation with wife

Me: So honey, there's a smorgasbord of long hood 911s at the moment but I can't decide which one to get.

Wife: Ok, so why is it so hard, they all look the same

Me: Well I could get a white one or an orange one but the steering wheel is on the wrong side. For a tiny bit extra, i could get a crappy blue looking one or a white one or a red one and I'd be able to get Maccas drive through as the steering wheel is on the correct side

Wife: How much extra?

Me: Well to be honest, it would be more than twice the price. An extra a $110,000

Wife: That's really not a lot extra to pay for the convenience of using the Maccas drive through but how about you choose the white or orange one with the steering wheel on the wrong side and we use the rest to buy a good portion of that holiday house in Lorne we always wanted.

some cars just look right

I hope Grant gives Scott the employee of the month award for this one. " delivered in its original colour of glacier blue". Whoah! News flash! Every car was delivered in its original colour! "The previous owner chose a colour close to Porsches Iris Blue" Well God damn it, that's close enough for me, where's my cheque book?

I hope Grant gives Scott the employee of the month award for this one. " delivered in its original colour of glacier blue". Whoah! News flash! Every car was delivered in its original colour! "The previous owner chose a colour close to Porsches Iris Blue" Well God damn it, that's close enough for me, where's my cheque book?

i ccan see a pattern here

i thoight my 72 looked just right when I bought it. Never thought it would appreciate much, but hey !

Do I test the market ?

Test it , blow the barn doors off mate , the market is full of push up bras or should that be push up cars..  you part with lots of money …are promised a life long journey of excitement and then you either break down on the way home or are told there is traffic and a snarl up and not to take that route the tunnel is closed 

Yoda - Do or do not there is no try 

I don't quite get how this works!!!!!!

How do you advertise at 38k & then the price keeps climbing.  Are interested parties calling saying, "Hey that looks great for 38k, I think i'll take it".   Seller - "Oh i'm sorry it has just jumped to 40k because you are interested in buying it at 38k".

Every time i've advertised a car it seems that people call & offer me the asking price & I say, "Great, thanks, sold".  They then pay me the amount agreed upon whereby the give me money & they drive away in the car. 

I assume it is something like the illegal real estate practice of price baiting where you deliberately advertise low to generate interest (among the sad, poor, empty pocketed bums like myself) then incrementally raise the price to stratospheric levels.

I'm going to advertise my MX5 for $18.30 & hope to get 74 thousand dollars.  Bids anyone??  ...........................anyone...........(insert sounds of crickets).  

Nigerian bid here.