Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It's been listed for sale as long as I can remember. Can't imagine why it hasn't sold...:blink:

GUT people seem to be following your seat style seat your such a trend setter

But have you got a subwoofer mate ..fully sick bro

Seriously you would you check out those alloy wheels in the front door pretending to be speakers , what golf trolley they off

I read the guys advert about serious .before I looked at the photos.seriously is he serious with that interior and SCHTEERIO mate , I think the car needs some SCHTIKERS and some serious extra rev counter action and boost gauge

GUT people seem to be following your seat style seat your such a trend setter

But have you got a subwoofer mate ..fully sick bro

Seriously you would you check out those alloy wheels in the front door pretending to be speakers , what golf trolley they off

I read the guys advert about serious .before I looked at the photos.seriously is he serious with that interior and SCHTEERIO mate , I think the car needs some SCHTIKERS and some serious extra rev counter action and boost gauge

Subbies are definitely on the list. Saw a sick boombox at Crime Converters that I'm saving up for.

But yeah - if he just swapped out the seats, ripped out the stereo and put original door cards on, he might stand half a chance of selling it, at half the price (on a good day)

If you like this sort of thing, the body looks good in the pics. Maybe good from afar but far from good. Or maybe it is actually good.

Subbies are definitely on the list. Saw a sick boombox at Crime Converters that I'm saving up for.

But yeah - if he just swapped out the seats, ripped out the stereo and put original door cards on, he might stand half a chance of selling it, at half the price (on a good day)

If you like this sort of thing, the body looks good in the pics. Maybe good from afar but far from good. Or maybe it is actually good.

Yes a stock 993 interior would  improve his chances , a long with a 993 donk to make it a bit more believeable 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1983/SSE-AD-2917785

This has been sitting for ages, thought it would have fired someone up by now 

to be fair, there is a possibility of a good car under there trying to escape some poor taste choices.  Cut the price in half maybe.

Who likes carbon-fiber..?

Meh..

it's probably not as bad in person as it is in flash photography.  The issue with these early cars is the rubbery stuff turns to goo.  See also Ferrari 355.  I'd probably just go with a gloss black or gunmetal to fix it up.

in fact, I've wondered about starting a modern plastic parts restoration service.  Lots of polycarbonate lights going hazy and rubberised plastic interior panels getting funky and scratched.  Work out some techniques for refinishing and I think there will be demand going forward.  Every car from 1999 onwards is full of the stuff.

in fact, I've wondered about starting a modern plastic parts restoration service.  Lots of polycarbonate lights going hazy and rubberised plastic interior panels getting funky and scratched.  Work out some techniques for refinishing and I think there will be demand going forward.  Every car from 1999 onwards is full of the stuff.

My ML Merc has the clear rubbery coating on the steering wheel buttons, it starts to peel and look and feel like crap (common problem), I heard of a solution on a US forum of removing this film with Goo Gone or similar. I tried it and now looks great, no "soft feel" any more and the plastic under the coating just looks normal . Just takes a little time.... :)

My ML Merc has the clear rubbery coating on the steering wheel buttons, it starts to peel and look and feel like crap (common problem), I heard of a solution on a US forum of removing this film with Goo Gone or similar. I tried it and now looks great, no "soft feel" any more and the plastic under the coating just looks normal . Just takes a little time.... :)

Where do you get Goo Gone? I have the same issue with my ML. It looks shite!

I believe good old prepsol removes that rubberised coasting also. I dont understand why manufacturers put this crap in their cars!

It probably does but may take the text off the switch/ button as well?

The consensus was that you need something less aggressive, does mean it will take longer but not attack the lettering.

Sat in a mates Alpha last year and the dash was literally melting. It was like all of the plastic that was once solid had become slightly molten. Got to love the Italians ;) 

+1 - the rubber around the headlight switch is all sticky - will give it a small test and see how it goes.

+1 - the rubber around the headlight switch is all sticky - will give it a small test and see how it goes.

if the car is still under warranty the dealer will replace it. Happened on a friends x5. Bmw replaced the steering wheel without too much fuss. 

