Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Nothing to see here gents, and certainly no cornflour used in this stew.

Selling a dream and been sold a dream. 

Gunter was the name of the first and current seller. No flip. Just pushing the market for a 'better'  price. 

so now it's a reverse auction 

Edited by michel

Will be interesting to see what it actually sells for, I'm assuming there maybe a mini auction happening? 

Wow. I was expecting an auction of sorts but didn't expect it to be pulled & then re-listed on 2 separate sites. 

Not that I was 'in' anyway but at 150k+ I'll see myself well and truly out. Still watching & waiting with interest..........................

a Carrera with a bonnet that had some rust on the front edge as one of the major issues, is then but a trivial affair. a pre galv shell and a pre galv targa that may have accident repair and also some evidence of yellow paint on the body...but it's a Carrera guys . Right? ! Sell the dream. 

Gunter is/was rightly in a dilemma and thinks (and advised by some who may frequent here) the best way to sell the car to maximise return to his family Is pre ad on gumtree and an eBay auction to follow. Gunter is not concerned around making us happy.

Sure the last week for a few might give rise to a grumble - so what. supply demand. 

$260k for an engine and some chassis numbers. Rust for free

didn't you just buy a ...

Who knows , there's also the no books issue, who cares, but the ' investor' . For the person who likes forensics and the hunt, could be all quite stimulating...

It'd be great to see this as is with a brace of bonnet lights parked at Bunnings, and where you strike up a friendly chat with the owner over a sausage sanger... unlikely. 

I think it's a great car; the colour, the engine (with handwritten rebuild receipt), even that it's a targa. I just don't see the value at $150-260,000! But I guess I know not as much as a lot of you so it's a moot point :unsure:

i assume the alleged "no compliance plate" mentioned elsewhere will be cleared up on the gumtree and ebay adds by a photo of it present or missing? 

Isn't Harndorf a rouge state of Germany anyway? Probably doesn't need compliance :) Gunter wouldn't be that far removed from the fatherland with a name like that. 

The add says = quote = "1974 PORSCHE CARRERA TARGA . MATCHING NUMBERS AND AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED. NOT ACTUAL PRICE SHOWN. WILL BE ON EBAY IN THE NEXT 24 HRS WITH A START BID OF $150000. ITS ON THIS SITE TO SHOW MORE PHOTO'S."

interesting way to sell a high priced car list for 260 thou but say it's not the price in the add and it will be on ebay in next 24 hrs for 150 thou start

Not sure what Race you boys are running

Mr Race and Mr Mocha  ….. in all seriousness … Are either if you are really determined to part with Lime Green bills , for a not so Lime Green car.. You might need the compliance plate and a few other facts..I have Pmed you both

Or maybe this is this merely virtual tire kicking session..

Please please please if either of you venture first time or second to  Handorf can you get me a bottle of Chocolate Sable please

A nice drink that goes well with a big Phat cigar and a 70's smoking jacket   http://www.hahndorfhillwinery.com.au/ChocoVino

And on that note I say good afternoon gents and I cant wait for the great  ebay yankfest begin…  Ebay the land of great monkey marketing and little delivery

The seller will no doubt be ready shout about the extreme amount  interest…from the market .. little will he know that the many watchers and viewers  will be from this forum, who don't intend to buy

I personally love a great comediy but sometimes find Ze German humour a little dry… and that comes from a passionate dry english humour maniac

Im not sure of your connection to Kitchens Mr Race and what Mr Mocha ribs you about but if , if your in the kitchen can u make me a dirty Martini - Shaken not stirred 

Just call me BOND!!

don't you just love google....

Michael in his weekend Harndorf negotiating gear (couldn't share the 'after' snaps)

Photo-Sep-08-6-58-55-PM-506x1024_zpsemok

you got me thinking and I'm an almost local been a Gawler boy N all. But did you mean schnapps or snaps ?

Sable Chocolate Liqueur

A beautiful, natural wine liqueur. The base is Ruby Tawny into which we have steeped dark German chocolate, cinnamon clove spices and three year old brandy. A soft, smooth wine to accompany your coffee or to add pleasure to moments of relaxation. Sip it through a topping of cream if you prefer. In warm weather, try serving chilled. An experience of elegance and lingering pleasure!

With a lime targa twist

Sable Chocolate Liqueur

A beautiful, natural wine liqueur. The base is Ruby Tawny into which we have steeped dark German chocolate, cinnamon clove spices and three year old brandy. A soft, smooth wine to accompany your coffee or to add pleasure to moments of relaxation. Sip it through a topping of cream if you prefer. In warm weather, try serving chilled. An experience of elegance and lingering pleasure!

With a lime targa twist

As a quarter lederhosen boy myself, I grew up around the corner in Mt Barker and my parents live in Hahndorf. I will have to have a look next time I am there.

Yes, it must be broken, my car has been on there for 5 days and has not sold.

OK apologies to Carsales it is not broken, but it did take nearly a week to sell my car.

My main complaint would be the 27 email enquiries that it generated when I asked for telephone to be the first point of contact, so perhaps if I had replied to any of those emails it may have sold sooner (doubtful)