Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yes weird hey , its funny its like us pawing over the PCar Carsales adds , the Aston the F40 posted also had the wrong headlamp bezels , they didnt have screws…. just little things…but when your talking 7 figures….

Just goes to show.. whats original….hang on I think I got some RS stickers somewhere in the cupboard

So any more RED 964's ..maybe i will build a hotrod..

restoring the car... It's mumbo jumbo atm 

finally  - I think I have a scoop for the weekend. Tired of looking at carsales I tried googling 'porsches for sale in Adelaide.' Why Adelaide i hear you say? Well, it is a bit, you know, backward (sorry Lee)

scrolling through to page 5 I think I came across this dealer. Just spoke to him. Nice enough guy who has a car currently not advertised in Australia (currently in the UK).

1970 E (US car)

tangerine

74,000 original miles

unbelievably original and in amazing condition (check out the carpets). Original owner was a professor who owned it for 40 years. Paperwork on everything from the moment it was picked up

$180 - $200k buys it.

The guy even offered that if you wanted to fly to the UK you could take the car on a Euro driving holiday before he shipped it back for you

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1970-porsche-911e-coupe-manual-lhd/

P1013679-Custom_zps8uqwnj0o.jpg

that is nice. And a good find. All that is missing is the external oil door :ph34r:

Smit, you must just be hanging to see your new prize, let alone drive the thing! And then the fun of hotting it up - must feel like a little kid a week before Xmas. Maybe the 911TT S recorded was a 993TT S or a 997.2TT S or a 991TT S. Tyres replaced around 20ks would be normal, you'd get around 10ks out of a rear set and 20 ks out of a front set I'd think. I also think that any well experienced Pcar technician worth his salt could tell if an excellently presented car had been "raced" say 50? 100? laps. Some guys in a beautiful condition car that has seen a track 10 times don't necessarily push it either, and they basically are race cars and are built to withstand a bit of a mechanical hiding, so tracking a bit as DJM says, is no big deal. Anyway let's see a photo of your new silver toy....

Sandy468   White 996T S in Vic  150k  On your way for a spin with that deposit in hand ??

Edited by smit2100

Sounds about right....

Price seems reasonable Sandy but do they do a good job?  They are a multi brand dealership that also happen to do Porsche so I am hoping they are switched on & not just "having a crack".  I suppose you want to know you have someone checking the car that knows what they are doing.  

Get in touch with Cam Arnott, he is a Darwin resident and has built some great Porsches. Unfortunately I don't have his email

here at work, only his mobile number. Michel or someone will be along soon with his contact details.

That's great, thanks very much.  If anyone has this gents contact details & would pass them along that would be grand.

cheers,

Jason 

Price seems reasonable Sandy but do they do a good job?  They are a multi brand dealership that also happen to do Porsche so I am hoping they are switched on & not just "having a crack".  I suppose you want to know you have someone checking the car that knows what they are doing.  

a recent PPI carried out by Porsche Centre Willoughby on a members 964 when they were selling it through CTS turned in a report that "an engine rebuild was required." CTS pulled it out of there quick smart and gave it to CAVACO. Needless to say it was just a regular old aircooled engine that liked sharin' a bit of oil with a garage floor now and again ;) 

Sandy468   White 996T S in Vic  150k  On your way for a spin with that deposit in hand ??

Great looking car. Sold a year or two ago after hanging around for ages for around $125k from memory. Apart from the first shot of it the photos are all from that prior listing which is why I am sure it's that one. 

can someone please check whether I just read $248,000 for a 88 930?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1988/SSE-AD-3910328/?Cr=1

Looks that way to me

T this ones been done 

It's not like Mr T to overdo things :ph34r:

Market check:

Two '88 930's for sale - 1 LHD conversion hot rod $165k, 1 RHD UK car (still in UK?) $248k

Split the difference - take mine for $206.5k? It's orig RHD and in Australia

Don't all rush me at once - it's not for sale!

finally  - I think I have a scoop for the weekend. Tired of looking at carsales I tried googling 'porsches for sale in Adelaide.' Why Adelaide i hear you say? Well, it is a bit, you know, backward (sorry Lee)

scrolling through to page 5 I think I came across this dealer. Just spoke to him. Nice enough guy who has a car currently not advertised in Australia (currently in the UK).

1970 E (US car)

tangerine

74,000 original miles

unbelievably original and in amazing condition (check out the carpets). Original owner was a professor who owned it for 40 years. Paperwork on everything from the moment it was picked up

$180 - $200k buys it.

The guy even offered that if you wanted to fly to the UK you could take the car on a Euro driving holiday before he shipped it back for you

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1970-porsche-911e-coupe-manual-lhd/

P1013679-Custom_zps8uqwnj0o.jpg

when are you taking delivery?

That's great, thanks very much.  If anyone has this gents contact details & would pass them along that would be grand.

cheers,

Jason 

Jason you got PM 

Great looking car. Sold a year or two ago after hanging around for ages for around $125k from memory. Apart from the first shot of it the photos are all from that prior listing which is why I am sure it's that one. 

