Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I don't get how he thinks he can sell it at 158k when he couldn't sell it for 100k... and that spoiler :wacko:

Surely the market has risen since it was advertised at $100k?

My take on it is that it only takes one person to want / buy it ..... Us Porscheaholics aren't the only ones buying cars .....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-2830465/?Cr=4

Now $158k!!! I remember this being under $100k! And he says he needs to sell it soon :/

i thought it was overpriced at $100k years ago. Mabe he felt the market was closing in on his ask......and he wants to keep it

i thought it was overpriced at $100k years ago. Mabe he felt the market was closing in on his ask......and he wants to keep it

it's been for sale for a long long time. There was even a brief stint at $90k, maybe even $80k.

$158k seems a tad optimistic. It gives a little room for negotiation I guess 

They all go up eventually. 928 prices are heading north in Europe from all accounts and they aren't dropping in price downunder from what I've noticed. 

I wonder what will happen with the modern "not a 911" models. I've noticed a few 981 Boxsters fall below $90k on carsales, and early 987 boxsters seem to be moving below $40k. The 981 has a lot of depreciation left in it but the 987, I wonder if it will flatten out at some point in a few years at maybe $25k? 

I wonder what will happen with the modern "not a 911" models. I've noticed a few 981 Boxsters fall below $90k on carsales, and early 987 boxsters seem to be moving below $40k. The 981 has a lot of depreciation left in it but the 987, I wonder if it will flatten out at some point in a few years at maybe $25k? 

6 x 986's bellow $15k at the moment. All modern cars depreciate unfortunately, most to extinction. 996's are dropping to the $30k mark, and will probably go further. Nostalgia, scarcity and the band wagon are why most 911 prices have risen. I don't unfortunately think Boxter values will flatten out at $25k. Most will depreciate to the point where their new owners can't afford the $1000pa service bills, when they only paid $10k for the car in the first place, and they will eventually die. The survivors, owned by passionate people, who love their cars may, just may, see improved value in the future, but its 20 years away.

The survivors, owned by passionate people, who love their cars may, just may, see improved value in the future, but its 20 years away.

The next MX5? How the mighty will have fallen from grace. More's the point , how will the public/gubment view fossil-fuelled cars in 20 years? 

The cost of owning an old car might be prohibitive, and they may be banned from city areas. Or not.

When electric cars become ubiquitous, who's going to care about these slow fossil fuel powered fossils? They just won't keep up in performance. The only things in their favour will be romanticism, sound and smell - will that be enough to sustain value? For me, yes. For the next generation, maybe not 

The next MX5? How the mighty will have fallen from grace. More's the point , how will the public/gubment view fossil-fuelled cars in 20 years? 

The cost of owning an old car might be prohibitive, and they may be banned from city areas. Or not.

At some point they will be about as fashionable as smoking is today.... Ride that out and they might have a comeback, depending how far underwater we end up!

Agree that self driving cars will eventually mean DIY is banned, just too unsafe. Private tracks with on site storage will be the go I think. Basically like horses today.

Edited by JWM

There is no way in a fit driverless cars will be on the road in my lifetime! Same as all electric cars unless they're just for city use. No doubt the idiotic SA government will try to implement a ban on cars in the future. Idiots

There is no way in a fit driverless cars will be on the road in my lifetime! Same as all electric cars unless they're just for city use. No doubt the idiotic SA government will try to implement a ban on cars in the future. Idiots

been testing them for a few years now mate. I know you're pretty old but they still might make it in your life time, unless you are planning on going out like a rockstar sometime soon ;) 

with regards electric cars - see at least half a douzen Tesla's on my way to work at the moment but I am 'city folk.'

Edited by turboT

driver-less cars are the beginning of the end

for:

speeding fines, Highway Patrol, RBT/drug tests, DUI, reckless driving, fatigue related accidents, Gov't revenue (but I am sure they will compensate themselves), drivers licences, panel beaters, car racing, car theives, burn outs (skids to you youngens)….the list goes on.

Imagine the early 70's with driverless panel vans……… ;)

Driverless electric cars...that's one step down from a train!

Give me the clip clop of iron clad hooves and the smell of fresh manure anyday.

And by all means call me old fashioned, I promise not to get up your nose ;)

Looks like theres still a bevvy of opportunity, for our recklessness… you might even say Rare opportunities

Not many have gone on sale ..YET..we will have to wait till Myers, DJ's  and Hardly Normal Elecronics sales frenzy has gone flat and we can then move back onto the cars.

A few 911 E/T's although some are extra terrestrial 

A pile of TT's , thats like 10% of the owners have orphaned their puppy ..never seen so many at crazy prices.

A few GT3 's  and even a GT2 monster and the rock your world prices of the RS 's 

I think a new years countdown might be in order .

I wonder if you can still get done for DUI in a driverless car ?;) What will happen to traffic Police,B) Or if you are in the bank Robbing trade What about the getaway car :D  will there still be a drive in the country :o, How do you go Cruzin:) I dare say the new "Outlaw" will have his/her fuel burner in the shed. 

Edited by tomo