Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Has anyone posted this?

www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-2497123/?Cr=125&sdmvc=1

Looks like there maybe a good car somewhere in those shite pictures.

Has anyone posted this?

www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-2497123/?Cr=125&sdmvc=1

Looks like there maybe a good car somewhere in those shite pictures.

This car is the Aussie delivered version of mine but with double the km's. Same year, colour, trim, etc. Does factory RHD justify an asking price nearly double what I paid for mine only a few years ago?

This car is the Aussie delivered version of mine but with double the km's. Same year, colour, trim, etc. Does factory RHD justify an asking price nearly double what I paid for mine only a few years ago?

I thought it was yours initially!!! I wouldn't be surprised if this car moves for near the asking price - he could probably get more if he advertised it with decent photos!

Since turning my attention to older cars, I see that the 84/85 Carrera in white, in NSW, which was adv for $44000, has since sold. 

Anyone know what it went for? It was described as one of the best... and the photos tended to support that. I guess if that silver SC is anywhere near as clean and original, $40k is possible.

Thanks Clutch Monkey for the info, I should be going to take a look at it this arvo. I spoke to Adam yesterday about the car briefly, came from California, no rust, good condition, had a farked 964 engine when he bought it, swapped in the lightly modded 993 engine. Said someone from Sydney is also interested in it.

So $40-45k is a reasonable asking price then? I like the work done and condition of the body (assuming it matches the pics/description) just need to make sure my "want" isn't clouding my judgement of worth.

I can't seem to past any links. if anyone else wants to take a look.

Carsales ID 610301

And apparently can't quote the person I was replying to

So $40-45k is a reasonable asking price then? I like the work done and condition of the body (assuming it matches the pics/description) just need to make sure my "want" isn't clouding my judgement of worth.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-610301/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

J Factor,

There is clearly aLOT of work done there, and to my mind the sum of the parts alone would say the price is reasonable.

It looks like it would be an absolute weapon, probably an awesome track day car.

There is near nothing left of the original car from the pictures (its almost hard to believe it is a 78sc, even the dash seems different?), so assuming the work has all been done well and it passes a PPI, and it is the sort of thing you are after, reasonable price for me.

Go for it ;)

tk

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-610301/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

There is clearly aLOT of work done there, and to my mind the sum of the parts alone would say the price is reasonable.

Somebody find out why this is FS?

Embezzled family funds? Wife not happy? No wife , but job in mining industry? Or?

Seems to be a lot of these "fire sale" cars around. Maybe that's true generally for the classic car scene .

Thanks Clutch Monkey for the info, I should be going to take a look at it this arvo. I spoke to Adam yesterday about the car briefly, came from California, no rust, good condition, had a farked 964 engine when he bought it, swapped in the lightly modded 993 engine. Said someone from Sydney is also interested in it.

I can't seem to past any links. if anyone else wants to take a look.

Carsales ID 610301

And apparently can't quote the person I was replying to

it's my opinion that if it was 40k it would sell by the end of the week! he's been offered that before but not budged. not sure why the 45k price bracket has made it sit on the market this long given it's condition last i saw it was very good.

the one thing i do not like is the porsche twists - hideous wheel design imo but more importantly the wheel offset is not quite correct so requires spacers. no biggie but it would give an excuse to look into other wheels :D

good luck!

Somebody find out why this is FS?

Embezzled family funds? Wife not happy? No wife , but job in mining industry? Or?

Seems to be a lot of these "fire sale" cars around. Maybe that's true generally for the classic car scene .

accountant.. it's been for sale 2 years i'd say. maybe it's coming up to rebuild time for his 996 turbo? haha

Just had a look and drive.

Looks great, no real flaws with the paint or interior. Rear wheels run a 3inch spacer which is a bit crazy but easy fix.

Engine sounds and runs great. No ticking, rough idle or stuttering that I noticed.

No idea of original kms. The dash is from a 964 and shows 75,000kms. The engine has about 3000kms on it since rebuild.

Gear box felt good, easy to shift and clutch felt good. Accelerator pedal was a bit average, very little movement initially which made me stall (embarrassing) apparently an easy fix to adjust the pivot point of the pedal to make it more linear.

Steering wheel had a knock and was off centre slightly. Said it was a small bearing making the noise and the wheel could be straightened.

No creaking, ride felt good, I was surprised for its age and modifications. I didn't really get to throw it around to see how the handling truly was. Brakes felt good.

Wipers would not return to original position when turned off. Accidentally flicked them on during the drive.

It was a pretty good car. Not 100% perfect with a few small things, but major part/issues seemed right on.

I'll have to think about it.

Does anyone know this 964? A friend is looking at it later today..

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=SSE-AD-2704662&silo=Stock&vertical=Car

Cheers,

Don't know anything about the car but the 'vibe' of the sale is very good.You are buying the providence / past owner and the signs are good. We all know the disappointment after good looking photos that don't turn out on practice.

My gut is this is a fastidious old guys car that has been pampered. It looks smart in Black and Tan, condition looks good, nice interior, smart engine bay. If you can tolerate a tip then I think you could do a lot worse and this looks like the best on the market at the moment.

If it is smart I would just stump the cash, haggling with a widow is never a great look.

Just had a look and drive.

Looks great, no real flaws with the paint or interior. Rear wheels run a 3inch spacer which is a bit crazy but easy fix.

Engine sounds and runs great. No ticking, rough idle or stuttering that I noticed.

No idea of original kms. The dash is from a 964 and shows 75,000kms. The engine has about 3000kms on it since rebuild.

Gear box felt good, easy to shift and clutch felt good. Accelerator pedal was a bit average, very little movement initially which made me stall (embarrassing) apparently an easy fix to adjust the pivot point of the pedal to make it more linear.

Steering wheel had a knock and was off centre slightly. Said it was a small bearing making the noise and the wheel could be straightened.

No creaking, ride felt good, I was surprised for its age and modifications. I didn't really get to throw it around to see how the handling truly was. Brakes felt good.

Wipers would not return to original position when turned off. Accidentally flicked them on during the drive.

It was a pretty good car. Not 100% perfect with a few small things, but major part/issues seemed right on.

I'll have to think about it.

Whatever choice you make, no matter how good a car feels, be sure to take it for an inspection at a reputable Porsche mechanic.  You might consider Michael Harris at Promotive in Brisbane.

http://www.promotive.com.au/

Don't be fooled by the crap website, this guy really knows his stuff.