It was for sale one year ago it was on the market for a long time 

This 997 has been for sale for a while price looks ok ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-12441552/?Cr=2

This 997 has been for sale for a while price looks ok ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-12441552/?Cr=2

by way of a market update/transparency sold my 997.2 tt for $220k. Probably could have hold on for another $10k but it's going to a good home. Depreciation on these really slowed in the last 6 months (you could argue values went up). Gen 1 manual cars seem great value with the rising prices of 996's. Interesting reading edgy's comparison of a 997 gt3/996 gt3. As a pure drivers car I can see the appeal of the rawer/simplicity of the 996. Late turbo drivers probably want a bit more power/comfort/looks and the 997 delivers. 

As soon as I bought the 930 though I knew the 997's days were numbered. Onto the next one ;) 

Not sure if 1:18 model car or real thing....

Best you check before transferring your deposit.

Fantastic colours though.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3929166?WT.seg_4

cp5750091629476664552.jpg?aspect=FitWith

This is beautiful.  My SC is currently black, on red, on the original copper brown metallic.  Vandalised.  However I will bring it back to the original colour shortly.  I have a Cork interior too, so pretty much this car is how mine will end up looking.  I bought it with this as the vision of its final state and it's great to actually see some high quality pics of that vision.  There aren't that many out there as I've searched a fair bit.  Sooooooo much better than the boring colours.  Good luck with sale OP and if you get the $90k let me know as I might be able to justify a full resto if you do.  

This is beautiful.  My SC is currently black, on red, on the original copper brown metallic.  Vandalised.  However I will bring it back to the original colour shortly.  I have a Cork interior too, so pretty much this car is how mine will end up looking.  I bought it with this as the vision of its final state and it's great to actually see some high quality pics of that vision.  There aren't that many out there as I've searched a fair bit.  Sooooooo much better than the boring colours.  Good luck with sale OP and if you get the $90k let me know as I might be able to justify a full resto if you do.  

Hey Pork Chops,

I know how you feel ..... I too have an SC that is the wrong colour. Mine should be Bamboo which only had a 2 year run and only 2 bought into Australia.

Talk about frustrating!

Should you decide to restore yours back to its original colour, yours would, in the current market, be worth this figure, if not a bit more depending on the quality of work.

I'm in two minds about repainting mine .... I would love to bring it back to original and have a rare, mint condition coloured 911 .... however ..... at the moment I just get in mine and drive it. Not so worried about all those noises that come from beneath the car as I'm driving on our shitty roads .... I know that if it was mint, I would have trouble reversing it down the driveway, knowing how much time and money went into it to get it to look like that.

It's a dilema that runs back and forth in my head every day .... but for the moment, I'm loving driving my car.

Hey Pork Chops,

I know how you feel ..... I too have an SC that is the wrong colour. Mine should be Bamboo which only had a 2 year run and only 2 bought into Australia.

Talk about frustrating!

Should you decide to restore yours back to its original colour, yours would, in the current market, be worth this figure, if not a bit more depending on the quality of work.

I'm in two minds about repainting mine .... I would love to bring it back to original and have a rare, mint condition coloured 911 .... however ..... at the moment I just get in mine and drive it. Not so worried about all those noises that come from beneath the car as I'm driving on our shitty roads .... I know that if it was mint, I would have trouble reversing it down the driveway, knowing how much time and money went into it to get it to look like that.

It's a dilema that runs back and forth in my head every day .... but for the moment, I'm loving driving my car.

you could consider stone shield wrapping the car... $3500 to do a full car and I can lead you into the right direction.

Just an idea

Hey Pork Chops,

Talk about frustrating!

The paint on my car is too poor to leave, and for me to be happy.  I also feel if you're going to renovate / upgrade, as long as you can afford it, do it as early as possible as then you enjoy the upgrade for a longer time.  So often you see a car get fixed up and shortly thereafter sold.  As long as you're happy that's all that matters.

All good and promising and then you say it's an import with LHD. Sort of like a leper with HIV. Or have times radically changed ?

too original not to take seriously this one and probably $100k+ cheaper than its RHD cousin. 

I could give up maccas to scratch this itch, but backing out of city car parks could get tiresome ;) 

I emailed old mate about this car earlier in the week asking if it’s an import and could he back up the power claims with Dyno sheets.

Answer was it’s a UK import and its not been on a dyno due to 4WD cars viscus centre coupling not been able to be run on a dyno. But its a very fast car...

Riiiiiiiiight. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3261389

cp5057649709829748856.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Answer was it’s a UK import and its not been on a dyno due to 4WD cars viscus centre coupling not been able to be run on a dyno. But its a very fast car...

Riiiiiiiiight. 

He's certainly hatin' on the stock 996s , 997s and GT2/RS's!

Whilst 996TT may be as he says an appreciating investment , his investment is not exactly that. He' has blown more than a turbo on building that thing. Somebody here should buy it.