Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

From the people I have spoken to about buying an 06/07 Cayman, they're scared of the IMS problem rearing its ugly head (as I would be) which is fair enough

And no. Don't buy a Honda Jazz!

This is quite an issue with the 05-08 Caymans Lee as I have found.  I spoke with a pretty well respected Porsche independent here in Brisbane who said that to replace the IMS in these year models necessitates the complete removal of the engine in order to get to the IMS.  No 2-3k job there, big, big bucks he was quoting.  Having said that I spoke to another well known Mechanic who said to completely disregard it.  He said the bearings were upgraded following the 986 issues & that it would be so rare as to be like Unicorns balls for it to occur.  Who do you believe - Scary stuff.

Bronze/burgundy colour combo is a bit 'special'

YOU MISSED MY POST AT 4.18am …. before entering the sunsrise in a three figured warp zone this morning in the TT that started with a 2 infront of it..

I should post a picture of that but then someone would probably dob me in to A cUrret Affair for out doing the P Plate Hoons that were on tonight.

Thanks for the inner guidance AND correct  WINE/CURRY interior.. I knew you would know Tom ..are you into design ;)

Whats wrong with an import ?         

PS You know you can get MR LCT for yor number plate mate.. its available on RTA Myplates site.. I reckon that would be killer 

Looks like sandy might win it. I was waiting for the high 30's :D

Jason, I think you will find that sandy and I were taking the piss mate. 

Looks like the auctions on then, only the seller doesn't know about it! I'm at $42000 and then $42250 in 7 days  by the 24 May 2016 if I haven't brought it yet ....I'll add $250 a week as I'm in no hurry to buy as I really like counting my money and if I just count it enough over the months you know what, I might just keep my $$$$$!!

Jason, Diamond might've been taking the piss but I was serious, really!

Low 40's to 45 is where I would be if I really wanted one - the 2 on car sales at the moment at $53 or $54 is the asking price not the eventual sale price, they've both been on there for ages, if one gets realistic and moves into the high $40's it's time to go to work!

YOU MISSED MY POST AT 4.18am …. before entering the sunsrise in a three figured warp zone this morning in the TT that started with a 2 infront of it..

I should post a picture of that but then someone would probably dob me in to A cUrret Affair for out doing the P Plate Hoons that were on tonight.

Thanks for the inner guidance AND correct  WINE/CURRY interior.. I knew you would know Tom ..are you into design ;)

Whats wrong with an import ?         

PS You know you can get MR LCT for yor number plate mate.. its available on RTA Myplates site.. I reckon that would be killer 

didn't you know? - I now love imports ;) 

plate search underway...I think BCC is doing to dob me into the tax department

This is quite an issue with the 05-08 Caymans Lee as I have found.  I spoke with a pretty well respected Porsche independent here in Brisbane who said that to replace the IMS in these year models necessitates the complete removal of the engine in order to get to the IMS.  No 2-3k job there, big, big bucks he was quoting.  Having said that I spoke to another well known Mechanic who said to completely disregard it.  He said the bearings were upgraded following the 986 issues & that it would be so rare as to be like Unicorns balls for it to occur.  Who do you believe - Scary stuff.

they're both right. From ~mid 2005 onwards they used a different bearing design which means the bearing cannot be replaced without tearing down the engine. Fortunately the bearing was also changed to be more reliable and it seems to have quite a low failure rate, less than 1% in contrast to the earlier designs with around 8-10% failure rate. 

talking about whats down stream - how's the sale of the turd going? 

I think Michel is a bit backed up!  

If a steaming hot Mocha Brown is your thing but your buttjet doesn't stretch to meet Michel's, there's always this Mocha Brown 924.

This turd will be easier to pass than Michels, but you can sample the same flavour for around 2%....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282032109476?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG 

Edited by TrevMcRev

If a steaming hot Mocha Brown is your thing but your buttjet doesn't stretch to meet Michel's, there's always this Mocha Brown 924.

This turd will be easier to pass than Michels, but you can sample the same flavour for around 2%....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282032109476?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG 

1530301_10151814520316681_109981439_n.jp

It's a tasty blk 914 a lot of money $$$ spent. Selling cause he's also bought an even tastier 914. If your wanting some 914 love this might be the one.

The 2 per center looks like an early car and yes ha hah. get the 'loose' use of the word. Getting constant emails from well wishers, the envious and the persistent tyre kicker ... I'm swimming in it 

image_34.jpeg

Edited by michel

I know it's already mentioned, but I wanted the photos to be here too.. I think this would be the ULTIMATE 964. With over 250 views, we all know what that means. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.41.2

it's all in the advertising - this was for sale on Porsche club vic website for some time at around 70k perhaps 2 years ago.  My perception then was it was a stripped track special. Now it has cup rims refitted, it's been "rebranded" as a RS recreation/hot rod with super low kms and $130k build cost making $125k seem good value.  looks very tasty now, back then asking price was more than a nice clean C2.  How times change.

Edited by DJM

$_57.JPG 

I sent a few emails backwards and forwards with the owner, seems like a lot of game playing going on for such a cheap car (auctions closing on ebay and restarting at different prices, strange bidding behavior....and no contact number!!), I have seen it, very rough, but on the positive it's a sunroof delete, clean tan trim, auto and yes...lovin that retro colour combo etc etc....also not running.

But of more concern is the car keeps changing locations, seems like it moves every second day, I suspect when you go to rego this car you may get lumped with back paying all the parking fines or god knows what else......

But yes, 924's are what Edgy and I refer to as "Guilt free Porsche driving"....it used to be 928's....

As Mocha is the in colour , and as you want to be the "Boss" at cars and coffee (and SMT - these things go like stink) herewith -

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=28620797&trecs=2&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=151432107CFE&__Nne=15&__Qpb=1&seot=1&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966325 1090&silo=1011

May need to get a dead person's smell out of it though. It will still go like stink.

As Mocha is the in colour , and as you want to be the "Boss" at cars and coffee (and SMT - these things go like stink) herewith -

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=28620797&trecs=2&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=151432107CFE&__Nne=15&__Qpb=1&seot=1&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966325 1090&silo=1011

May need to get a dead person's smell out of it though. It will still go like stink.

I love the Engine description...."Dry Sump" .....cause you needed one to cope with the extreme corner loading these cars would typically see :ph34r:

I love the Engine description...."Dry Sump" .....cause you needed one to cope with the extreme corner loading these cars would typically see :ph34r:

There was one taken to the races in Vic once. A certain dad's car I seem to recall.

Being a Benz they typically handle rather well compared to other contemporary sedans. Especially the short wheel base 600s , if 40 feet long is short..

If you are a dictator you may need to make a quick getaway , which involves corners , so hit the sport mode lever :)(cone drill not too shabby for what the car is)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVDKztQ-n1U

Edited by tazzieman

very cool

highly polished turd tank