Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Looks like my flipped 'common red' c4 didn't sell after all. Back on the market with a $1k price drop. Sold it to them for $90k so anyone interested, you now have some negotiation room ;) 

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/OAG-AD-12467745/?Cr=2

in other news......

Might just have sold the 997tt. Nice gent from Bondi with a 3.2 who doesn't mind mixing a bit of air and water. 9 day marketing campaign seems to have paid off :) 

@hugh

996 MK1 GT3 Clubsport.

Listed at $92K - - - -  Quickly jumped to $135K.

Probably still cheap... First of the GT3s... 

If I were in the market i'd be looking at this.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3884654?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

cp5734250857715117290.jpg?aspect=FitWith

I spoke with the owner last night, seems like a good guy. He told me of the price change and how he was out of touch with the market due to living overseas. I reassured him his new price is more indicative of where the current market is at and that his initial price was very 2014. 

Seems like a good car, only 2 owners and current owner has had it since 6000kms, done some PCQ club days, clean over revs and welcomes PPI. 

As of yesterday evening full ask was best offer, I'd suggest this car is stellar buying at that price and anywhere in the mid 100's... it is a rare opportunity to buy what is one of Porsches lowest production of modern RHD 911.  Low km's too 

There was only 308 RHD delivered globally of these... they are RARE. If your on the fence, don't be a stooge over a few grand, just buy it... I was considering buying it myself :lol: but I woke up this morning with my heart in a different place. 

Edited by edgy

^^^ I believe the car is now sold. Game over. 

Was he to get back to you on your offer? It couldn't have lasted long at that price. 

Looks like that Lapis Blue 997 GT3 is now at RSR Garage! Finally bought up.

Link? 

You know this is the 2nd time I been in the process with a blue GT3 only to have it show up at RSR. :lol: 

Maybe I should avoid blue cars for now.

So as promised I  got booted up this morning and was stalled mid hunt for " The Shark.. not a great white, a great black".

For the 928 moochers.. the dude with the black on black manual gumtree special ..stalled my visit and  informs me it runs fine on Aerostart…literrally … he is also aware of the silver/blue car with the super charger.. sounds like , he just started surfing those 928 waves before we started to buy into them on the forum.  Told me it had a cheap supercharger ..whatever that means….and a shitty interior.

Im not really in that market but probably need to do PFA  community service for my, speeding suggestions, sarcasm , bad typing and more… I have the VIN etc , email me at stevesyms@gmail.com if you want the pictures of these from the car.  I confirm , under dash is spaghetti mess as described by seller.  It also has no history , zilch , none . except a Vic plate , on old one so thers a slim chance its an Aussie.

Maybe your one of the 8 people who have called him…either way , if you email me , I promise not to kiss and tell, I know there is sometimes a cagey game of poker behind the scenes , im just an observer unless you got a perfect mint one at 20 grand.. I got enough projects and this one aint spicy enough

Forever In your service SYMSY

So as promised I  got booted up this morning and was stalled mid hunt for " The Shark.. not a great white, a great black".

For the 928 moochers.. the dude with the black on black manual gumtree special ..stalled my visit and  informs me it runs fine on Aerostart…literrally … he is also aware of the silver/blue car with the super charger.. sounds like , he just started surfing those 928 waves before we started to buy into them on the forum.  Told me it had a cheap supercharger ..whatever that means….and a shitty interior.

Im not really in that market but probably need to do PFA  community service for my, speeding suggestions, sarcasm , bad typing and more… I have the VIN etc , email me at stevesyms@gmail.com if you want the pictures of these from the car.  I confirm , under dash is spaghetti mess as described by seller.  It also has no history , zilch , none . except a Vic plate , on old one so thers a slim chance its an Aussie.

Maybe your one of the 8 people who have called him…either way , if you email me , I promise not to kiss and tell, I know there is sometimes a cagey game of poker behind the scenes , im just an observer unless you got a perfect mint one at 20 grand.. I got enough projects and this one aint spicy enough

Forever In your service SYMSY

The VIN will quickly tell you were it is from. Not in the market myself as I have just bought one, may send you an email symsy...

yes I am selling it, I bought a few cars and thought I'd let go of a few more... My tastes keep changing until I reach what I want to reach... i.e I feel like I want a 930 and it has to be an early one, so I'm paving the way.

Another early manual 928 close to you symsy! If you can decipher the ad.... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/crestmead/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928/1105204641

Followed Symsy's example and put on my tyre-kicking thongs (it is Qld, after all!) and went to visit this beauty...

The good: 5 speed manual, motor runs albeit without exhaust manifolds, Bilstein suspension, looks new-ish, supercharger (not fitted)

Not so good: bodywork (think MFX project car with lots of bog), interior won't respond to a bit of Leatherique or Armor-All, fusebox in pass footwell id a spagetti and has missing or broken relays, windscreen cracked in 2 places.

PM me if you want more details or pics, although pics are limited because of close confine of car accommodation.

Edited by Rob

yes I am selling it, I bought a few cars and thought I'd let go of a few more... My tastes keep changing until I reach what I want to reach... i.e I feel like I want a 930 and it has to be an early one, so I'm paving the way.

Shady has an Early one for sale. Thin pickings here, but quite a few overseas

I am surprised yours has sat for as long as it has to be honest given the yellow one sold at 225K so quickly. 14,000kms is not a lot less than 30,000 but I feel your car would present better if they advertised it for what it is (i.e, NOT a clubsport) and removed the non-genuine roll bar. Just my opinion. Perhaps black is not a popular colour. Have you had many realistic offers on it?

Edited by spiller

A few time wasters, the ad states "Clubsport Kit", as that tells everyone that it was a kit... Weird how things work, others have come and gone whilst this one is waiting. I've spent a tonne on it though, major service which cost a handful at Porsche Sydney, Original wheels again cost of a finger I'd say, new tyres don't get me started! concours 3 day detail including stone guard wrapping. Car present perfectly.

Shady has an Early one for sale. Thin pickings here, but quite a few overseas

Where is Shady, I need details!

I am surprised yours has sat for as long as it has to be honest given the yellow one sold at 225K so quickly. 14,000kms is not a lot less than 30,000 but I feel your car would present better if they advertised it for what it is (i.e, NOT a clubsport) and removed the non-genuine roll bar. Just my opinion. Perhaps black is not a popular colour. Have you had many realistic offers on it?

If someone here on the forum is keen, I am happy to do a special deal re the 996 GT3

A few time wasters, the ad states "Clubsport Kit", as that tells everyone that it was a kit... Weird how things work, others have come and gone whilst this one is waiting. I've spent a tonne on it though, major service which cost a handful at Porsche Sydney, Original wheels again cost of a finger I'd say, new tyres don't get me started! concours 3 day detail including stone guard wrapping. Car present perfectly.

If someone here on the forum is keen, I am happy to do a special deal re the 996 GT3

To collectors there is a difference between adding the CS components and a factory M030 car. At your original price, that was collector car prices! Your current price is about right for the market, I believe it should change hands around $180k give or take. 

944 turbo for 25k over at DHM auto. lots of work done to it apparently; camber tops, bigger intercooler, converted to coilpacks etc.

2QEWxFb.jpg?1

Like the vented nose panel, ala 924 Turbo.  Very cool!