Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Trying to sell .. maybe they will have as much luck as the dude with the 991 GT3RS That was at 650+K now at 599k and hasnt moved in weeks 

Scarcity is onething to drop a little cash on but paying way way over the odds insanity …. if we stop paying those prices..they will stop doing it ..respect your dollar

There's been five cars, including this one, advertised on Carsales since its release. One in Sapphire Blue, two in White and two in Yellow. Most advertised for about $260k-280k. All but the two yellow ones have supposedly been sold.

The yellow one above at $320k is not very well spec'ed. No LWBS's, no PCCB's, no leather dash, no Clubsport package etc. 

Anyone for a GT2?

- 5 x 996s from $319k to $459k (only 29 Aus delivered less several write offs so probably a quarter of all of them are currently for sale including 2 at RSR) 

- 5 x 997s from $440k to $550k.

Spoilt for choice!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(((Service%3d%5bCarsales%5d%26BodyStyle%3d%5bCoupe%5d)%26GenericGearType%3d%5bManual%5d)%26(Make%3d%5bPorsche%5d%26(Model%3d%5b911%5d%26Badge%3d%5bGT2%5d)))&sortby=~Price

Edited by DJM

'cept that one is auto

Had to laugh at this one - way overpriced, no movement - I know will follow suit on tactics for classic car sales and put the price up further

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-3946387/?Cr=4

Had to laugh at this one - way overpriced, no movement - I know will follow suit on tactics for classic car sales and put the price up further

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-3946387/?Cr=4

I'm trying to decipher that one.

It doesn't have 491 on the option list which suggests it's not an original widebody. Also seems to be a UK car. So the comments about being extremely rare and only 3 brought into the country are perplexing.

Seems to me it's a UK import targa with a wide-body conversion.

Or maybe I'm wrong

New = no.  I posted a link to this car about 6  or so weeks ago on a another thread in response to 964 wanted.   I actually had a look at the car in flesh in the showroom, before Christmas  (eg If I am down Ringwood way in Melbourne I have a bit of a sticky beek at that showroom and they seem to have at least one P car on the floor everytime I have popped my head in) .It looked to be a  pretty clean car.  Assuming cab plus wanting price = no takers ??

Edited by smit2100

Say what you want, but there would be no shame coming from me if you all caught me driving around in a Benz Pagoda... eating quiche :D

DD'd one (280SL) for 5 years, some years ago.  I was King of it all, all....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-3958031/?Cr=20

A buddy of mine is selling his lovely 996TT.  Aussie, manual, black - unmessed with.

It may be my eyes and an optical illusion, but I am digging that unmessed with exhaust setup  and particularly the tips with respect to the size, shape, and extenuated angle and length of protrusion from the bumper relative to most unmessed with 2001 Porsche 996 turbo tip setups that I have come across that I thought was restricted to factory oval or eisenmann shaped / stamped tips.  Any chance you can ask your buddy if he knows the option code / part numbers for that unmessed with sport exhaust (didn't realize factory provided an option) and exhaust tips that I am digging  (could look underneath the tips and jot down the stamping details).

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-3958031/?Cr=20

A buddy of mine is selling his lovely 996TT.  Aussie, manual, black - unmessed with.

@ Michel.  

I am guessing you would all much rather hear where is Sandy 468  and what he actually has to say about it. 

I just posted a 2 cent buckshot and sarcastic keyboard warrior comment on behalf of some of the purists (not a subscriber on the 996 Turbo model) for which I hope I am eating my words.  Eg Skeptical the the exhaust tips (and whole exhaust sytem for that matter) are unmessed with OEM parts.  If someone makes me eat my words, then my research has failed miserably.  But I am quick to learn and right a wrong and if they are OEM tips, I will be on the hunt to my new found web site  (easy-square.com)  as they will compliment a shiny new Kline setup ( I'm starting to mess around) as opposed to the duller OEM Eisenmann ones I plan on reusing.  

Has anything sold in recent times in terms of 996 tt land.   I see a few more new alerts for additions to the ledger (even auto's) , but no deducts.   But give credit to the seller, they have  started well, eg at the bottom of the pack.  Looks a nice clean car and that exhaust system which I am digging and surmising abount will sound a lot better than the anemic note the purists insist on.

Edited by smit2100

It may be my eyes and an optical illusion, but I am digging that unmessed with exhaust setup  and particularly the tips with respect to the size, shape, and extenuated angle and length of protrusion from the bumper relative to most unmessed with 2001 Porsche 996 turbo tip setups that I have come across that I thought was restricted to factory oval or eisenmann shaped / stamped tips.  Any chance you can ask your buddy if he knows the option code / part numbers for that unmessed with sport exhaust (didn't realize factory provided an option) and exhaust tips that I am digging  (could look underneath the tips and jot down the stamping details).

Exhaust is the X54 package I've got it on mine with the stock system.

X50 package is the power upgrade

Exhaust is the X54 package I've got it on mine with the stock system.

X50 package is the power upgrade

Thanks   Yes I always considered the X50 to be the package of to be the 450 power upgrade package of modified turbo chargers, intercoolers, electronic control units, and transmission.    Didn't appreciate there was a X54 Exhaust package and surprised they didn't roll that in the X50 package.   I have what I consider as the  split dual factory option tips that are stamped with Eisenmann stampings. I have seen  those tips marketed as factory X50 / X51 / X54.  Can you confirm if the tips that come with the X54 are like the ones in the ebay pic below and have the Eisenmann  stamping.  Eg Only one factory split dual tip exists, or is there more than one factory dual tip setup eg  a X51 and a X54.  Any chance you can post a pic with  the stampings on the underside of the tip if you have access to them via PM so I can compare it with mine. (Google and part list diagrams are pretty scant on this and no definitive answers that I can see)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-996-996TT-Turbo-FACTORY-Muffler-Exhaust-Dual-Tip-Tips-Pair-X51-GT2-/311397416972?hash=item4880bb800c:g:Iv0AAOSwu4BVmu-s&vxp=mtr

In terms of the tips on the Black 996tt, I was thinking they were more aftermarket OEM X54 style tips  like in the link below (even confusing in their add, eg headline X54 then talk X51 in the detail) as they appeared to be more  rounded and larger split on the bigger diameter, lengthier tip  and most of all better slant in appearance than mine.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/speedtech-x54-oem-style-dual-exhaust-tips-porsche-996-0105-p-113351.html

Edited by smit2100

Thanks. Coincidentally, I was sort of all of that a week or so  ago.  Left 2 gumtree messages with phone and email contacts requesting the details of the stampings on the underside of the tips but no response  Eg At the time,wanted to know what the stampings are as their appears to be lots ts of factory OEM style X50/X51/X54 chrome tips out their that aren't the real deal