Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

poor guys had the full wrath of PFA today. Reminds me of my first ever post...

sarcastic blows from every direction

tassie doing his best to confuse

and peterM PMing me to let me know it wasn't always that bad

nothings changed really :) 

happy to have been a part of the confusion.

i never got a pm when I started here :'(  maybe that's because I started without a Porsche and so was unterklasse!

Oh I'm a huge turbo fan, just ones that a one legged gent can't drive

which meets all the requirements of a modern gent. Have you seen those air cooled gypsies? Ruff ;) 

Grrrrrrr, Eye'd like te place a deposit on ye ol 997 Turbo thar....subject to PPI of course. (Pirate's Parrot Inspection)

pirate-pegleg.jpg

Grrrrrrr, Eye'd like te place a deposit on ye ol 997 Turbo thar....subject to PPI of course. (Pirate's Parrot Inspection)

pirate-pegleg.jpg

gypsies...not pirates

they usually have all their limbs, but very few teeth. The discerning PDK drivers amongst them (free hand and leg usually wrapped around a close relative) have mouths full of gold. 

only 7?

Quote of the day

"those who hail from the draconian era of automotive operation will invariably battle fiercely in favour of the manual, yet they are quite obviously (and ever so humorously) wrong."

Satisfaction should never be measured in milliseconds.

I love these discussions where EVERYONE knows that there can be no universal conclusion reached nor any new information tabled that could sway any currently held views.

My suggestion is that you simply acknowledge that both transmissions have advantages the other doesn't and own one of each.

i never got a pm when I started here :'(  maybe that's because I started without a Porsche and so was unterklasse!

Coastr,

Happy to send you an affirming PM anytime but I've noticed that you hold your own quite well on this forum.

I really don't think it was me that PM'd Tom encouragement as I'm really not that nice and suggest it was someone kindly like Steve F, D Banger or any of the 944 guys. 

Edited by Peter M
making it up as I go along...

I love these discussions where EVERYONE knows that there can be no universal conclusion reached nor any new information tabled that could sway any currently held views.

not EVERYONES trying to flog a PDK Pete :) 

next time I sell a manual I'll be more than happy to talk up its benefits ;) 

The reality is both have their uses. If I was a standard GT3 owner I am pretty sure I'd feel the same about having a manual, but they are not exactly a daily drive car. In an RS...then I might think twice about the value of my car and take Porsches advice that I might need a little assistance changing gears. That said, if it's just going to sit in your garage/collection and get driven twice a year, I guess it doesn't matter. 

Most p-car owners who buy a modern car (unless it's for the track) expect to go for a drive in any weather condition, in all traffic conditions and expect to be safe and comfortable and PDK is just another modern aid to help deliver this. Definitely not a purists point of view, but means Porsche get to sell the quantity of cars they do. 

Yeah...PDK...who'd want that...looks lame...bloody sheila's car.

Most sensible gents would say you can have a sit and take a selfie,  but please don't touch the controls. Only people with confirmed intellectual horsepower are allowed to drive my cars!

Most sensible gents would say you can have a sit and take a selfie,  but please don't touch the controls. Only people with confirmed intellectual horsepower are allowed to drive my cars!

Thats what I love about Tasmania - a little slice of the world, almost like a timecapsule, caught in the 1950's........

:lol: