Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

"Exceptional value @ $175,000". We will see:D

I don't know the cars well enough, but the ad states it is "Factory Standard". Is it a special order car, because I haven't seen one with those wheels or that exhaust exit. No engine pics, no interior pics. I know I am just a tyre kicker, but how much does he want to sell the car?

I don't know the cars well enough, but the ad states it is "Factory Standard". Is it a special order car, because I haven't seen one with those wheels or that exhaust exit. No engine pics, no interior pics. I know I am just a tyre kicker, but how much does he want to sell the car?

I like the blue but the wheels are obviously non original. It would look so much better on it's original Fuchs IMHO. Exhaust exit location looks factory but looks like new tips.  But certainly lacking photos of other key areas like the engine and interior as you have mentioned.  I'm assuming imported as no mention of Australian delivered.

I like the blue but the wheels are obviously non original. It would look so much better on it's original Fuchs IMHO. Exhaust exit location looks factory but looks like new tips.  But certainly lacking photos of other key areas like the engine and interior as you have mentioned.  I'm assuming imported as no mention of Australian delivered.

Wiper position = LHD-> RHD conversion?

When sending a car to the UK, the taxes and costs of shipping are a lot higher. Give or take, if you can sell a car for $400k in the UK, you need to be buying it here for about $285k. I know, I did the sums a short while ago. One well known trader offered me $250k for my 964RS in order to send it to the UK where he would have ended up with about $400k. That gave him enough margin for himself and a dealer over there.

There was a time a while back where the Oz prices lagged behind Europe enough to make it worth sending cars over there, but that is now well and truly gone. I have followed this for at least 8 months now, and I think it is reasonable to say that values on special Porsches (low numbers, high value) seem to be a straight conversion of pounds into dollars. For a few cars, it seems Oz leads while on others, Oz is behind a bit.

So if a really decent Carrera coupe with history is selling for, say, $400k in the UK, and it seems this has been reflected in sales over here, where does that leave the Targa? I don't know that market, but it is abouyt the same values as one I do know, the 964RS. If they are the same, then a coupe with the condition of the Targa (repairs plus rust) and no history would probably be about $250k. Then you need to take a chunk off for the Targa. That bit I don't know about, but I suspect it is over 30%. Maybe $150k is the right price?

Agreed , As a pommie and a person who has tried to buy and sell in both markets many times …I just laugh out loud when people think that there is a huge quick flip market to fairer shores...

I know one thing else , the Pomme like a non usty car but they also like a bargain..

Its like a movie scene closes - Targa interest fades outs to all but those still wanting it as an enthusiast want a life with a lime twist .  Flipper  and or the Greedy Shark , swims off into the sunset to perform another trick or be the predator in the sequel.

Thanks for the maths update…… :)

That is correct factory exhaust, anything different to that is aftermarket, and it is a $2K muffler so you would want it correct.

More detail would definitely help his ad. although saying that I try to put every detail in my ads and numptys still ask dumb questions, maybe @motolita has the right idea with his Carrera 3.0 advert, only give them 1 pic 

1983 Porsche 911 Targa Manual on Carsales. UK car.

I'm assuming an '83 is an SC but the 3.2 engine and front fog lights are all Carrera so I'm a bit confused.  Maybe it's an 84 which would make more sense. But he/she's listed it as a 3.0 in the engine description.

http://e.carsal.es/bJSzx

Likely 83 build year, but 84 model year.

That is correct factory exhaust, anything different to that is aftermarket, and it is a $2K muffler so you would want it correct.

My bad, I was referring to the tip which i wasn't sure if it was standard, and whether that gave any grounds to suggest there might be more to the car that isn't standard (other than the already identified wheels.

Thank you all for the welcome - Just landed in London on QF1 - I'll try and post more when we get settled and the family isn't so grumpy 

the other car I bought was an amethyst Cabrio in WA - would have preferred a coupe but they are thin on the ground

any one have recommendation for car visits in London? Dealers maybe ? 

EZ

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1974/SSE-AD-2708192/?Cr=9

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1974/OAG-AD-12049233/?Cr=3

straw poll. which one would you take? and did anyone see in the flesh the restored blue targa that sold at CTS for 120 odd thou recently? 

6 figures for me is not G Series worthy - that is just my opinion, however, if I had to choose, coupe.

This on the other hand will provide some $$ change and a different drive http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-3958031/?Cr=1

As a pommie and a person who has tried to buy and sell in both markets many times …

Pleased to know I am not the only Pom on here. Now all we need to do is keep quiet about the Rugby. Had a great night out with some of the PFA boys on Saturday at a pub which had the Rugby on 5 screens. Seems i was the only one happy in the whole pub....

Now back to Porsche talk:D

I have looked at the arbitrage between the markets over the 9 years I have been here and there have been times it might work, but it amazes me how many people tell me that they can buy a car on the cheap in the UK and bring it over here, particularly when I was selling my RS. I just wish I could have brought over another "personal import" 9 years ago. So, with all of that, what is the green monster worth?

6 figures for me is not G Series worthy - that is just my opinion, however, if I had to choose, coupe.

This on the other hand will provide some $$ change and a different drive http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-3958031/?Cr=1

Horses for courses. I wouldn't take a 996Tt over the right older car, but that's me. I also think it is wrong to compare what is, in effect, a modern car with an old classic - differen t type of car and different market. Anyway, if we all wanted the same, it would be a very boring thing

Heard yesterday that a Tassy rust bucket , non-running-for-30 years,  every-panel-dented , engine-problemed ex-farm abused '58 coupe 356 sold to a mainlander for $90,000,  incl fees.

When restored it will be one of the most expensive replicas around ;) Someone here must know the new owner.

Also has the wrong rear reflector ..... that one is from an '87 - '89 

I think that 928 is the actual car from Risky Business!

Anoraky fact the year is wrong but yes it looks a bit dejected...like a ton of 911s that were for sale 10 years ago... 

I was joking, I do know it isn't actually the car from Risky Business, that was an S4