Ok, yes I take onboard you views, opinion and advice.  You do not appear to have taken away with you a subtle message in my post,.  But to make it clearer, I suggest  you "actually" read this one.  Its longish , but  a taaaaaad shorter than the last. 

If you are still annoyed, after reading this,  send in a complaint to /  stir the populous in a frenzy and lobby the moderator to squeeze in some "fine" print into the forum guidelines that users who post  to thread are restricted to 10 lines and all posts must not be annoying to every reader who cares to read a post.  I may unknowingly miss that forum rule on my next couple of posts,  so contravention = offence  = barring = good riddens = no annoying posts to look at  because I am the only smartarse and sarcastic prick that posts annoying posts in this thread.

BUT SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Have you considered  that another current user or users may equally get annoyed (even perhaps be amused at the same time ) when they read a post  such as yours, that is quick to assume and offers some well thought out advice given full bottleness of the facts about someone’s situation in absence of hardly anything  being disclosed (I'm was buyer in the market for a 996tt , been seriously looking for the last seven months (first three nothing available), have a budget of circa 100k because that's all I think they are worth, haven't driven Porsche let alone a  996tt turbo, but been in a 996GT2 as passenger) and making obvious assumptions in the absence of asking  questions to perhaps get some detailed info from which you can then perhaps offer up some credible advice or opinion that is not annoying.

Not convinced your advice had / has any relevance given my actual situation based on noting the following:

No need to try (drive) a 996tt before buying one in my particular case.  I think your view on me perhaps being overwhelmed with the performance of  996tt was somewhat premature.  Based on my current situation, OVERWHELMED = feeling I got when I got out of my daily as passenger (yes in the ilk of the Golf, Corolla or Barina in terms of what the car costs in stock guise) and got into a 996GT2 (sporting a bit of additional sugar and spice) as a passenger with the same driver behind the wheel for a back to back comparison .  Not unfamiliar with torque steering on a street car, but GEEZE that was just an experience at another level.

I have it on extremely good authority that the first time I do drive a 996tt it will have already been registered and insured in my name.  The thinking will be 180 degrees in the opposite direction to what you have offered up.  Have you entertained the thought that I may feel a level of being UNDERWHELMED with boost and torque available in the 996tt in stock guise down low in the rev range up to circa 3500 rpm - 4000rpm after the first time I drive it back to back with my daily (Corolla?).  

Some disclosure and something that is interesting. My daily (Corrola?????) has been known to torque steer on the odd occasion, particularly when inadvertently seeing short boost spikes of circa 27psi going through two twins snails that are well proven to deliver over 500HP (530ps) / provide enough torque to be on the limit of bending stock rods (based on my research, and talking to people that this has happened to, their is  jack shit difference in torque levels known to bend stock rods in Megzer motor and my daily's stock rods which is at levels of circa 550 crank hp coupled with  high levels of torque (generally at mid rpm range) and high boost based on aggressive tuning /  lean fueling. Anything under that all generally rods will stay relatively straight)

PS  I never said in that post, I hadn't brought one, or don't own one, I just answered the questioned posed.  At the time, I was yet to "actually" pick one up and haven't driven one.    If I was asked if I brought one, the first sentence in that  post would have been different.  If you read the post, I do note I haven't picked it up or driven it in the body of the post.  Hint Hint , The 996tt I have purchased which got put on a truck today and was removed of car sales today

Note: I did read your post and I did note the  spelling of Corrola (Corolla) and Barrina (Barina), but acknowledge like myself don't give a toss about spelling in this arena. 

ML_zpsuhxnvmx4.jpg

It probably does but may take the text off the switch/ button as well?

The consensus was that you need something less aggressive, does mean it will take longer but not attack the lettering.

you could be right there. I was planning on using it in areas where there is no text (mainly the sill plastics).

Mercs… nearly as bad as bad grammar ,spelling , bad copy , brow beatng about long posts , my typing 

Tonight I will pray that the market bounces back to life and we see less cars with red seats ..no offence GUT yours rocks and that CLAYWONG is forever forgiven for making a profit on selling a car and SMIT is welcomed to the Porsche ownership experience.

If we dont get market movement I might neck myself in the TT to get red seats ;)