Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

looks a lot of car for the money. The high kms and import status will make it a complete arse to sell on though. 

I think an Australian delivered 04 or 05 997 s could be found for a few more dollars. I had an 05 carrera S which I loved. Great cars and as reliable as granite underpants. 

a friend picked up an 06 997s a few months back for $95k (aussi car) with less than 60,000kms. A really great looking car. Well worth the few extra dollars. 

Has anyone looked at this: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cooroy/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-928-coupe/1100870619

It's dropped from $15k to $13500 already. Paint and seat though.....

I have considered and he has dropped his price quickly, maybe a bit eager to sell?

May get away with just one seat but more likely 2, say $2k? Rest of the interior looks good though. Plus paint and what ever else you find, if you can get cheap enough could be a good one??

He is selling a heap of 928 parts as well.

There are a couple more S4s for sale out there, but why do just about all 928s for sale have such shitty photos in the ads!!??

looks a lot of car for the money. The high kms and import status will make it a complete arse to sell on though. 

I think an Australian delivered 04 or 05 997 s could be found for a few more dollars. I had an 05 carrera S which I loved. Great cars and as reliable as granite underpants. 

My 2c. If you bought it, you would be getting it for a fair amount less than an Aus' car. You just have to factor in that when you sell it you will have to sell it cheaper too. It will always resell though, as you would have the benefit of being the cheapest 997 on the market. 

It is built in the same place, and as long as it is rust free you are getting the same car for a bargain, just because of a perception.

I have considered and he has dropped his price quickly, maybe a bit eager to sell?

May get away with just one seat but more likely 2, say $2k? Rest of the interior looks good though. Plus paint and what ever else you find, if you can get cheap enough could be a good one??

He is selling a heap of 928 parts as well.

There are a couple more S4s for sale out there, but why do just about all 928s for sale have such shitty photos in the ads!!??

Wouldn't touch that one - no love expended on that car.  Anyone who'd let a seat bolster get like that and then advertise the car doesn't deserve a Porsche.  Rest of the car is commensurately poor - if it looks that bad in photos, it's much worse in the flesh...

Wouldn't touch that one - no love expended on that car.  Anyone who'd let a seat bolster get like that and then advertise the car doesn't deserve a Porsche.  Rest of the car is commensurately poor - if it looks that bad in photos, it's much worse in the flesh...

That was my thinking....

hi snake, 

i have watched this car, I think it's cheap mainly due to the Kim's on it. But having owned a 997 I think they are a great car. It looks clean but until you eyeball it in the flesh you never know. 

I had a very quick look at it the other day, but it was in an indoor car park with poor light so wasn't able to judge the paintwork. I also didn't drive it because I had my toddler with me. Exhaust sounds pretty good on startup (although my toddler said it was too loud and that I therefore should not buy it!).  Interior looked ok and has extended leather. It is at Clayton Bespoke (http://www.claytonbespoke.com.au). They seemed ok and would probably send you more pictures if you wanted them. 

It was too many kilometres for my liking. 

On on the subject of 997s anyone know anything or have any views about this (including the price)? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-3663032/?Cr=20

Really appreciate the feedback on this one guys.

I emailed the dealer and explained that I'm in Melbourne, so admittedly before I decided to book a flight up to view the car, I had a few questions about service intervals, import history and overall condition... certainly within my right to ask these question and expect some feedback. Unfortunately their reply didn't acknowledge a single question I had and simply stated:

"I suggest you book a pre purchase inspection with Porsche South Sydney or State roads vehicle inspections." 

This left a very suspicious and sour taste in my mouth...so I've decided to walk away.

Moving on! In Melbourne, Weltmeister have a Carrera with a couple of goodies. A bit of a higher price, but much lower Kms.  Any one have any recommendations/thoughts or insight on this one? Looks clean so I may view on the weekend 

http://www.weltmeister.com.au/sales/detail/93/porsche/911.html

cheers,

Edited by 911 Snake

Really appreciate the feedback on this one guys.

I emailed the dealer and explained that I'm in Melbourne, so admittedly before I decided to book a flight up to view the car, I had a few questions about service intervals, import history and overall condition... certainly within my right to ask these question and expect some feedback. Unfortunately their reply didn't acknowledge a single question I had and simply stated:

"I suggest you book a pre purchase inspection with Porsche South Sydney or State roads vehicle inspections." 

This left a very suspicious and sour taste in my mouth...so I've decided to walk away.

Moving on! In Melbourne, Weltmeister have a Carrera with a couple of goodies. A bit of a higher price, but much lower Kms.  Any one have any recommendations/thoughts or insight on this one? Looks clean so I may view on the weekend 

http://www.weltmeister.com.au/sales/detail/93/porsche/911.html

cheers,

I'd expect a reply like that for a $5000 car, but not for a $70,000 car!

Correct Answer;"I suggest you book a pre purchase inspection with Porsche South Sydney or State roads vehicle inspections."  He is a car dealer not a mechanic;) :)

That is true tomo, he's just a $alesman.

However considering I'm a potential sale (customer), asking some basic questions from interstate and looking to spend money to fly up and visit the dealership... I would have thought a little more effort on the customer service front (I'm talking a simple email here) would have been appreciated. Certainly not asking him to pull the engine out for me and give me a full analysis.

Edited by 911 Snake

I had a very quick look at it the other day, but it was in an indoor car park with poor light so wasn't able to judge the paintwork. I also didn't drive it because I had my toddler with me. Exhaust sounds pretty good on startup (although my toddler said it was too loud and that I therefore should not buy it!).  Interior looked ok and has extended leather. It is at Clayton Bespoke (http://www.claytonbespoke.com.au). They seemed ok and would probably send you more pictures if you wanted them. 

It was too many kilometres for my liking. 

On on the subject of 997s anyone know anything or have any views about this (including the price)? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-3663032/?Cr=20

So mine is the near identical one listed on carsales next to it with similar kms (although different colour) - had it on there for 2 days and first viewer offered full asking price (pending PPI) and I have had 3 people offering over asking price and a stupid number of calls.

I think it looks a great car - I am think the interior colour might be worrying a few people

As for that import - I wouldn't go near it

So mine is the near identical one listed on carsales next to it with similar kms (although different colour) - had it on there for 2 days and first viewer offered full asking price (pending PPI) and I have had 3 people offering over asking price and a stupid number of calls.

I think it looks a great car - I am think the interior colour might be worrying a few people

As for that import - I wouldn't go near it

Thanks for your help. Agree re the interior colour. Looks a bit cheap and is a bit much on a silver car. Assume yours is the black one in Centennial Park. Looks very nice, I just couldn't handle another black car

Thanks for your help. Agree re the interior colour. Looks a bit cheap and is a bit much on a silver car. Assume yours is the black one in Centennial Park. Looks very nice, I just couldn't handle another black car

it is mate - i just didnt want to be flaunting around the advertising rules on here.

i love the car, but renovations mean i am garageless for 6months and i cant do it a- to this car and b- to a black car!!

I looked for 9 months or so and really only came across black ones that were to my level of comfort on km and condition.

although that 07 997 GT3 is tempting....

Im jetlagged so excuse the old review , just caught up my 6 pages .. but thats well priced yes ?

Now I have seen one of these cars in action …they are mind blowing.. maybe not so collectable as the last school of manual GT3  but really mindblowing 

Im jetlagged so excuse the old review , just caught up my 6 pages .. but thats well priced yes ?

Now I have seen one of these cars in action …they are mind blowing.. maybe not so collectable as the last school of manual GT3  but really mindblowing 

The only downside would be that it will stop you looking for other cars.